Barry on hbo

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
Boy has that show gotten EVEN darker. I'm still loving it and excited to see where it will go, but other than the 2nd ep this season, the comedic aspect has been assassinated.

Truly unique and entertaining

Reactions: Dawgg

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Boy has that show gotten EVEN darker. I'm still loving it and excited to see where it will go, but other than the 2nd ep this season, the comedic aspect has been assassinated.

Truly unique and entertaining.
I’ve enjoyed watching it over the past few years. However, this last episode was the worst in the series by far.

The whole episode was somewhat confusing me. The desolate, blank desert landscape of where Barry currently lives is the same as his flashbacks or memories of him and Fuches when he was a kid. The only thing that doesn’t seem like a dream or memory is when Sally is in town.

The setting of the episode made no sense for a few reasons.

1. The house is in the middle of the desert. Just really odd to see with no driveway, landscaping, or any other houses in the distance.

2. There are no roads anywhere nearby.

3. There is no electricity running to the house. I understand you can bury power lines, but I didn’t see a transformer in the yard.

4. If it is that rural then I doubt they would have internet good enough to constantly stream unless they have Starlink.

5. The boy Barry’s son fights is just randomly in a field by a tractor with his dad. No crops, no livestock, no houses in sight. Just a dude and his son standing by a tractor. The same with the kids playing baseball.

6. Does Sally have a vehicle? There is never one parked at the house, but yet she drives to work in something.

If Bill Hader wouldn’t have said this episode was 8 years in the future I would’ve argued that this was some type of dream/imagination sequence. Just an odd way to set the episode.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'd give Barry a B grade; I like it but don't love it. At times it's bleak for no reason, and they just stretch the premise to the breaking point. That said, it's entertaining.

Plus I just really struggle to view Bill Hader as some kind of badass.

Bill Hader Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’ve enjoyed watching it over the past few years. However, this last episode was the worst in the series by far.

The whole episode was somewhat confusing me. The desolate, blank desert landscape of where Barry currently lives is the same as his flashbacks or memories of him and Fuches when he was a kid. The only thing that doesn’t seem like a dream or memory is when Sally is in town.

The setting of the episode made no sense for a few reasons.

1. The house is in the middle of the desert. Just really odd to see with no driveway, landscaping, or any other houses in the distance.

2. There are no roads anywhere nearby.

3. There is no electricity running to the house. I understand you can bury power lines, but I didn’t see a transformer in the yard.

4. If it is that rural then I doubt they would have internet good enough to constantly stream unless they have Starlink.

5. The boy Barry’s son fights is just randomly in a field by a tractor with his dad. No crops, no livestock, no houses in sight. Just a dude and his son standing by a tractor. The same with the kids playing baseball.

6. Does Sally have a vehicle? There is never one parked at the house, but yet she drives to work in something.

If Bill Hader wouldn’t have said this episode was 8 years in the future I would’ve argued that this was some type of dream/imagination sequence. Just an odd way to set the episode.
I have just given up trying to rationalizing anything with the show. Once the insane Jiu Jitsu girl went nuts on Fuches (which is probably my favorite episode) I just said 17 it, I’m here and I’m gonna just enjoy the ride, wherever it takes me.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

Truly unique and entertaining
This last episode sucked. I really hope the rest of the season isn't 8 years in the future. I need Noho Hank. He's the star of the show.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Man, I've loved this show but this season is killing me. It's gotten insanely dark (weird to say about a show based on a hitman) and I am not a fan of the jump ahead in years/where the story has gone.

I NEED MORE NOHO HANK!!!!

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just binge watched the final season. WTF? I really thought it was all someone's dream.

I still don't understand the guy in the black body suit.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just binge watched the final season. WTF? I really thought it was all someone's dream.

I still don't understand the guy in the black body suit.
I was hoping they explained that last week but they didn’t. Didn’t he shut the door behind him with himself in the room? Then he disappeared? And what was in his eye?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I was hoping they explained that last week but they didn’t. Didn’t he shut the door behind him with himself in the room? Then he disappeared? And what was in his eye?
And how could a Dodge Ram do that much damage to a house?

This season has been weird as hell.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
And how could a Dodge Ram do that much damage to a house?

This season has been weird as hell.
Series finale and no f’n idea what happened in that scene. I’m wondering if it actually happened at all and if it wasn’t just some form of ptsd from her being alone and killing that guy

Finale was ok’ish. I hate Sally. She’s always been the villain to me. Hate her guts. Is Fuches still living as the Raven? I did get a laugh out of Barry just saying “oh wow” though.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I took it to be the skeevy cook that she blamed the cash register theft on (nad his buddies) and that she’s been so messed up on pills and alcohol that she blacked out and killed one of them (or killed the guy and suffered PTSD and suppressed the memory).

I could be wrong though.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
I think it's a symbol of her acute paranoia that heightens her dependence on barry to "feel safe."

The voice she kept hearing was of the guy she stabbed, so it was probably all hallucinations. She had a similar hallucination with the traffic cop outside of gene's house before she got nabbed by the chechans.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Series finale and no f’n idea what happened in that scene. I’m wondering if it actually happened at all and if it wasn’t just some form of ptsd from her being alone and killing that guy

Finale was ok’ish. I hate Sally. She’s always been the villain to me. Hate her guts. Is Fuches still living as the Raven? I did get a laugh out of Barry just saying “oh wow” though.
Just finished the finale. Wasn’t a fan of the finale or the final season honestly.
Barry went from being a dark comedy to just being dark and weird with a little comedy mixed in.

And Sally does suck. Her son told her that he loved her at the end, and all she cared about was if her high school play was good.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
At some point, maybe it was earlier this season, Barry became one of those shows that I just endured until the end but was glad when the final episode wrapped.