Did we ever get an understanding re: the camo hats?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean I’m not the biggest fan either but I think our Friday night record in them is strong.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Unpopular opinion: In all instances of collegiate athletics (other than service academies) where teams wear camo to "honor the military" it feels completely self-serving and for show.

I mean.. how does it "honor the military" to have a bunch of 18-22 year old beautiful, pampered and entitled college students who are being given every advantage in life wear the colors of other 18-22 year old citizens who are sleeping on the ground, dodging bullets and putting their lives at risk?

Honestly, it feels like we're doing the Bears appreciation chant:

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Unpopular opinion: In all instances of collegiate athletics (other than service academies) where teams wear camo to "honor the military" it feels completely self-serving and for show.

I mean.. how does it "honor the military" to have a bunch of 18-22 year old beautiful, pampered and entitled college students who are being given every advantage in life wear the colors of other 18-22 year old citizens who are sleeping on the ground, dodging bullets and putting their lives at risk?

Honestly, it feels like we're doing the Bears appreciation chant:

Camo is for soldiers and hunters. We can honor troops at sporting events while leaving the camo to them. It's fine.