Comic book NERRRRDS. Anyone else watch Xmen97 on Disney+?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm up to episode 8. I'm waiting for my son to get back so I can finish it. I've loved everything I've seen so far. I was a really big fan of the original show and my son (14) went back and started watching the original series too. He (and my wife for that matter) was surprised at how dark and serious a Saturday morning cartoon show was.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It was perfection. The nightcrawler / wolverine team up was amazing. The Genosha episode was a complete punch in the gut. The entire 3 episodes that made up the finale were about as close to perfect as you can get. Loved every minute of it.

ETA: truest statement ever spoken: Magneto was right

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Meanwhile, Transformers: The Movie is in select theaters this weekend for the 40th anniversary.
Likely taking my youngest for a showing.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Oh No Smh GIF by The Voice

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I’m really not sure they could have done it any better. Really hit it home on alot of storylines over the years from Xmen comics.

So many cameos too.
I have not, but mainly because a) I have no time, and b) I didn't watch the original. Is the original required viewing?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I have not, but mainly because a) I have no time, and b) I didn't watch the original. Is the original required viewing?
Ehh sort of but I think you could figure it out pretty quick without watching the original. I do know that there’s a list I think in an article they did with the original writers and creators that gives a list of episodes from the original series that you can watch to know what’s going on and be up to speed and it’s only a handful episodes.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I’m really not sure they could have done it any better. Really hit it home on alot of storylines over the years from Xmen comics.

So many cameos too.
Hell yeah. It's great. And I was already married with a kid on the way in 1997. That mid90s XMen theme song was FIRE.

Reactions: HailStout