Bally Sports dropped by Comcast

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Comcast says Bally's wants to charge too much. Bally's says MLB charges them too much. So with that logic isn't it MLB's fault, and you want them to do something? Just watch the highlights on Sports Center, you can see everything of interest that happened in every game in way less time than watching 1 pregame show w/ the starting lineups

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Comcast says Bally's wants to charge too much. Bally's says MLB charges them too much. So with that logic isn't it MLB's fault, and you want them to do something? Just watch the highlights on Sports Center, you can see everything of interest that happened in every game in way less time than watching 1 pregame show w/ the starting lineups
well, who can you believe - the morons at MLB, or the scum at Comcast?

Heard on the highlights on Sportscenter, but some of us really like watching a few innings of a game, having it on as background, etc. I have Youtubetv and it's a bummer how few MLB games you get with it - basically whatever ESPN and FS1 shows, then I think Fox and TBS still have a game of the week. That's about it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I've been around long enough to remember when there was ONLY 1 game a week on at all, NBC Game of the Week on Saturday at 1:00 w/ Joe Garagiola, Tony Kubek and Curt Gowdy. Then along came WTBS showing every Braves game, then WGN w/ all the Cubs and I was hooked, would set up 2 tvs and watch Braves and Cubs. Then not long after came free agency, Robbie Alomar spitting on umpires, George Brett pine tar tantrum, steroids, etc and now I haven't watched a MLB game in probably 15 years. I'm kind of getting the same way about college football w/ NIL and the portal. Now, GET OFF MY LAWN punks!

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
law and order crazy shit GIF

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
MLB is going to look back in about 10 years and wonder where all of their hardcore fans went. Everyman is getting priced out, now many can't watch on TV if they wanted to.

I regularly listen to the Cubs radio broadcast at work for days games and laugh Everytime they do an ad read for Northshore Adult Diapers because apparently that's the baseball fan demographic.

Between the destruction and homogenization of MiLB and inaccessibility on TV, MLB is quickly becoming a regional niche sport for upper middle class people with no kids to go hang out at the stadiums' multitude of premium clubs.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
MLB is going to look back in about 10 years and wonder where all of their hardcore fans went. Everyman is getting priced out, now many can't watch on TV if they wanted to.

I regularly listen to the Cubs radio broadcast at work for days games and laugh Everytime they do an ad read for Northshore Adult Diapers because apparently that's the baseball fan demographic.

Between the destruction and homogenization of MiLB and inaccessibility on TV, MLB is quickly becoming a regional niche sport for upper middle class people with no kids to go hang out at the stadiums' multitude of premium clubs.
Forget 10 years, everything you typed is happening today. MLB has absolutely abandoned being a nationally-relevant sport.

Reactions: Dawgg

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
When I say MLB needs to do something I mean that they need to completely change the system. There are a lot of fans now who have no access to their teams even if they were willing to pay the insane prices.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The NBA, NHL, and MLB need to get away from their archaic blackout rules. It’s costing them eyeballs because of all the people they limit from watching games.
I said this before but I’d have every Braves game on if I could get them, exposing two young kids to MLB. Instead I check the standings twice a week and they never see MLB. Good job, good effort.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
While I'm sure the RSN contracts are horrible, MLB should have done "whatever it takes" to make the games available over as many platforms as possible. Pay the RSNs extortion money, and take the losses until the contracts run out.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
well, who can you believe - the morons at MLB, or the scum at Comcast?

Heard on the highlights on Sportscenter, but some of us really like watching a few innings of a game, having it on as background, etc. I have Youtubetv and it's a bummer how few MLB games you get with it - basically whatever ESPN and FS1 shows, then I think Fox and TBS still have a game of the week. That's about it.
I have YoutubeTV as well and they black out the Braves on TBS. It is ludicrous. I can't get Ballys because I stream and I still can't watch my team on a channel that my TV package offers because the game is also on Ballys? Yes, MLB rules suck. Thank goodness for Dofu and Airplay

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I said this before but I’d have every Braves game on if I could get them, exposing two young kids to MLB. Instead I check the standings twice a week and they never see MLB. Good job, good effort.
Exactly why I’m interested in watching for the first time in 20 years. Want to get kids into it, but if I have to pay a ridiculous amount, I’ll just find another hobby

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It really is idiotic at this point to keep with the current system. It’s like they’re stuck in the 90s with cable tv when that’s just not how it works now.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is all the mlbs fault. Not having more than 1 game a day on major cable network or bunny ear channels all together outside of market is crazy and only have Bally on certain networks is crazy. Also crazy they still have blackouts even if you have the mlb tv package. I pay for that ever year so I can watch whatever but still blows my mind games are blacked out just because you are in that teams local market but it's not anywhere on local tv. Their media format is garbage. They wonder why their sport is losing folks. It's hard to watch your team without paying premium and it still might get blacked out unless you buy whatever cable satellite that has that package. At least with YouTube tv I can watch all sec baseball I want and with Disney plus package I can watch any of the other espn plus game

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
My brother’s son has actually turned into a Cardinals fan because he couldn’t watch any of the Braves games with them being blacked out hahaha

Reactions: Dawgg

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
It is crazy how far the gap between the NFL and other professional sports has grown. I think one of the reasons is the NFL is all about the fans and fan entertainment. They moved the draft from New York years ago and look how big it has become. I just don’t think the other sports care about their fans.
Even crazier is college sports and the Premier League are overtaking MLB and NBA. I see more people talking about the EPL than ever before. It is growing.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Try watching the sh*t show dumbazz Mozeliak has assembled in St. Louis and that’ll cure you of wanting to watch MLB ever again.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Just got this email...

Bally Sports is no longer available​

Unfortunately, our programming agreement with Diamond Sports Group has expired. This means we no longer have the rights to carry their channels, including your local Bally Sports network.

The loss of this channel will result in savings that we'll pass along to you, and you'll see a monthly credit on your bill in the coming weeks. You don't need to do anything to receive your credit; we'll automatically apply it to your upcoming monthly bill statement.

We know that unexpected changes to your channel lineup can be frustrating. We've been flexible with Diamond Sports Group, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers.

Great sports programming, including NBA, NHL, and MLB national coverage, is still available with Xfinity. Just say "Sports" into your Xfinity Voice Remote to explore your options.

We remain committed to bringing you the best in entertainment and will continue to work to provide you with the most choices at the lowest cost.
Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.​

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
If any of you guys are willing/interested in moving to another provider all together, I have Direct TV stream and I watch every single Braves game without a problem. The messages above about MLB TV are correct. Braves games on there the same time as Ballys are indeed blacked out. MLB streaming website I have not tried, only because I dont need to, so I cant give any feedback on that site. Its all a cluster, you should be able to watch your team of choice regardless!