Costco

Baddmann

Freshman
Sep 20, 2015
431
66
28
Kirkland “7yr” premium small batch is pretty good. Since it’s bottled at 103 proof, it has a little alcohol burn. I would suggest it’s best for cocktails and not neat. Rumor is it is produced by Jim Beam for Costco.
 
Nov 29, 2017
835
330
63
Kirkland “7yr” premium small batch is pretty good. Since it’s bottled at 103 proof, it has a little alcohol burn. I would suggest it’s best for cocktails and not neat. Rumor is it is produced by Jim Beam for Costco.

I’ll check it out. Appreciate you.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,525
27,499
113
Kirkland “7yr” premium small batch is pretty good. Since it’s bottled at 103 proof, it has a little alcohol burn. I would suggest it’s best for cocktails and not neat. Rumor is it is produced by Jim Beam for Costco.

103 proof????
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
Kirkland “7yr” premium small batch is pretty good. Since it’s bottled at 103 proof, it has a little alcohol burn. I would suggest it’s best for cocktails and not neat. Rumor is it is produced by Jim Beam for Costco.

I happened across an article a few weeks ago. It was produced by Beam, but is now produced by Dickel. I'm not sure if it is going through the charcoal mellowing that Dickel and Jack go through to make them Tennessee Whiskies or if it skips that step. Never tried it and I don't think costco sells liquor in my state.
 

Baddmann

Freshman
Sep 20, 2015
431
66
28
103 proof????

Yep. 103 (51.5%bv)

I bought several of the Kirkland liquors to try when they opened in Ridgeland.

7 yr Bourbon: pretty good, probably better for cocktails - $20 for fifth

Tequila 100% agave silver: Not good. Has a smell that I couldn’t get past. Not even good for a margarita. Could not give it away. Finally poured it out. - -$24 for 1.75

Gin: Still on the fence. A little bright for me... Almost a mint flavor? (Not my favorite for a Gin and Tonic)

Vodka: Both the American and French are good. Folks on the internet claim the French is really private label Grey Goose. (Not sure I agree with that, however I would say it is 90% close to being goose.) With that in mind, for $20ish for a 1.75 it is a great value. We call it “Cos-Goose” - compliments of Wendall... - American is $14 and French is $20ish for a 1.75

On another note:
Sam's club American Vodka is still our favorite for bargain Vodka. $14.99 for a 1.75. We call it "Wal-Goose" LOL

No membership/card required to buy liquor at Costco or Sam's Club in Mississippi. Both are in Madison/Ridgeland area.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment