Football Cleveland County

crestrulz

Heisman
Oct 18, 2003
33,129
10,639
101
No I don’t….what you said above is exactly what I said. spoke in generalities ….obviously a couple teams might be better….but the normal heavyweights in the western part of NC are down. If you don’t recognize it…..you just aren’t a heavyweight program.
…and we will see about Km.
Watch that video bro. You’ll get educated on how crap works in 2026. Do yourself a favor and don’t watch it with your leather helmet on.

I’ve always liked you on here. I don’t know you personally but we both know that it’s best that we don’t. Just like in life. Two dicks just don’t work in the same space. Read that twice if you need to do so.

Here lately, you’re like Bernie and it’s the weekend. Come back to us my old online friend.

✌️
 

Crestufff

All-Conference
Oct 24, 2009
3,965
2,965
113
And some folks know hype when they hear it. The young mounties, teams that got good in 2 weeks, teams that lose a lot due to injury but aren’t phased somehow.
As usual….mis-regurgitating what I said.
In other words…this year things are wide open.
From week 1 to present ….nobody looks as good as they have the last 4-5 years. I guess crest is better this year than last year. Got it.
Definitely better than weeks 1 and 2, sorry if that upsets you😂
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
Watch that video bro. You’ll get educated on how crap works in 2026. Do yourself a favor and don’t watch it with your leather helmet on.

I’ve always liked you on here. I don’t know you personally but we both know that it’s best that we don’t. Just like in life. Two dicks just don’t work in the same space. Read that twice if you need to do so.

Here lately, you’re like Bernie and it’s the weekend. Come back to us my old online friend.

✌️
lol. I can’t watch too much because the host sounds like mush mouth from the Fat Albert show. I like your DC and he knows what he is talking about.
don’t make me put my boots on and come down there. The ones with the eagles on em. I’ll do it.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
Definitely better than weeks 1 and 2, sorry if that upsets you😂
It doesn’t. I understand teams get better and worse throughout the year. That instance occurred the last 4-5 years for all teams that I referenced, as well. Selective reading is a problem in CC.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
This is how I picture after 830 Dboer.

Your responses sound like Animal (road warriors) doing a promo.
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
610
1,243
93
I’ve watched several SP games this year and the officials are definitely calling chop blocks on South Point more. Almost every game now. I also noticed that one of the Huss defensive linemen went down with a leg injury after a SP running play and that a SP coach and trainer seemed to respond immediately to the injured Huss player like they had seen something.
I do think officials confuse chop blocks which are illegal with cut blocks which are legal within allowed parameters(line of scrimmage). While cut blocks are legal there has to be some type of the spirit of the game with cut blocks or players will be injured. There has to be some restrictions on cut blocks. For example If you trap block and the defensive lineman being trapped does not see the offensive lineman coming from the side to block him, while technically by the rules it’s allowed in high school- that trapping o-lineman should never go for a below the waist block because it’s a dangerous play. The other dangerous block is an offensive lineman lined up to the outside of a defensive lineman and that o-lineman coming from the outside dives at that interior defensive lineman’s knees or below the knee. Again technically it’s legal on the line of scrimmage but it should not be allowed. It’s a dangerous play. SP teach in their scheme to hit the defensive linemen thigh pad which is legal but you have to remember we are dealing with high school kids. There is nothing wrong with that and I believe it is definitely okay when the d-lineman is lined up directly over the o-lineman. These kids are emotional or get confused and when they have a defensive lineman they can’t handle they are going to cut him low which I believe is the major contributor to leg injuries playing against the SP redbone. The officials may be calling this a chop block but I have absolutely no problem with them getting this call technically wrong when offensive linemen are cutting d-linemen from the side who never see that block coming. I watched a defensive lineman for KM last season suffer a nasty leg injury that put him out for almost six weeks because of this. Some things have to be bigger than a win and not injuring kids on a dangerous play should be one of them. This is not an attack on SP but those blocks justifiably deserve scrutiny.
 
Last edited:

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
I’ve watched several SP games this year and the officials are definitely calling chop blocks on South Point more. Almost every game now. I also noticed that one of the Huss defensive linemen went down with a leg injury after a SP running play and that a SP coach and trainer seemed to respond immediately to the injured Huss player like they had seen something.
I do think officials confuse chop blocks which are illegal with cut blocks which are legal within allowed parameters(line of scrimmage). While cut blocks are legal there has to be some type of the spirit of the game with cut blocks or players will be injured. There has to be some restrictions on cut blocks. For example If you trap block and the defensive lineman being trapped does not see the offensive lineman coming from the side to block him, while technically by the rules it’s allowed in high school- that trapping o-lineman should never go for a below the waist block because it’s a dangerous play. The other dangerous block is an offensive lineman lined up to the outside of an offensive lineman and that o-lineman coming from the outside dives at that interior defensive lineman’s knees or below the knee. Again technically it’s legal on the line of scrimmage but it should not be allowed. It’s a dangerous play. SP teach in their scheme to hit the defensive linemen thigh pad which is legal but you have to remember we are dealing with high school kids. There is nothing wrong with that and I believe it is definitely okay when the d-lineman is lined up directly over the o-lineman. These kids are emotional or get confused and when they have a defensive lineman they can’t handle they are going to cut him low which I believe is the major contributor to leg injuries playing against the SP redbone. The officials may be calling this a chop block but I have absolutely no problem with them getting this call technically wrong when offensive linemen are cutting d-linemen from the side who never see that block coming. I watched a defensive lineman for KM last season suffer a nasty leg injury that put him out for almost six weeks because of this. Some things have to be bigger than a win and not injuring kids on a dangerous play should be one of them. This is not an attack on SP but those blocks justifiably deserve scrutiny.
It is an attack on SP, obviously. So y’all are fruits and want to make football totally flag now?
Noted.
learn how to play low how you are supposed to. Recruit less, teach more.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
While you are at it- maybe consult the officials about how deep your G, T get on counters and tres. Half the time they’re in the backfield….and if you gained a 2 ft advantage because you chose to play the 280 over instead of the 210 lb OL that might mean our DE has a better chance at getting a concussion….and it’s not an attack on all you guys running pin and pulls and wraps, but….yada, yada, yada.
the doctors and soccer fans won. Probably like all these Russian and Chinese spies in America, they sent in anti-football spies to erode the sport from the inside out.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: beamer24

BurnsBulldog02

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2016
1,258
2,383
97
I’ve watched several SP games this year and the officials are definitely calling chop blocks on South Point more. Almost every game now. I also noticed that one of the Huss defensive linemen went down with a leg injury after a SP running play and that a SP coach and trainer seemed to respond immediately to the injured Huss player like they had seen something.
I do think officials confuse chop blocks which are illegal with cut blocks which are legal within allowed parameters(line of scrimmage). While cut blocks are legal there has to be some type of the spirit of the game with cut blocks or players will be injured. There has to be some restrictions on cut blocks. For example If you trap block and the defensive lineman being trapped does not see the offensive lineman coming from the side to block him, while technically by the rules it’s allowed in high school- that trapping o-lineman should never go for a below the waist block because it’s a dangerous play. The other dangerous block is an offensive lineman lined up to the outside of a defensive lineman and that o-lineman coming from the outside dives at that interior defensive lineman’s knees or below the knee. Again technically it’s legal on the line of scrimmage but it should not be allowed. It’s a dangerous play. SP teach in their scheme to hit the defensive linemen thigh pad which is legal but you have to remember we are dealing with high school kids. There is nothing wrong with that and I believe it is definitely okay when the d-lineman is lined up directly over the o-lineman. These kids are emotional or get confused and when they have a defensive lineman they can’t handle they are going to cut him low which I believe is the major contributor to leg injuries playing against the SP redbone. The officials may be calling this a chop block but I have absolutely no problem with them getting this call technically wrong when offensive linemen are cutting d-linemen from the side who never see that block coming. I watched a defensive lineman for KM last season suffer a nasty leg injury that put him out for almost six weeks because of this. Some things have to be bigger than a win and not injuring kids on a dangerous play should be one of them. This is not an attack on SP but those blocks justifiably deserve scrutiny.
If I am not mistaken, Scott Young had West Rowan line up off the ball a little more to eliminate the use of cut blocks and force it to be a chop years ago. I think SP still won a close game but may be wrong. It definitely created more penalties early in the game but with the Red Bone it is hard to give them anything extra. I liked the creativity though.
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,502
8,171
113
If I am not mistaken, Scott Young had West Rowan line up off the ball a little more to eliminate the use of cut blocks and force it to be a chop years ago. I think SP still won a close game but may be wrong. It definitely created more penalties early in the game but with the Red Bone it is hard to give them anything extra. I liked the creativity though.
West Rowan blew them out in 2010.
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,502
8,171
113
I’ve watched several SP games this year and the officials are definitely calling chop blocks on South Point more. Almost every game now. I also noticed that one of the Huss defensive linemen went down with a leg injury after a SP running play and that a SP coach and trainer seemed to respond immediately to the injured Huss player like they had seen something.
I do think officials confuse chop blocks which are illegal with cut blocks which are legal within allowed parameters(line of scrimmage). While cut blocks are legal there has to be some type of the spirit of the game with cut blocks or players will be injured. There has to be some restrictions on cut blocks. For example If you trap block and the defensive lineman being trapped does not see the offensive lineman coming from the side to block him, while technically by the rules it’s allowed in high school- that trapping o-lineman should never go for a below the waist block because it’s a dangerous play. The other dangerous block is an offensive lineman lined up to the outside of a defensive lineman and that o-lineman coming from the outside dives at that interior defensive lineman’s knees or below the knee. Again technically it’s legal on the line of scrimmage but it should not be allowed. It’s a dangerous play. SP teach in their scheme to hit the defensive linemen thigh pad which is legal but you have to remember we are dealing with high school kids. There is nothing wrong with that and I believe it is definitely okay when the d-lineman is lined up directly over the o-lineman. These kids are emotional or get confused and when they have a defensive lineman they can’t handle they are going to cut him low which I believe is the major contributor to leg injuries playing against the SP redbone. The officials may be calling this a chop block but I have absolutely no problem with them getting this call technically wrong when offensive linemen are cutting d-linemen from the side who never see that block coming. I watched a defensive lineman for KM last season suffer a nasty leg injury that put him out for almost six weeks because of this. Some things have to be bigger than a win and not injuring kids on a dangerous play should be one of them. This is not an attack on SP but those blocks justifiably deserve scrutiny.
When I coached peewee I knew there were some kids we couldn't block unless we cut them. I decided we wasn't going to blow a kids knee out cause we couldn't block them. I did teach a crab block which looked retarded but did slow them down.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
When I coached peewee I knew there were some kids we couldn't block unless we cut them. I decided we wasn't going to blow a kids knee out cause we couldn't block them. I did teach a crab block which looked retarded but did slow them down.
“ Players”with blown out knees are only those standing straight legged and standing up in a football game. Maybe they just shouldn’t be playing a man’s game? More fantasy and speculative talk. I guess people in the 60-70s just had tougher knees?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stormsurge1

Realville

Senior
Sep 13, 2017
463
528
73
No I don’t….what you said above is exactly what I said. spoke in generalities ….obviously a couple teams might be better….but the normal heavyweights in the western part of NC are down. If you don’t recognize it…..you just aren’t a heavyweight program.
…and we will see about Km.
Shelby's defense is better than last years at least up front. Our offense isn't as we don't have a 6'5" 240 pound monster who could throw it and run it and a 3 years starter playing QB this year. The sophomore has done well so far this year and been a very pleasant surprise. So I don't think Shelby has dropped off this year. Kings Mountain if they can close out the 2nd half of the year will certainly be better than they were last year. I don't see Crest beating them 70-0 this year. Crest defense is better than last year and like Shelby they lost a huge piece on the offensive side in losing Hamrick at QB. Burns I haven't seen yet this year so I can't comment about them. Go see these teams in person and then judge them.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
Shelby's defense is better than last years at least up front. Our offense isn't as we don't have a 6'5" 240 pound monster who could throw it and run it and a 3 years starter playing QB this year. The sophomore has done well so far this year and been a very pleasant surprise. So I don't think Shelby has dropped off this year. Kings Mountain if they can close out the 2nd half of the year will certainly be better than they were last year. I don't see Crest beating them 70-0 this year. Crest defense is better than last year and like Shelby they lost a huge piece on the offensive side in losing Hamrick at QB. Burns I haven't seen yet this year so I can't comment about them. Go see these teams in person and then judge them.
I appreciate your well thought out and rational judgement. I have seen both in person.
it would be hard to be worse on defense from last year for Shelby ….and I will take your word that they’re better.
Crest nowhere near as good in any phase other than kicking.
Burns may be near the same ….maybe slightly better? Jury still out to me….considering the Lincolnton circumstances. Also- I know they didn’t lose a lot of senior contributors…but they lost a few crucial ones. People just don’t walk into those spots better typically.
km- I think they’re similar….MAYbe better by year end. They don’t have as many upper class pieces as last year. They had a lot of talent last year….just played a tough schedule, got beat up and downtrodden and grinded to a halt by years end. It happens when you play in that conference.
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,502
8,171
113
Yes they did. Maybe hibriten should’ve tried that like so many others have. That one time it did work….but was really more about a state champ /best team in program history whipping SP. A better football team won.
We lost to West Rowan by 6 that year.
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,502
8,171
113
“ Players”with blown out knees are only those standing straight legged and standing up in a football game. Maybe they just shouldn’t be playing a man’s game? More fantasy and speculative talk. I guess people in the 60-70s just had tougher knees?
Most peewee lineman stand straight up. I got no issue with it in high school. Just trying to add to the conversation.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
That dude knows everything. And NOTHING at the same
I love how my opinion plus some absolute 100% facts is me being a know it all.

Opinion: western nc football all classes down this year.
Facts: crest holds a lifetime losing record vs. SP in football.
With all the fluffing & reach around help to each other on here …somebody calling it straight isn’t too welcome. Well….i’m not a butt kisser and that ain’t changing.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,327
1,160
113
Dang Rulz created them a Gaston county thread and Deboer still finds time to infest us with his football now it all'ness

Maybe we should start a Deboer thread so he can talk to himself about how bad Cleveland County is this year... LOL
I will take my talents elsewhere….and let you open mouth breathers occupy this space so the real estate dulls quickly.
 

Chopper747_2.0

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2025
758
1,014
93
I appreciate your well thought out and rational judgement. I have seen both in person.
it would be hard to be worse on defense from last year for Shelby ….and I will take your word that they’re better.
Crest nowhere near as good in any phase other than kicking.
Burns may be near the same ….maybe slightly better? Jury still out to me….considering the Lincolnton circumstances. Also- I know they didn’t lose a lot of senior contributors…but they lost a few crucial ones. People just don’t walk into those spots better typically.
km- I think they’re similar….MAYbe better by year end. They don’t have as many upper class pieces as last year. They had a lot of talent last year….just played a tough schedule, got beat up and downtrodden and grinded to a halt by years end. It happens when you play in that conference.
:ROFLMAO:
 

crestrulz

Heisman
Oct 18, 2003
33,129
10,639
101
I love how my opinion plus some absolute 100% facts is me being a know it all.

Opinion: western nc football all classes down this year.
Facts: crest holds a lifetime losing record vs. SP in football.
With all the fluffing & reach around help to each other on here …somebody calling it straight isn’t too welcome. Well….i’m not a butt kisser and that ain’t changing.
I admitted we’re not as good as last year a few posts back.

now you’re bloviating.

you don’t got to leave. Just relax.
 

SHS LION

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2007
6,033
4,502
113
I love how my opinion plus some absolute 100% facts is me being a know it all.

Opinion: western nc football all classes down this year.
Facts: crest holds a lifetime losing record vs. SP in football.
With all the fluffing & reach around help to each other on here …somebody calling it straight isn’t too welcome. Well….i’m not a butt kisser and that ain’t changing.
Have you checked the Shelby vs South Point record?
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5