Do you trust

bigsmoothie

All-American
Sep 7, 2004
11,161
8,851
0
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
So far the season has not lived up to the hype. But I’ll never give up on a season especially in December.
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
 

yoshukai

Heisman
Dec 21, 2002
30,274
43,168
102
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?
I have always thought and still do that, it will be a different AD that makes the next Basketball HC hire . I think Barnhart will retire before Calipari leaves .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

MdWIldcat55

Heisman
Dec 9, 2007
21,635
87,239
113
A guy who would name Joker Phillips "Head Coach in Waiting," eliminating any chance to make a competent - never mind dazzling - pick at that point, then decide Billy Clyde Gillispie was the best possible choice to helm the Greatest College Basketball Program of All TIme?

What could anyone possibly be worried about?
 

RoyKent

Heisman
Feb 3, 2015
23,029
33,358
66
Mitch won't be making the next decision. He won't be here when Cal leaves. You will hear sooner rather than later that Mitch plans to retire in the next year or two. I don't think he is AD when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yoshukai

yoshukai

Heisman
Dec 21, 2002
30,274
43,168
102
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
Part of this true but , it certainly wasn’t just the “haters” hyping this team . They were preseason top 5 in every poll I saw . Ranked 1or2 in most.
 

SDcatfan13

All-Conference
Sep 26, 2003
50,498
4,439
113
I have always thought and still do that, it will be a different AD that makes the next Basketball HC hire . I think Barnhart will retire before Calipari leaves .
I think the same thing. I think if Barnhart is still AD, he'll have some input, but there'd be others (influential boosters, former players, etc.) who have a lot of day.

Think with new era of NIL and Barnhart being close to retirement age too, there's a good chance he isn't around in a couple years.
 

dcw62

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2005
1,495
2,345
0
I know when Billy G left, there were a few select people involved in the coaching search as what I've heard (including Mike Pratt RIP).Hopefully, that same process will take place as opposed to the knee jerk reaction when hiring Gillespie.
 

LadyCaytIL

Heisman
Oct 28, 2012
33,020
34,633
113
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
just want to remind everyone this dump truck of stupidity admitted he wanted BCG to remain our coach even while he was being chased down the hall way by Cutler.
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
Wow… haters pushing hype? Lmao you mean fans wanting their team to do good.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Part of this true but , it certainly wasn’t just the “haters” hyping this team . They were preseason top 5 in every poll I saw . Ranked 1or2 in most.
Good point. You know how much confidence I personally don’t have in the talking heads. It’s the same problem with the player ranking services. They simply cannot distinguish between the college and NBA game. Our fans lap up this drivel enthusiastically. Personally I never watch ESPN, laugh at preseason rankings and completely ignore player rankings. These are nothing but cyber sports tourist traps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gojvc and yoshukai

CROCAT

All-Conference
Nov 20, 2018
987
4,525
0
Wow… haters pushing hype? Lmao you mean fans wanting their team to do good.
Dumb and Dumber (Ed & Bass) trying to condition real UK fans to accept mediocrity, first-weekend exits and 10+ losses every other season. Sorry folks, but this ain't Indiana and never will be, no matter how hard your idol Cow tries to recreate it here with his spectacular lack of any coaching ability whatsoever. He'll be gone soon & you two and the rest of the Cow Cult are free to follow him...
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
We used to have well informed fans. Now we have a growing contingent of zombie fans that slaver over ESPNs every word.
Is it the fans fault that we are 4-13 vs top 25 teams in the last 17 ball games?

Is it the fans fault that counting this year and the last 5 years that we have a record of 1-5 in the champions classic?

Was it the fans fault that we lost to St Peters last year?

The “used” to that you are referring to is Cal used to do a good job coaching our program. Can’t say that lately.
 

SemperFiCat

Heisman
Mar 2, 2009
14,566
30,005
0
I wouldn't say I absolutely don't. But I don't have much faith in him after the lifetime contract. That alone makes me question his judgment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ksrbluesbrother

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Dumb and Dumber (Ed & Bass) trying to condition real UK fans to accept mediocrity, first-weekend exits and 10+ losses every other season. Sorry folks, but this ain't Indiana and never will be, no matter how hard your idol Cow tries to recreate it here with his spectacular lack of any coaching ability whatsoever. He'll be gone soon & you two and the rest of the Cow Cult are free to follow him...
How many years have we had first round exits? I mean ignoring the fact that nearly the entire guard contingent was injured and our 15 seed opponent went to the elite 8. How many years.

Welcome to the world of misinformation and cherry picked stats.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gojvc

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
How many years have we had first round exits? I mean ignoring the fact that nearly the entire guard contingent was injured and our 15 seed opponent went to the elite 8. How many years.

Welcome to the world of misinformation and cherry picked stats.
You’re really going to make an excuse for that St. Peter’s loss? Hahahahaha wow.
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
Dumb and Dumber (Ed & Bass) trying to condition real UK fans to accept mediocrity, first-weekend exits and 10+ losses every other season. Sorry folks, but this ain't Indiana and never will be, no matter how hard your idol Cow tries to recreate it here with his spectacular lack of any coaching ability whatsoever. He'll be gone soon & you two and the rest of the Cow Cult are free to follow him...
I don’t understand how a real Kentucky fan can be supportive of what’s going on with our program right now.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Is it the fans fault that we are 4-13 vs top 25 teams in the last 17 ball games?

Is it the fans fault that counting this year and the last 5 years that we have a record of 1-5 in the champions classic?

Was it the fans fault that we lost to St Peters last year?

The “used” to that you are referring to is Cal used to do a good job coaching our program. Can’t say that lately.
Funny how you guys can’t look at the entire body of work and have to grub crap out of the mud to make a case.

Guess what. The people that have to make the business case for the path forward for Uk basketball don’t sit in the crap you throw.
 

bigsmoothie

All-American
Sep 7, 2004
11,161
8,851
0
I don’t understand how a real Kentucky fan can be supportive of what’s going on with our program right now.
I don’t understand how real fans can’t support them. You never give up on a team. Never. How hard is that to understand. Hell there is a poster asking if it’s ok to lose to Louisville to get Cal out. That’s just nuts. If you agree with that you are no fan.
 

CROCAT

All-Conference
Nov 20, 2018
987
4,525
0
How many years have we had first round exits? I mean ignoring the fact that nearly the entire guard contingent was injured and our 15 seed opponent went to the elite 8. How many years.

Welcome to the world of misinformation and cherry picked stats.
We didn't have first round exits in 2013 and in 2021, that's certain: Your idol made sure of that by missing the NCAA tournament completely.

Tubby Smith got canned for much less (deservedly), what's the holdup here?
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
We didn't have first round exits in 2013 and in 2021, that's certain: Your idol made sure of that by missing the NCAA tournament completely.

Tubby Smith got canned for much less (deservedly), what's the holdup here?
What idol? When did Tubby get canned at UK? You lead with nonsense. Or are you one of the flat earthers that think Tubby got canned?
 

kyjeff1

Heisman
Sep 8, 2012
51,594
72,703
113
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?
I wouldn't trust Mitch to change out a roll of toilet paper, so… no.
 

CHAMPCAT11

All-American
Jun 16, 2009
10,001
7,566
0
Funny how you guys can’t look at the entire body of work and have to grub crap out of the mud to make a case.

Guess what. The people that have to make the business case for the path forward for Uk basketball don’t sit in the crap you throw.
You and Eddie HAVE to be the same person. There can’t be TWO humans on this earth as dumb as you two clowns.
 

HagginHall1999

Heisman
Oct 19, 2018
16,223
28,827
113
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?

No
 
  • Like
Reactions: bigsmoothie

know1

Heisman
Dec 8, 2002
12,855
14,925
0
I already answered, but I have a lot more confidence that Mitch will do a better job of hiring his replacement than Cal will if he's allowed to continue running the program.
 

HagginHall1999

Heisman
Oct 19, 2018
16,223
28,827
113
I don’t understand how real fans can’t support them. You never give up on a team. Never. How hard is that to understand. Hell there is a poster asking if it’s ok to lose to Louisville to get Cal out. That’s just nuts. If you agree with that you are no fan.

I'm supporting them, but I have hardly any faith in Cal anymore. The sample size of late is just too high and too bad. He is trying to fit square pegs in a round hole and doesn't have the type of players he needs to win the way he wants to play.

I thought he was going to change some stuff but he isn't. He just expects CJ to take his guy off the dribble, back step and bucket....he isn't Tyler Herro.

He has to run sets for these guys.
 
Last edited:

Jimerussell

Senior
Nov 5, 2022
222
572
0
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
So, you're saying the losses and poor coaching is the fan's fault? Fan shortcomings are the reason we can't beat a Power 5 team?
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
I don’t understand how real fans can’t support them. You never give up on a team. Never. How hard is that to understand. Hell there is a poster asking if it’s ok to lose to Louisville to get Cal out. That’s just nuts. If you agree with that you are no fan.
I didn’t say I’m not supporting the players. Nice try troll. I haven’t once said anything bad about a single player on this team. That’s like the bs you started yesterday saying I had another account. I don’t care if you are a sock account for a mod or a friend of one. You’re not going to manipulate my posts into your weird Cal loving agenda.
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
I'm supporting them, but I have hardly any faith in Cal anymore. The sample size of late is just too high and too bad. He is trying to fit square pegs in a round hole and doesn't have the type of players he needs to win the way he wants to play.

I thought he was going to change some stuff but he isn't. He just expects CJ to take his guy off the dribble, back step and bucket....he isn't Tyler Herro.
I still support the players. It’s not their fault that Cal is putting them in positions to fail. I don’t support what Cal is doing to our program. Ed knows what I meant. I’ve told him before that I never say anything or support saying anything bad about a player on our team
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Kentucky is bringing back the chrome domes at South Carolina
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Sources Say talks injuries, roster and staff updates, Big Blue Madness and MORE from UK Media Day!
  3. 03 KSR Podcasts 11 Personnel: Kentucky Swing Game at South Carolina
  4. 04 KSR Football Why Will Stein tries to keep his emotions in check on Saturdays
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Florida's Denzel Aberdeen is eligible to play a fifth season of college basketball