Bring Out Your Brooms - Alabama Sunday Game

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
This has proven to me that we will have to win the first 2 games in any stage of the post season tourneys in order to advance.......Hoover, Regionals, Supers, CWS, and CWS finals. We can no way afford to take any regional or CWS to a third game in a row. For the most part, we just don't have enough gas in the tank to win that way.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

patdog

May 28, 2007
This has proven to me that we will have to win the first 2 games in any stage of the post season tourneys in order to advance.......Hoover, Regionals, Supers, CWS, and CWS finals. We can no way afford to take any regional or CWS to a third game. For the most part, we just don't have enough gas in the tank to win that way.
There’s no question about that. If we even split 1st two games at any stage, we’re done. Even if we go 2-0 in a regional, getting that 3rd win could get dicey.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This has proven to me that we will have to win the first 2 games in any stage of the post season tourneys in order to advance.......Hoover, Regionals, Supers, CWS, and CWS finals. We can no way afford to take any regional or CWS to a third game in a row. For the most part, we just don't have enough gas in the tank to win that way.
Even if we’re good enough to pull it off, you can guarantee that we are gonna do some dumb shít to work against us.

We have no reason showing any aggression on the basepaths outside of a couple of guys. And even they’ve been hilariously picked off a time or two. This coaching staff will not learn this lesson.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Anyone else having trouble finding the game on the ESPN app? I had it before the weather delay but can’t find it now.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think Nolan should start Sunday's. He can throw strikes at least.
I don’t think it matters too much who we start Sundays. It’s gonna be real inconsistent. I’m a little more baffled at the relievers we used. Almost like we conceded the game when Auger gave up 4 runs.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I don’t think it matters too much who we start Sundays. It’s gonna be real inconsistent. I’m a little more baffled at the relievers we used. Almost like we conceded the game when Auger gave up 4 runs.
And 3 of those runs came from a routine pop fly and a ridiculous Cohen design.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I cringed when I saw the title, dammit. I blame you for this loss.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I'm not the smartest Forrest Gump in the bunch, but I do question the pitching decisions today.
Alabama has started either 6 or 7 LH batters nearly the entire year. State still starts a RH on Friday and a RH on Saturday (Lo is pitching 80 % righty now) and both starters shut them down.
Thecame in hitting right at .300 with 81 HRs. They can hit left handed pitching.

So today, State starts a LH. The umpire wasn't giving him anything close but off the play by a ball width like most umps do. He missed close inside, close outside, close up, close down. Bama against Auger and the first two innings of Cheatham hit a total of two hard hit balls and both were booted. They didn't give Hines and error, but it was. They did give Kohler and error on the one that should have been a DP ball that drove in a run. . But the second time through against Cheatham, they got to him. He lost his control and threw some meat pitches. Nonetheless, my question is why after our 2 Righty starters and Hardin hadn't pitched yet, did we trot him out to keep us in the game? Nope. We give Cheatham thst second trip through their order. Then follow him with another little used lefty, followed by a 4th lefty before bringing in Ligon, who was hit hard, but got the outs. It was just a tough day offensively, pitching, and defensively!

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm not the smartest Forrest Gump in the bunch, but I do question the pitching decisions today.
Alabama has started either 6 or 7 LH batters nearly the entire year. State still starts a RH on Friday and a RH on Saturday (Lo is pitching 80 % righty now) and both starters shut them down.
Thecame in hitting right at .300 with 81 HRs. They can hit left handed pitching.

So today, State starts a LH. The umpire wasn't giving him anything close but off the play by a ball width like most umps do. He missed close inside, close outside, close up, close down. Bama against Auger and the first two innings of Cheatham hit a total of two hard hit balls and both were booted. They didn't give Hines and error, but it was. They did give Kohler and error on the one that should have been a DP ball that drove in a run. . But the second time through against Cheatham, they got to him. He lost his control and threw some meat pitches. Nonetheless, my question is why after our 2 Righty starters and Hardin hadn't pitched yet, did we trot him out to keep us in the game? Nope. We give Cheatham thst second trip through their order. Then follow him with another little used lefty, followed by a 4th lefty before bringing in Ligon, who was hit hard, but got the outs. It was just a tough day offensively, pitching, and defensively!
I don’t question starting Auger. He’s had a couple of good outings in the #3 spot in the rotation. I do question the use of relievers.