D1 bracket projection 5/15

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So quick glance and someone correct me if Im wrong

baseball America and d1 baseball agree on 15 of the 16 hosts… don’t care about seeds

d1 baseball has us getting the spot, baseball america has ucsb.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
D1 is legit. Far more credibility and ears to the ground than Baseball America. This may be an unpopular opinion, but honestly, I want another shot at those MFers. After the Van Horn BS speech, it fired me up.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
So quick glance and someone correct me if Im wrong

baseball America and d1 baseball agree on 15 of the 16 hosts… don’t care about seeds

d1 baseball has us getting the spot, baseball america has ucsb.
Appears to be correct.

I know you said you don’t care about seeds but us being #14 in one projection and not hosting in the other tells me we sure as heck need to sweep this weekend.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Appears to be correct.

I know you said you don’t care about seeds but us being #14 in one projection and not hosting in the other tells me we sure as heck need to sweep this weekend.
And the fact both have Oklahoma solidly in, is huge.

means one less bubble spot around that rpi bubble. Some may have thought we were in competition with them for a spot and we clearly aren’t. The are a clear step above us

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

means one less bubble spot around that rpi bubble. Some may have thought we were in competition with them for a spot and we clearly aren’t. The are a clear step above us

Oklahoma has three road series sweeps that I'm sure are helping them quite a bit. They've been good on the road. If they are again at Cincy, they're likely a lock to host.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Oklahoma has three road series sweeps that I'm sure are helping them quite a bit. They've been good on the road. If they are again at Cincy, they're likely a lock to host.
They are a lock to host if they don’t get swept. again Most thought they were on the same bubble as we are. They clearly aren’t.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Justification for State at #14:

18-12 "no question"
17-13 "compelling argument"

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Oklahoma or Oklahoma State? OU is a borderline Top 8 and most seem to agree with that. OK State is the one on the hosting bubble.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Oklahoma or Oklahoma State? OU is a borderline Top 8 and most seem to agree with that. OK State is the one on the hosting bubble.
Yes. But a lot of people think ou was on that same bubble, being their rpi is also everything was close to ours.

I kinda see it the same way. 14 teams solidly in. 2-4 squarely on the bubble. 2-4 more that could wreck the bubble with big weekends

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yes. But a lot of people think ou was on that same bubble, being their rpi is also everything was close to ours.

I kinda see it the same way. 14 teams solidly in. 2-4 squarely on the bubble. 2-4 more that could wreck the bubble with big weekends
Yeah I think OU is safely in as a host given that they ran away with the Big 12. Already clinched the outright championship with a weekend still to play.

I personally think it’s more like 11 teams solidly in right now. 5 SEC + 4 ACC + Oklahoma + Indiana State. I think everyone after that is in must win mode this weekend or they could be in trouble.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah I think OU is safely in as a host given that they ran away with the Big 12. Already clinched the outright championship with a weekend still to play.

I personally think it’s more like 11 teams solidly in right now. 5 SEC + 4 ACC + Oklahoma + Indiana State. I think everyone after that is in must win mode this weekend or they could be in trouble.
Agree

however both ecu and Virginia are at home to bad teams. 2 of 3 would lock both in... and maybe just 1 for both.

also think it’s a lock that either Oregon state or arizona gets a host spot out west Being the pac 12 champs.

thats my 14