D1 Rankings this week...

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
LOL the ACC may not get the "love" in football they deserve but they damn sure get it in baseball and then some **

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
LOL the ACC may not get the "love" in football they deserve but they damn sure get it in baseball and then some **
The craziest thing about ACC baseball is their lack of CWS Titles.
Virginia won in 2015. That was the league's 1st title since Wake Forest in 1955!
One title in nearly 70 years for a conference with that many good programs is insane.

• Wow
Reactions: eckie1

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
We have definitely improved over the last two years. We have a chance to trips our SEC wins over last year. I complain as much as anyone especially on the opportunities we have let slip away in SEC play this year (I can immediately think of 5 games). Again, we have improved. But we all know how difficult college baseball is; it's really about getting hot at the right time.
It's still hard to believe we have a National Championship; I have to pinch myself at times.....let's be honest, many of us thought we would never see it in our lifetime. However, we are maroon blooded Americans and once you've tasted the ultimate success, and taken home that trophy, you want it again, even more. Whether we host, or exit in the regional, supers, or even the CWS final, let's be honest, we will not be completely satisfied. And that's a good thing...because we have tasted that ultimate success. But I'm glad to be along for the ride and hope to see another title. Hail State!

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That Georgia series win was big. And we were really close to a sweep if certain events hadn't transpired.

bba420c9-24f4-4d5c-a2a5-e2288182badb_text.gif

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
the opportunities we have let slip away in SEC play this year (I can immediately think of 5 games).

One thing I never hear anyone mention in regards to this season: We are doing this without our best pitcher and Friday night ace being available during the conference portion of the season (I think Dohm has thrown 12 total pitches in SEC play). Stephens has stepped up and been great, but if Nate Dohm had stayed healthy then that eats up another 6-8 innings every Friday and that trickles down thru our bullpen for the entire weekend. We've been short a few innings of solid relief pitching in numerous SEC series. Having Dohm would have made an immense difference. We'd essentially have 2 Friday night aces followed by Loo on Sundays. We would have won several more series.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
we are a good team but we are not good enough to not do the little things well

we have seen that all season

patdog

May 28, 2007
One thing I never hear anyone mention in regards to this season: We are doing this without our best pitcher and Friday night ace being available during the conference portion of the season (I think Dohm has thrown 12 total pitches in SEC play). Stephens has stepped up and been great, but if Nate Dohm had stayed healthy then that eats up another 6-8 innings every Friday and that trickles down thru our bullpen for the entire weekend. We've been short a few innings of solid relief pitching in numerous SEC series. Having Dohm would have made an immense difference. We'd essentially have 2 Friday night aces followed by Loo on Sundays. We would have won several more series.
If you're not missing at least one key pitcher for the entire season, you're the exception these days. Many are missing at least two. Sucks for Dohm. But odds are we'll be missing another key pitcher next year. And the next.