I hope he at least got relegated to number 2 on the depth chart when it comes to goal line situations. I also hope that comes with BJ stopping the shotgun crap on short yardage.
Ben’s redzone offense is a bit of a head scratcher.
I hope he at least got relegated to number 2 on the depth chart when it comes to goal line situations. I also hope that comes with BJ stopping the shotgun crap on short yardage.
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.Nothing I saw from Bagent, good and bad, surprised me today. He’s a very good #2 QB and it’s awesome the bears have him.
The screen INT was a bad decision and he certainly got bailed out there. There were some other throws/decisions that were not great but he also did throw a couple dimes.Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
The penalties on the INTs I feel like Bagent knew were coming. On all of those us and everyone around us knew the penalty was on NYJ so it seemed like he thought he had a free play or threw where he knew the penalty happened.Hopefully, he learns from some of his mistakes. He got bailed out with three penalties nullifying interceptions. It only gets tougher playing QB on the road. I’d like to see him use his mobility more. Hopefully, BJ learned a few things as well.
Definitely agree on the second. He also may have been hesitant to run, due to the fact he was in concussion protocol last week. I’d like to see him use his legs more in GB. It’s one of his best traits.One of them was a free play and another was from a db holding the wr who the ball was thrown two.
Not sure what you’re watching but neither QB that has played the last two games isn’t as good as Caleb. He’s not getting traded - neither of the other two are.
In Johnson’s system they won’t have to pay Luther Rome and Colston. They got rid of Moore and haven’t missed a beat. He’s can plug in a wide receiver and get similar results - Raymond for example.
I have to seriously question your football acumen

View attachment 1469571
On this list only Mahones and Stafford have won a Super Bowl and that before their massive paydays. I'm not a fan of sinking that much salary cap into one player and yes, Caleb will be in that range if the Bears extend him so they won't have the money to surround him with as many weapons.
Definitely agree on the second. He also may have been hesitant to run, due to the fact he was in concussion protocol last week. I’d like to see him use his legs more in GB. It’s one of his best traits.
[URL
The bigger point is, Ben Johnson probably isn't here if the Bears don't have Caleb on the roster.
Exactly. I’m not talking about designed runs. I’m talking about scrambling when nothing is open. I think he only did it once, and he picked up positive yards. I’d like to see him scramble more often in GB when nothing is open. He has the ability to do so.I don’t. Running game is just fine and he only needs to run if he gets through his reads and no one is open.
Exactly. I’m not talking about designed runs. I’m talking about scrambling when nothing is open. I think he only did it once, and he picked up positive yards. I’d like to see him scramble more often in GB when nothing is open. He has the ability to do so.
The downside of Bagent is he has below average arm strength. Many of his passes float. He doesn’t have the ability to fit the ball in tight windows. Scrambling, which he can do, is preferable to him trying to fit the ball in tight windows. JMO.My point is, if the QB always has someone open, he doesn’t scramble.
One thing that really impresses me with Bagent is his feel for and toughness in the pocket.
He did that pretty well yesterday.My point is, if the QB always has someone open, he doesn’t scramble.
One thing that really impresses me with Bagent is his feel for and toughness in the pocket.