Dude must have called a foot fault...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
From media report: “He still had the victim’s blood on him. He was still in the victim’s vehicle. He still had the murder weapon. He had the victim’s credit cards on him,” [JPD Chief] Wade said. “He’s absolutely a reckless and dangerous person, who took a person’s life with a pink assault rifle.”

WTF?
My thoughts as well. Pink AR15?

1715866975119.png

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Several friends knew him and they all spoke highly of him. You never know, but this really looks like he was the unlucky one who showed up first for an early morning tennis match. Which is scary since my group has played many matches there at 8AM on summer Saturday mornings. We may have to rethink that.
So is it confirmed that this guy was there to play tennis and just got jacked? I saw where his dad had gotten shot over a family argument recently too.

Ers236

Oct 5, 2023
So is it confirmed that this guy was there to play tennis and just got jacked? I saw where his dad had gotten shot over a family argument recently too.
Different news places saying different time of death. WLBT has a quote from JPD Police Chief saying they didn't know why he was in the park so late Tuesday Night.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Glad I left Jxn in 2001 - I met a Louisiana girl and moved down to the Northshore. I lived near Chastain Middle School and would often jog around the neighborhood at night. I wonder how long I would've stayed at that house had I not met my wife.
Taking your life in your own hands right there nowadays, man. Goes downhill quick north of Meadowbrook Drive. On the east side of the interstate, it's a little better, but it starts headed downhill quick north of Northside. That park is NOT safe anymore, I can't be convinced otherwise. Get north of JA, well, FNEJ is no more, and it's a shame too. Late 90s/early 00s that was the place to be, there were a lot of good features there.

I've lived in a lot of cities but the overall blight and just lack of security in Jackson these days is always mind-boggling.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nothing confirmed. Originally they said he was found by a tennis player at 7:15 AM, then the police chief referred to a patrolman finding him. JJ reports police chief says murder happened between 10PM Tuesday night and 6:30AM Wednesday morning. Maybe it was a drug deal gone bad. But he and I had a LOT of common friends, and I just don't think so. But even good people sometimes do drugs, so who knows?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
A murder in that area is not surprising at all. Go 2 blocks down near the Capitol Grill and Sam's Lounge, that underpass below 55 is crawling with vagrants. I wouldn't want my wife or children walking around Parham Bridges day or night.
There's typically a large gap between vagrants and MURDERERS. Car break in, yes. Stolen lawnmowers, absolutely. Murder? I don't know, it seems like a rubicon has just been crossed. I used to live like a 2 minute walk from there in a pretty nice neighborhood. I can't be the only one surprised by a 17'ing murder of an apparently innocent guy who came to play tennis at 17'ing Parham Bridges. I don't think it would be covered in the news if it wasn't "surprising". You don't see this much coverage for dead bodies found out off west Capitol Street, which unfortunately seems to happen about weekly.

I'm not arguing with you, you should feel however you want. But this incident has surprised and saddened me.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
And of course, the young scholar responsible for this man's death was arrested for burglary and let out because of his age.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
A lot more info on the victim and killer here...

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There's typically a large gap between vagrants and MURDERERS. Car break in, yes. Stolen lawnmowers, absolutely. Murder? I don't know, it seems like a rubicon has just been crossed. I used to live like a 2 minute walk from there in a pretty nice neighborhood. I can't be the only one surprised by a 17'ing murder of an apparently innocent guy who came to play tennis at 17'ing Parham Bridges. I don't think it would be covered in the news if it wasn't "surprising". You don't see this much coverage for dead bodies found out off west Capitol Street, which unfortunately seems to happen about weekly.

I'm not arguing with you, you should feel however you want. But this incident has surprised and saddened me.

I don't know. I feel like the murder pretty regularly follows the petty crime. Certainly you can have a ton of petty crime before your first murder that doesn't involve people who know each other, but if you don't keep a lid on the petty crime, which obviously Jackson is unable/unwilling to do, the violent crime seems more or less inevitable, even if you never know exactly when it's coming and it's "surprising" when it does.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
It's not really surprising given the area. The most surprising thing I've seen there recently is the person who invested in a brand-new building for a liquor store on the West side of 55 at Northside. How do you even find anyone willing to work the counter?
Willling to bet Indians own it. 🤷‍♂️

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
I was told by someone that knows him that he jogs/runs there a lot of mornings before playing Tennis. Probably out for a morning run and got jacked.

This is the EXACT reason i tell everyone that you should be carrying no matter when and where you are if you in Jackson.