Bolden is terrible

A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Guest
Miami bigs eating him up. Couldn't even get a shot off and was wide open.
 

caneintally

Heisman
Oct 1, 2002
27,455
17,056
0
Like I said when we were recruiting him - He isn't better then Humphries and at least humphries has a mean streak about him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: _Rooster
A

anon_q409idbs5m40a

Guest
He's big but that's about it. Really too slow to play in the ACC. Wouldn't have gotten many minutes here as well.
 

kentucky_wildcat_#1

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2003
33,780
1,041
0
Even though I have never been real impressed with Bolden, I'm sure the kid would play a lot better under Cal. Freshman recruits play with more confidence under Cal. As simple as that might sound to most, it can be very important for freshman bigs/ players in general.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ORCAT

stoneycat_20

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2003
24,212
4,344
0
Like I said when we were recruiting him - He isn't better then Humphries and at least humphries has a mean streak about him.
lmao..he is waaaaaaaay better than Humphires,,not close..Bolden is long and will be a player next year, hump won't...Humphires is 7' and plays like he's 6'5
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZaytovenCat
A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Guest
8 points, 4 rebounds tonight.

Would take him over Hump and Tainin a heartbeat
Bolden scored all his points on wide open putback dunks. He TRIED to shoot and shot an airball layup. Yeah that's right, an airball layup. Hump is much better
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlueRattie_rivals

Susan2361

All-Conference
Apr 22, 2015
1,747
3,247
0
I think a lot of players qho maybe don't look so good would do a lot better under Cal. He just has this way of working with players that seems to get the best out of them
that they are capable of. Just my opinion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: UKCAT5FAN

katwest

Heisman
Feb 16, 2003
40,065
14,172
113
Bolden looks like he has a cycling helmet on, aerodynamic look but slow a foot.
 

ORCAT

Heisman
Jan 6, 2003
24,755
12,163
113
Even though I have never been real impressed with Bolden, I'm sure the kid would play a lot better under Cal. Freshman recruits play with more confidence under Cal. As simple as that might sound to most, it can be very important for freshman bigs/ players in general.

I believe you are right. I think some are underselling Bolden. Coach K, despite what ESPN and other media types say, isn't Cal when it comes to working with the elite young guys. I, too, think Bolden would have been a hell of a player under Cal. Not saying he would be some super star right now but much better than he is at Duke. Cal has the record to back that up, with only a few misses.
 
A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Guest
Nope. Based on talent and the very little I have seen Hump ever do. No idea why some seem to be so enameled with him. Mediocre player at his best. At least with Bolden there could be the chance of talent shining through at some point.
Enameled? I personally am not "enamored' with Hump but I give you the Texas A&M game last year when he had 12 rebounds off the bench as an example why I like him. He has a nose for the ball. Even had a couple of blocks tonight. Bolden doesn't appear to have the same work ethic or at least it he hasn't the games I've seen him play.
 

Jakarii

All-Conference
Jan 29, 2016
4,640
3,048
0
Those who are saying that hump or even Tai are better than him are just extremely biased. I take him over both of them easily Cal would've made him a starter by now putting up eight points and eight rebounds a game
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZaytovenCat

Montana81

Heisman
Aug 12, 2004
82,727
29,410
113
Those who are saying that hump or even Tai are better than him are just extremely biased. I take him over both of them easily Cal would've made him a starter by now putting up eight points and eight rebounds a game

Easily? Ha. No. Neither hump or bolden have looked very good this year. They were both overhyped in the preseason.

Hump is more likely to stick around until he's good enough to help you accomplish something though so I'd take him over Bolden. Bolden is soft, slow and has a crazy, overbearing mother to deal with. Hump hasn't been great this year but at the very least he plays with a mean streak and appears to be a much more fluid athlete than Bolden.

I think it's hilarious that people are labeling this a breakout game for Bolden. Humphries has had several similar games in his career already, including today's game against a better opponent than what Duke was against.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

flacat22

Heisman
Mar 12, 2011
8,552
12,520
113
Bolden scored all his points on wide open putback dunks. He TRIED to shoot and shot an airball layup. Yeah that's right, an airball layup. Hump is much better

For discussions sake how many put back dunks has Hump missed in the last 2-3 games?
 

ZaytovenCat

All-American
Apr 25, 2013
24,121
8,946
97
Pretty sure he meant Bolden at the 5 and Bam at the 4. WG off the bench.

I'd take Bolden everyday and twice on sundays over Hump and Tai. He'd be better by default. Hell I'd take Bolden with two broken legs over Hump.
 

mhap8704

Redshirt
Jul 4, 2016
13
11
0
IMO No way Cal would start Bam & Bolden at the same time, way too limited offensively. I prefer what we have, much more fun to watch & see develop. But if Bolden was here, no way in hell he would start over anybody we have right now especially Bam .
 

Cat Ballou

All-Conference
Mar 23, 2007
5,234
4,502
0
I watched a little of the Duke game, and what I saw for the first time was an energetic Bolden instead of a guy sulking on the bench. I also saw a statement made by Capel that he's playing Bolden over Capel going forward and Bolden responded with a decent performance.

If Bolden keeps it up, who knows - he may work his way back into the draft. Or maybe next game he'll suck - we'll see.

How many times has Willis had a "breakout" game and we thought he'd finally figured it out? A week ago, Briscoe had played several great games in a row and I thought he was going to be our rock going forward - then yesterday he plays the worst game of his career at UK. Two weeks ago, fans were ready to give up on Gabriel, today he's back to being a potential lottery pick.
 

MNantz

Heisman
Dec 20, 2001
9,086
11,921
98
Bolden plays for that fat lying little pig at DOOK I really don't care what he does. I do care how Hump plays because he plays for Kentucky. If you want to follow Bolden the DOOK board is that way
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBUK

G-PIP

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
5,286
5,964
0
If it were an either or situation (which it wasn't), I would be glad UK got SKJ instead of Bolden. Both have some developing to do, but I think SKJ looks to have the more versatile skills and upside. One is strictly a 5, and the other has skills and mobility to play both the 4 and 5.
 

Whatsup

All-American
Feb 15, 2011
8,987
8,085
0
I bet his mama is proud. Oh well, she can always say her boy went to puke.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR KSR Today: One step closer to a Sandstorm
  2. 02 KSR Football Will Stein and Shane Beamer's Relationship Comes Full Circle on Saturday
  3. 03 KSR Football Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
  4. 04 KSR Basketball Recruiting 5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Recruiting Paul Osaruyi takes KSR behind the scenes of his official visit to Kentucky