Bianco’s back for another year!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah I think they were hoping he would retire gracefully this year.
That was probably always wishful thinking. He's only 57 and due to make another 6.5M in the next four years and they thought he'd just walk away? Sure, maybe he would give up some of that money in exchange for dropping the stress and time commitments. But it was always going to cost them a few million dollars to get rid of him this year, and that's for a non-revenue sport more or less and then they'd have to turn around and commit probably another four or five million on a new coach and staff. Probably not a good use of money when they are actually sitting in a good position in football but one that takes a ton of commitment from donors.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
They're hoping he will turn things around like Lemonis has for us. How cool would that be State makes a run and wins the NC and the bears do it next year. :eek:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
That was probably always wishful thinking. He's only 57 and due to make another 6.5M in the next four years and they thought he'd just walk away? Sure, maybe he would give up some of that money in exchange for dropping the stress and time commitments. But it was always going to cost them a few million dollars to get rid of him this year, and that's for a non-revenue sport more or less and then they'd have to turn around and commit probably another four or five million on a new coach and staff. Probably not a good use of money when they are actually sitting in a good position in football but one that takes a ton of commitment from donors.
I never thought he get fired, I thought the "retire" from being the coach and move into an honorary AD position. They could arrange it so his salary didn't change much.