Bears

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,796
3,069
113
Nothing I saw from Bagent, good and bad, surprised me today. He’s a very good #2 QB and it’s awesome the bears have him.
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
 

SiuCubFan8

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2007
6,338
4,119
113
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
The screen INT was a bad decision and he certainly got bailed out there. There were some other throws/decisions that were not great but he also did throw a couple dimes.
At least one if not both were penalties that basically casued the other INTs.
But he his a back up and he played well for a back up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Colin2299

Colin2299

Senior
Aug 13, 2025
647
441
63
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.

One of them was a free play and another was from a db holding the wr who the ball was thrown two.
 

4Afan

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2001
4,656
4,148
113
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
The penalties on the INTs I feel like Bagent knew were coming. On all of those us and everyone around us knew the penalty was on NYJ so it seemed like he thought he had a free play or threw where he knew the penalty happened.
 

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,796
3,069
113
One of them was a free play and another was from a db holding the wr who the ball was thrown two.
Definitely agree on the second. He also may have been hesitant to run, due to the fact he was in concussion protocol last week. I’d like to see him use his legs more in GB. It’s one of his best traits.
 

4Afan

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2001
4,656
4,148
113
Not sure what you’re watching but neither QB that has played the last two games isn’t as good as Caleb. He’s not getting traded - neither of the other two are.

In Johnson’s system they won’t have to pay Luther Rome and Colston. They got rid of Moore and haven’t missed a beat. He’s can plug in a wide receiver and get similar results - Raymond for example.

I have to seriously question your football acumen
Screenshot_20261004_201014_Chrome.jpg

On this list only Mahones and Stafford have won a Super Bowl and that before their massive paydays. I'm not a fan of sinking that much salary cap into one player and yes, Caleb will be in that range if the Bears extend him so they won't have the money to surround him with as many weapons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Colin2299

RetiredReferee

All-Conference
Aug 27, 2011
1,092
1,088
113
View attachment 1469571

On this list only Mahones and Stafford have won a Super Bowl and that before their massive paydays. I'm not a fan of sinking that much salary cap into one player and yes, Caleb will be in that range if the Bears extend him so they won't have the money to surround him with as many weapons.

Stafford got a big contract extension with the Lions in 2017 before he got the extension from the Rams, so I wouldn't put him in your list. Goff was extended before the 2024 season, when his offensive coordinator was........

The bigger point is, Ben Johnson probably isn't here if the Bears don't have Caleb on the roster.
 

Colin2299

Senior
Aug 13, 2025
647
441
63
Definitely agree on the second. He also may have been hesitant to run, due to the fact he was in concussion protocol last week. I’d like to see him use his legs more in GB. It’s one of his best traits.

I don’t. Running game is just fine and he only needs to run if he gets through his reads and no one is open.
 

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,796
3,069
113
I don’t. Running game is just fine and he only needs to run if he gets through his reads and no one is open.
Exactly. I’m not talking about designed runs. I’m talking about scrambling when nothing is open. I think he only did it once, and he picked up positive yards. I’d like to see him scramble more often in GB when nothing is open. He has the ability to do so.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Video: Loyola 38 St. Ignatius 7
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Rivals Riser: Illinois WR commit Bennett Konkey earns his fourth star
  5. 05 CaneSport football recruiting Power ranking the five best Miami recruits I saw on the road in September