Does Kenny Payne make it to January with Louisville??

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
They won't win 10 games this year. Danny Manning may get to reclaim his interim head coach role for the second year in a row.

Reactions: mstateglfr

HailStateTate

Oct 30, 2020
Please, with the transfer portal and NIL, Kenny P will be fine. He's untouchable @ UofL for now.
I don't know if I would say untouchable. They literally have not won a game yet. With the transfer portal and NIL, he should've easily had the resources to at least make a bubble worthy team. It's LOUISVILLE for pete sake

patdog

May 28, 2007
They won't win 10 games this year. Danny Manning may get to reclaim his interim head coach role for the second year in a row.
They may not win 5. Hard to believe, even with the shambles Kenny inherited. Hope he does well there (his dad was my home room teacher in 8th grade and is a nice guy), but I keep thinking there must be a reason he hasn't gotten a head coaching job before now.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I don't know if I would say untouchable. They literally have not won a game yet. With the transfer portal and NIL, he should've easily had the resources to at least make a bubble worthy team. It's LOUISVILLE for pete sake
True, nobody is "untouchable" (see Pitino) but I would say he is fine this season as it's still the leftovers from Hookergate. I have two kids @ UofL, one is an athlete (swimmer), so I understand how they do not accept losing, ever.
Still think they will be fine.

Reactions: olblue

patdog

May 28, 2007
Just saw where this is the first time a major conference team has ever started the season 0-7. But Louisville's got company. California is also 0-7, so they both make history.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The most unbelievable thing is that Stricklin chose Rick Ray over him….and in a vacuum with just those two choices - it seems to have actually been the correct decision.

Don’t hear what I’m not saying though - both are awful and there are numerous more qualified guys who would have taken the job that should have been considered.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Just saw where this is the first time a major conference team has ever started the season 0-7. But Louisville's got company. Cal is also 0-7, so they both make history.
When I read this I thought you were talking about John Calipari- my brain was working overtime trying to figure out a context in which that was true.

Reactions: HailStateTate

patdog

May 28, 2007
When I read this I thought you were talking about John Calipari- my brain was working overtime trying to figure out a context in which that was true.
Sorry. California. I edited my post for clarity.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Please, with the transfer portal and NIL, Kenny P will be fine. He's untouchable @ UofL for now.
I’m surprised he didn’t get some guys in from the portal that could help, but maybe the NCAA stuff was a brick wall. That whole process and the length of time it took to resolve crushed that program. And the Mack hire just me made matters worse.

Now that they finally have some clarity around that, he’ll need to restock in the spring. Not getting Wagner was not a good start.

He’ll likely get a pass this year but he’s definitely on the clock starting in April.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
True, nobody is "untouchable" (see Pitino) but I would say he is fine this season as it's still the leftovers from Hookergate. I have two kids @ UofL, one is an athlete (swimmer), so I understand how they do not accept losing, ever.
Still think they will be fine.
That is long gone. Mack could use that excuse. Payne can't, he just sucks, even worse than olblue.