Decamerion Richardson selected by

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
the Raiders in the 4th round.
Las Vegas Raiders Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We should have kept McBath. He is a good coach and recruiter. I think he still may be living in Starkville.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Funny. Considering him and Nabors, apparently Mike Leach knew how to evaluate talent.

Weird.
I don’t think Leach gets too much credit for “evaluating” Nabors. He was a 4* / 94 rated Top 150 player nationally coming out of high school (by 247). Everybody knew he was elite.

Probably doesn’t get much credit for D-Cam, either….that would have been the defensive staff primarily on that eval.

Now, none of that is a slight to Leach or saying he COULDN’T evaluate talent. I certainly agree that he could, specifically at WR, QB, and OL he could use for his system. I just don’t think those 2 players above are very good examples of that ability.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t think Leach gets too much credit for “evaluating” Nabors. He was a 4* / 94 rated Top 150 player nationally coming out of high school (by 247). Everybody knew he was elite.

Probably doesn’t get much credit for D-Cam, either….that would have been the defensive staff primarily on that eval.

Now, none of that is a slight to Leach or saying he COULDN’T evaluate talent. I certainly agree that he could, specifically at WR, QB, and OL he could use for his system. I just don’t think those 2 players above are very good examples of that ability.
LSU didn’t even offer him until signing day. He was the typical overlooked 3/4 star.