Do you trust

bigsmoothie

All-American
Sep 7, 2004
11,161
8,851
0
I didn’t say I’m not supporting the players. Nice try troll. I haven’t once said anything bad about a single player on this team. That’s like the bs you started yesterday saying I had another account. I don’t care if you are a sock account for a mod or a friend of one. You’re not going to manipulate my posts into your weird Cal loving agenda.
The players are the program.
 

docholiday51

Heisman
Oct 19, 2001
22,011
26,718
0
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?
Honestly no, his track record isn't good. If not for Mike Pratt Cal wouldn't have come here, that worked out well for a time. Something has happened with Cal over the past few years, he is no longer good for the program.

I was skeptical of the Cal hire mainly because of previous recruiting issues and running afoul of the NCAA. In addition his model of OAD seemed to be to high risk for my liking. He proved the first one wrong and has continued to do so. The second concern he was able to avert problems longer than I thought possible.

It is time for Cal to move on because he has stopped putting a quality product on the floor and he seems more interested in dancing around basketball issues than fixing the problems or changing his approach in any way.

Because of Cal UK is not the prized job it once was, we will have to find someone to rebuild and that will not be easy but it is the best alternative. we could well end up in the same boat as UL if we aren't careful. I have little faith in the administration but even less faith in Cal so the sooner we pull the trigger the better.
 

HagginHall1999

Heisman
Oct 19, 2018
16,223
28,827
113
I still support the players. It’s not their fault that Cal is putting them in positions to fail. I don’t support what Cal is doing to our program. Ed knows what I meant. I’ve told him before that I never say anything or support saying anything bad about a player on our team

It is frustrating man because I know Calipari is capable of doing it. He is hell bent on proving everyone wrong now. It isn't a good thing right now, not at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
So, you're saying the losses and poor coaching is the fan's fault? Fan shortcomings are the reason we can't beat a Power 5 team?
No, I’m saying the haters were responsible for the unreasonable hype for the most part. Normal fans don’t engage in such nonsense.

It’s like may saying, oh man, you are a super golfer. I bet best in the PGA this year. Wow! What a golfer. Wait you didn’t win all four majors this year? Jeez your coach sucks.
 

SweetBabyJesus

Redshirt
Jul 12, 2021
38
37
18
Whomever they do choose to be the successor needs to have a track record of being able to adapt and win with multiple strategies year to year. When the offensive game evolves you must be able to identify that and make adjustments to put the team in the best position to succeed. Same goes with personel changes that happen year to year. What worked for one team, might not work for another.
 

Cats_2010

Heisman
Jan 8, 2010
11,941
20,458
103
No, I’m saying the haters were responsible for the unreasonable hype for the most part. Normal fans don’t engage in such nonsense.

It’s like may saying, oh man, you are a super golfer. I bet best in the PGA this year. Wow! What a golfer. Wait you didn’t win all four majors this year? Jeez your coach sucks.

What unreasonable hype? Sorry but the makeup of a good team is there if properly coached and utilized. If fans are guilty of anything it’s forgetting that cal can mess up a wet dream at this stage of his career. I for one, never hyped up the team, but I can see why others did as well as the national media. This isn’t on the players, it all falls on cal!!!
 

Jmeeks54thebest

All-American
Apr 18, 2009
6,867
9,733
0
I don’t think anyone trusts Barny anymore. You used to have a bit when the athletic program was doing really well as a whole but with football and women’s basketball trending down, in addition to men’s basketball, it’s not looking good.

I’m in the get rid of both club.
 

Atrain7732

All-American
Dec 11, 2009
3,806
7,103
65
It’s always funny to read these I’m a better fan than you posts on both sides of any argument.

Personally, I think it’s all stupid. These guys rushing to come here and tell everyone they wanted Cal gone 6 years ago are the same as those claiming you can’t be a real UK fan if you are ok with Cal leaving now.

I am on record many times defending Cal up until the start of this season and lauding the changes he made this past off season. I thought he would change and adapt. He hasn’t. If he does at some point, and it works, I will be back on board. If he continues down this abysmal road, I will be where I am now. Good with him leaving town anytime.

I have no issue with someone who still says they believe in and support him, even tho I disagree with that stance. To each their own. You guys who wanted him gone 5 years ago aren’t any “better” or more loyal than those who support him now, and Vice versa. Both of you should just Give it a rest already.
 

bigsmoothie

All-American
Sep 7, 2004
11,161
8,851
0
You do a real bad job of representing yourself. Starting arguments in threads constantly is a bad look and others will get a chance to see that.
I don’t start arguments. I am in the minority on here both politically and support wise. Neither will change. The big problem is your group can’t grasp the fact other people can have opposing views. When Cal goes I will support the next coach just as hard as I do Cal. Players too. Doesn’t mean I love how the season has gone so far. But it’s December. Last year was great until the end. The end being horrible doesn’t negate all the good last season offered. I personally think he will coach through next season. Then I think he may hang it up. Nothing I can do or you can do will change when he leaves. Not unless you got 30-40 million laying around. So until he leaves, or gets fired, he and the program has my support 100%
 

Monroe Claxton

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2015
3,021
4,685
0
As long as his guiding principles in hiring the next coach are equity and inclusion, I trust Mitch 110%
 

Woodrow24

Heisman
Dec 21, 2015
6,536
15,792
78
I don’t start arguments. I am in the minority on here both politically and support wise. Neither will change. The big problem is your group can’t grasp the fact other people can have opposing views. When Cal goes I will support the next coach just as hard as I do Cal. Players too. Doesn’t mean I love how the season has gone so far. But it’s December. Last year was great until the end. The end being horrible doesn’t negate all the good last season offered. I personally think he will coach through next season. Then I think he may hang it up. Nothing I can do or you can do will change when he leaves. Not unless you got 30-40 million laying around. So until he leaves, or gets fired, he and the program has my support 100%
Ed I’m just kidding man I’m not going to message anyone at rivals lol I didn’t read 1/4 of your post
 
Last edited:

CHAMPCAT11

All-American
Jun 16, 2009
10,001
7,566
0
So, you're saying the losses and poor coaching is the fan's fault? Fan shortcomings are the reason we can't beat a Power 5 team?
With all due respect, you’re trying to reason with one of the dumbest, short minded, moronic, people in the world. Top it off with the fact he’s rude with zero personality and then you can see why you’re wasting your time with him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimerussell

Catman100

Heisman
Jan 3, 2003
7,096
10,600
96
I think MB knows he's lucky to still have a job here after Billy Clyde, so I expect him to do his due diligence and make a quality hire. He knows we are almost getting to a place where he needs another home run hire after the last few years of this crap.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bigsmoothie

struggler

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2013
1,358
3,283
0
The players are the program.
Nope - the players briefly represent the program - are to be stewards of the program - it's history, legacy, fans and hopefully future.

Cal is not bigger than the program. Nor are the players. We appreciate them - support them handsomely - but they are not the program.

It is possible to support the program and the players and still at the same time want a coaching upgrade for the program and the players. Does not have to be a binary "All or nothing" choice at all.

The strawman argument store must be low on inventory these days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catman100
Jan 30, 2018
16,155
24,636
0
Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?

Mitch Barnhart to make the decision on the next basketball coach at the University of Kentucky? As most know I not for replacing Cal. In no way have I given up on him, the players, or the season. But if Cal decided in the next 2-3 years to retire, do you trust MB to make the right hire?
Hell no!
 
  • Like
Reactions: bigsmoothie

Jimerussell

Senior
Nov 5, 2022
222
572
0
With all due respect, you’re trying to reason with one of the dumbest, short minded, moronic, people in the world. Top it off with the fact he’s rude with zero personality and then you can see why you’re wasting your time with him.
Oh I know. Him and his 6 other names.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CHAMPCAT11

Jimerussell

Senior
Nov 5, 2022
222
572
0
No, I’m saying the haters were responsible for the unreasonable hype for the most part. Normal fans don’t engage in such nonsense.

It’s like may saying, oh man, you are a super golfer. I bet best in the PGA this year. Wow! What a golfer. Wait you didn’t win all four majors this year? Jeez your coach sucks.
So Joe Lunardi is a hater? He picked us to win the championship.
That's an extremely erroneous causation you're pitching. Preposterous. It makes you look like a fool for saying it. Just an FYI, not picking a fight.
 

Jimerussell

Senior
Nov 5, 2022
222
572
0
You have posted for 5 weeks. I have posted for 18 years. You came in hot and went after me instantly. If you claim you have no other user names then that’s a lie.
And that you have been here for 18 years is an indictment of the moderation on this board.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CHAMPCAT11

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
So Joe Lunardi is a hater? He picked us to win the championship.
That's an extremely erroneous causation you're pitching. Preposterous. It makes you look like a fool for saying it. Just an FYI, not picking a fight.
No, Joe Lunardi is a sports writer whoring hits. How bright does he look right now. The hater fans ate that hype. Gullible beyond belief.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
just want to remind everyone this dump truck of stupidity admitted he wanted BCG to remain our coach even while he was being chased down the hall way by Cutler.
Bass is a basketball bozo. He acts like he’s a genius, when in reality my 10 year old grandson knows more about the game.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
Funny how you guys can’t look at the entire body of work and have to grub crap out of the mud to make a case.

Guess what. The people that have to make the business case for the path forward for Uk basketball don’t sit in the crap you throw.
You’re wrong. Pretty much all UK fans, including those on this board, acknowledge how good Cal was in his first 6 years or so in Lexington. They also realize he’s dropped way off in the past 6 years. The wins and losses prove it. It’s not subjective. It’s a fact. We rarely beat ranked teams and generally struggle against Power 5 teams whether ranked or not. We haven’t even been winning the SEC regular season or the SECT. Again, facts. As I’ve said a hundred times, I’m not pro-Cal or anti-Cal. I’m a UK fan that wants wins and postseason success regardless who the HC happens to be. Cal is burned out. He doesn’t have the same fire he once had and it’s beyond obvious when you hear him talk. I’d love to see him get back to where he was but I’m not sure he’s capable. He’s human, and like every other modern day UK coach there’s a shelf life when it comes to the job. I simple believe the expiration date is near.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
No, Joe Lunardi is a sports writer whoring hits. How bright does he look right now. The hater fans ate that hype. Gullible beyond belief.
LOL. So fans that were positive about the team and felt like we had a good shot for postseason success are haters? OK. That‘s a ridiculous take.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Good to see you / Mr. Ed got your accounts signed back in correctly. Multiple accounts get confusing to weak minded little dudes doesn’t it Calboi ?
I wouldn't know. I only have one. I bet you can tell us ALL about multiple accounts. You know its funny when you fail repeatedly with that. Never lie to the people that know the truth. You see, I know for a fact what you are and you prove it each time with that crap.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
LOL. So fans that were positive about the team and felt like we had a good shot for postseason success are haters? OK. That‘s a ridiculous take.
Oh, it would be. You shouldn't have made that assertion because I sure never did.

Fans that are positive about the team, like me, don't buy into the hater propaganda nor the preseason hype.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
You’re wrong. Pretty much all UK fans, including those on this board, acknowledge how good Cal was in his first 6 years or so in Lexington. They also realize he’s dropped way off in the past 6 years. The wins and losses prove it. It’s not subjective. It’s a fact. We rarely beat ranked teams and generally struggle against Power 5 teams whether ranked or not. We haven’t even been winning the SEC regular season or the SECT. Again, facts. As I’ve said a hundred times, I’m not pro-Cal or anti-Cal. I’m a UK fan that wants wins and postseason success regardless who the HC happens to be. Cal is burned out. He doesn’t have the same fire he once had and it’s beyond obvious when you hear him talk. I’d love to see him get back to where he was but I’m not sure he’s capable. He’s human, and like every other modern day UK coach there’s a shelf life when it comes to the job. I simple believe the expiration date is near.
Yawn. No business case in that. Sure sure. $40 mill and change that'a way>>>>>
 

DaDirtyLeb69

Heisman
Jan 4, 2022
45,803
73,474
113
That statement is relevant in so many ways. The haters were pushing the hype. Then they gut the team when they don’t conform to inflated expectations based on assumptions of ignorance. Then the blame is placed on the coach to deflect their own shortcoming.
Wanting to beat good teams and run offense are inflated expectations?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
Yawn. No business case in that. Sure sure. $40 mill and change that'a way>>>>>
You always bring up the contract but stay away from the performance drop off. Again, the numbers are what they are. I guess the contract is the only argument you’ve got.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
Oh, it would be. You shouldn't have made that assertion because I sure never did.

Fans that are positive about the team, like me, don't buy into the hater propaganda nor the preseason hype.
Yeah you did. You said the haters bought into the hype. First off, that’s such a dumb take I won’t even address it. It wasn’t hype. It was a ranking based on the makeup of the team. Was Gonzaga’s ranking hype? UNCheat? The ranking consist of the opinions of college coaches and the media (depending on which of the two polls you’re looking at). They come out every year. Is it all hype to you? Sometimes the polls are right and sometimes they’re not. But, a ranking is not hype. The fact that Cal and the team has fallen short so far doesn’t make the preseason ranking hype. It simply means they’ve underachieved, at least so far. I find it pathetic that you think fans that believed this team was going to be really good are now haters. You NEVER have an argument about basketball. You exist for no purpose except to criticize other fans. I’ll never be convinced you’re actually a Kentucky fan.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
You always bring up the contract but stay away from the performance drop off. Again, the numbers are what they are. I guess the contract is the only argument you’ve got.
Show me in the contract where performance is mentioned save perhaps bonus clauses. Both parties are bound to the contract. Not my laws were dealing with here.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Yeah you did. You said the haters bought into the hype. First off, that’s such a dumb take I won’t even address it. It wasn’t hype. It was a ranking based on the makeup of the team. Was Gonzaga’s ranking hype? UNCheat? The ranking consist of the opinions of college coaches and the media (depending on which of the two polls you’re looking at). They come out every year. Is it all hype to you? Sometimes the polls are right and sometimes they’re not. But, a ranking is not hype. The fact that Cal and the team has fallen short so far doesn’t make the preseason ranking hype. It simply means they’ve underachieved, at least so far. I find it pathetic that you think fans that believed this team was going to be really good are now haters. You NEVER have an argument about basketball. You exist for no purpose except to criticize other fans. I’ll never be convinced you’re actually a Kentucky fan.
It’s true. The hype in media was via rant BS. You know it. The unscrupulous in the fan base are using that blithering nonsense to uphold an argument of under performance. You know this is true. Same reason why nobody could counter the golf argument. And YOU haven’t read a discussion about basketball because there are very very very few actual basketball discussions on the board. Let me summarize the three main points on this board.
Cal sucks.
Hate Cal.
Shoot more threes.

No basketball in that. You want to discuss basketball, tell me why players coming out of high school and prep are out of shape. Tell me why they can’t pass. Tell me why they have no knowledge of team defensive skills. Tell me why they don’t understand spacing. Tell me why they like to jack threes all the time. Let’s talk basketball.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
Show me in the contract where performance is mentioned save perhaps bonus clauses. Both parties are bound to the contract. Not my laws were dealing with here.
You’re completely missing the point. The contract is what it is, but you always bring it up when a poster criticizes Cal for something. The fact that he has the contract doesn’t negate his poor performance and shouldn’t shield him from criticism. No one has said he‘s not going to get paid huge sums of money. He is because of the contract. That’s not debatable. Whether his performance matches up to what he’s being paid is another argument entirely. And yes, he’s going to get paid if he doesn’t win a single game, but again that’s not the point. Based on your posting history, you seem to think the fact that he’s under contract is all that matters and that his failures do not matter. They sure as hell matter to true fans.
 

BlueThunderstruck

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2022
1,253
2,124
0
It’s true. The hype in media was via rant BS. You know it. The unscrupulous in the fan base are using that blithering nonsense to uphold an argument of under performance. You know this is true. Same reason why nobody could counter the golf argument. And YOU haven’t read a discussion about basketball because there are very very very few actual basketball discussions on the board. Let me summarize the three main points on this board.
Cal sucks.
Hate Cal.
Shoot more threes.

No basketball in that. You want to discuss basketball, tell me why players coming out of high school and prep are out of shape. Tell me why they can’t pass. Tell me why they have no knowledge of team defensive skills. Tell me why they don’t understand spacing. Tell me why they like to jack threes all the time. Let’s talk basketball.
What’s your point? Every college coach has the same players to choose from and most aren’t prepared for the jump to college ball. That’s where coaching comes into play. It’s the coaches’ job to get them prepared, to improve their skills, to get them into shape, etc. in this respect Cal is in exactly the same position as every other coach in the country. Actually he has a huge advantage because he can get players that most other schools can’t get. As such, he SHOULD be ahead of schedule when compared to other coaches. He used to take advantage of that, but he hasn’t in several years. Again, the numbers prove it.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Florida's Denzel Aberdeen is eligible to play a fifth season of college basketball
  2. 02 KSR Basketball 'Maybe sometimes too fearless': Mason Williams is doing whatever it takes to compete
  3. 03 KSR Football Will Stein and Shane Beamer's Relationship Comes Full Circle on Saturday
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein Shares Kenny Minchey 4-Game Progress Report
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Improved decision-making is helping Alex Wilkins reach his high ceiling