Big time legislation in MS!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Bruh, that ain't a Jones County thing
Ok. It's been awhile, but I always remembered when I would see Jones County tags driving around Hattiesburg or when I would drive through Jones County seeing all of the lowered and customized cars/trucks with neon lights, ground effects, garish paint jobs, olde English metallic lettering, etc. I just assumed this was up their alley.

Studentdawg06

Oct 1, 2023
See them all the time on the coast. I saw one in Ocean Springs yesterday, no way that guy could see out of that thing very well. And they absolutely look awful.
The coast seems to be the Camaro and squatted truck capitol of Mississippi

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Ol Tater Tot is endearing himself to Haley more and more with each passing day...

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
I’ve always thought it was illegal to begin with? It’s just official officially illegal now? Just like those dumbass car salesman who like to ride around with the car lot state issued tags.

Reactions: dorndawg

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009
Oddly enough it's a California thing too. Think they call it the Cali Sag. Can't imagine you can see the road

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ok. It's been awhile, but I always remembered when I would see Jones County tags driving around Hattiesburg or when I would drive through Jones County seeing all of the lowered and customized cars/trucks with neon lights, ground effects, garish paint jobs, olde English metallic lettering, etc. I just assumed this was up their alley.
Those were the low riders. This squat shlt is a new thing.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
America has an interesting car culture because we were the first to embrace cars. California used to have one with working class whites and then Latinos. I've been in Biloxi, when Scraping the Coast and Cruising the Coast were held and I got irritated by all the traffic. But I'd bump into people staying there for these events and they were all pretty friendly. These squatted things just look dumb and ridiculous. Does that get anyone laid? What's the point? Speaking of car culture, this is a funny scene from Breaking Bad:
Hank Schrader:
So, why did the little hair-gel sh*t leave his car? Aye yi yi, Gomey. It's a culture in decline.

Steven Gomez:
It's a rich and vibrant culture.

Hank Schrader:
It's a car that jumps up and down. What the hell, you people used to be conquistadors for Christ sake.

Me: I think I'll pass on and gladly miss out on all the cultural vibrancy by not living in a neighborhood full of people who think squatted vehicles are awesome.

Last edited:

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I will never understand why you make a vehicle unsafe to drive for any reason and think, ain’t it cool. Get this! If you can’t see and you hurt someone or cause an accident it’s too late to do anything about it.

I think Tater is an idiot but these unsafe vehicles should be illegal.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Maybe it will stop some young people from spending their savings on something that will be worthless.
Never saw the need for stuff like this.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Extremely dangerous at night. It is impossible to adjust the headlights low enough, but cops have been letting them ride around like that.

Aug 22, 2012
Suprised that the loud pipes hasn’t come up yet. That’s what’s bad. And rest assured a truck with the **** squat will have the loud pipes to go with it.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
The lifted trucks keep the repair shops and parts stores happy. Most of the dummies only buy half of what they need to lift it properly. Then they scream bloody murder when their 3000 dollar tires wear out in a year.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This tool I half knew in college had a slammed truck, like an s10 or something.
And he had this proudly displayed across the back window...
'Truck too low for any fat ho'

That kid was a bag of dicks.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg
Oct 17, 2023
This idiot that lived in Evans dorm when I was there in 86 had a chevy chevette with centerline racing rims at $250 per tire and Goodyear eagle gatorback Z rated tires which means they were rated for 190 mph at $300 per tire. ON A STOCK CHEVETTE. There have always been idiots doing idiotic stuff to vehicles.

I hate the look of those trucks but how is it any more dangerous than handing the keys of a corvette or mustang gt to a teenager. It was different when i was a kid and had at different times a hopped up camaro, a corvette and a firebird. I did buy all of them myself. I was a responsible driver who never sped. LOL.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If someone is proud that this is part of their "culture", they really need to learn that pride can be a deadly sin.

May 23, 2022
chris mcdaniel, shad white and the east and ovette parts of jones county trash right wing conspiracy idiots that follow them will be trashing "home town" after this.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
That's got to be the stupidest trend since some fool thought putting 22 inch rims on an '88 Buick Regal would make it look cool.