Bases loaded. Choke artist at the plate

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
No tears, it’s just tiring seeing a bunch of middle-aged dudes hiding behind a keyboard bashing these guys.

At least tell us it makes you feel better about your sh!tty existence. Because if it doesn’t, you’re not accomplishing anything here.
Does posting here make you feel better about your ****** existence?

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

"Kids" don't get paid to do what they love. These are professional athletes now. Do your job or 17 off. Can't have it both ways.

I won't call out players for sucking (except maybe in a game thread) but if I was paying the salary for this team you can bet a few would already be fired.

You want to earn like a pro? Get ready.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Old enough to get paid a bunch of NIL money
I'm certain I'm not the only one, but I've said DJ has had an immaturity and attitude problem for weeks now; he's sooo naturally talented but if it doesn't just come to him, he doesn't seem to want it.
What the 17 does this even mean? You can’t help but love amateur sports psychologists who analyze college athletes inner strength and weaknesses. A future first round draft pick doesn’t want it. Just stupid.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
It’s sad that we don’t appear to have a coach that help these kids hit better. Either the kids are not coachable or our hitting coach can’t help them, which fits a pattern we saw in hitting and pitching last year. From their approach at the plate it is obvious they are lost and need help.
Last I checked, State was third in ERA and 6th in batting average. If you can’t see how much better this team is from last year than you just a troll or miserable. I guess both

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
DJ and Hines are under tremendous pressure as they see all the scouts sitting behind home plate and realize that their draft status is sliding FAST. They are each losing a lot of signing bonus money every AB. They have probably lost out on several hundred thousand $$ this week. Hines has a slump so bad that I suspect he has "Hatcher" disease.
Who’s your source on their draft status? Just trying to fit in with all the others in the know I suppose?

1984dog

Apr 4, 2014
Who’s your source on their draft status? Just trying to fit in with all the others in the know I suppose?
Baseball America has Dakota Jordan as the #24 pick in the first round (May 17, 2024)

Baseball America 2024 Top MLB Draft Prospects (April 24, 2024) also has Kahl Stephen at #109, Jurrangelo Cijntje at #125, Nate Dohm @ #169, Hunter Hinds at #234.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Baseball America has Dakota Jordan as the #24 pick in the first round (May 17, 2024)

Baseball America 2024 Top MLB Draft Prospects (April 24, 2024) also has Kahl Stephen at #109, Jurrangelo Cijntje at #125, Nate Dohm @ #169, Hunter Hinds at #234.
He will have to be more consistent or go down to AA baseball. It won't matter what someone says on Twitter then; he will just be paid more.

We don't have a AA team

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023

Thats not a good source to go off of. MLB guys/Kiley McDaniel all have Dakota and Lo mid to late 1st rounders. One of the guys just updated his top prospects has Jurrangelo at 15 now.

Apr 6, 2024
What the 17 does this even mean? You can’t help but love amateur sports psychologists who analyze college athletes inner strength and weaknesses. A future first round draft pick doesn’t want it. Just stupid.
It means too often this year his behavior actions and demeanor at the plate and the dugout make it seem as if what I said is the case. Just because somebody has a different take than you doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong. Just stupid.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
And since you think you know more than anyone else please tell us the world's secrets. We're waiting, genius.
That’s the point. I don’t try to have an opinion of an athlete’s body language after he has struck out and is disappointed. You post as though you have some inside knowledge of his physique. It’s one thing to discuss his poor performance but to stereotype as selfish and immature is just awful.

Reactions: olblue