Christine McVie- Fleetwood Mac

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Terrible to hear. And just when GM was using their music in their commercials (best commercial on TV at the moment). She was a very good and unique singer.

Reactions: She Mate Me

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
RIP Christine. We saw Fleetwood's last performance as a band in Las Vegas a few ywears ago. Put on a great show for a bunch of old geezers!

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
She was a major badass. I wouldn't go see the band without her in it.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah, that's my favorite of her's.

Hubby's bass and LB's lead is killer in this song. They had so much rhythm.

I think they were divorcing during these recording sessions.
Christy Mcvie told her then-husband John Mcvie (the band's bassist) this song was about their dog. It was in fact about the band's lighting technician.
And yes - Rumours is probably the greatest album ever.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Incredible band. Christine, Stevie, & Lindsay's vocals alone were nothing special, but when they harmonized together......WOW!

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
This one hurts. FM took up literally about 80% of my tunes in college. I used to listen to Tusk when we loaded the bus to go play. My black lab's name is Nicks.

Christine's songs were always a great respite from the Stevie and Lindsey's battle of words.

Hell my wife walked down the aisle to Songbird at our wedding. We lost a great one this week.

RIP Christine

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This one hurts. FM took up literally about 80% of my tunes in college. I used to listen to Tusk when we loaded the bus to go play. My black lab's name is Nicks.

Christine's songs were always a great respite from the Stevie and Lindsey's battle of words.

Hell my wife walked down the aisle to Songbird at our wedding. We lost a great one this week.

RIP Christine

Mark of a truly great band. You have big fans who weren't born when you were putting out your best work.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Fleetwood Mac created some fantastic music in my youth, and she was a big part of it. Stevie Nicks got a lot of attention when it came to their music deservedly so. I saw a couple of docs where they talked about Fleetwood Mac's music itself owed a lot to her love and background in the blues combined with Lyndsy Buckingham's musical style was a unique duo was a massive driving force in the creation of their music itself. They loved to play off each other to help them find something new musically. If you've ever played music, you know what I'm talking about.