Especially after how he's been pampered his entire time in Columbia.It's the correct move. Beamer probably would have just suspended him for a game for the hit but his antics which followed sealed the deal. Can't have guys going rogue like that.
I hope he has to pay some of the NIL back, so we can buy a few DB’s.
I'm not holding my breath that this was Beamers decision. - IMHO, he was likely forced, or it was a decision by committee. I could be wrong.I admire Beamer for this. I hope Stewart's NIL deal has a clause that he has to be on the team to be paid.
Good point, I will give him credit until told differently!I'm not holding my breath that this was Beamers decision. - IMHO, he was likely forced, or it was a decision by committee. I could be wrong.
I assume the SEC will hand down a 1 or 2 game suspension as well for the punch, and I very much doubt his NIL pay will continue if that is the case.I'm not holding my breath that this was Beamers decision. - IMHO, he was likely forced, or it was a decision by committee. I could be wrong.
He probably will act this way in the NFL too
The only excuse with any chance of saving his job is the buyout.2015 style collapse incoming my god.
Beaner setting up an excuse to help save his job
Miami maybe. UGA spends less on NIL than we do and Kirby is all about "hard coaching", he doesn't put up with thug behavior on the team. He has sent several 5 stars packing over the years. Ohio State doesn't want a troublemaker either.I bet he doesnt go to NFL in 2027. NFL is gonna want to see a full productive season and no drama. He will get a big NIlL from UGA, Miami or Ohio Sttate, get 12-13 sacks, go first round
Ummmm UGA has some extensive discipline issues haha seems they have a player arrested almost every weekMiami maybe. UGA spends less on NIL than we do and Kirby is all about "hard coaching", he doesn't put up with thug behavior on the team. He has sent several 5 stars packing over the years. Ohio State doesn't want a troublemaker either.
Miami is still Thug U. They would welcome him.
Yeah, the traffic issues get handled internally, but the actual criminal arrests result in dismissal. He has also sent some 5 stars packing due to bad attitudes toward coaches and teammates. Also, UGA's roster is loaded with talent. Stewart wouldn't really move the needle in Athens.Ummmm UGA has some extensive discipline issues haha seems they have a player arrested almost every week
That wouldn't really surprise me. He is one of the three most talented players on the roster.He could be back at some point this season.
Ummmm UGA has some extensive discipline issues haha seems they have a player arrested almost every week
He could be back at some point this season.
100% promise you - it wasn't his call. He's just the face.Whatever critiques we can throw at Beamer for his shortcomings as a head coach, he does put an extremely high value on the personal relationship with players, so I know this would not have been an easy decision from that perspective. So I give him credit for doing the right thing.
We'll probably never know how Stewart has been handled behind the scenes to this point, so I think it's a leap to say Stewart was "hung out to dry." But I think one key difference between Summers and Stewart is that Stewart has probably already made more money playing football than most of his friends and family will make in their entire careers. However difficult it may be for a coach to mentor or guide a 20-year-old, I'm sure it's made even more difficult when said 20-year old is making 7-figures a year. I also have a tough time saying a guy who should have a bank account worth millions has been hung out to dry.The problem I have with this is that this has probably been going on behind the scenes for ever and was never properly dealt with. I’m not a fan of just hanging 20 year olds with an attitude problem out to dry. Look what happened with Demetrius Summers.
We have no way of knowing that or speculating about it.100% promise you - it wasn't his call. He's just the face.
Decision was made by the AD. He was asked if he had spoken with the AD today. Answer: Yes.
I am wondering if Stewart did this intentionally to take his $$$ and get off this Shanetrain wreck of a team. Now he can relax, train, care for his injured back and get ready to be a 2d round draft pick.
I don’t recall him being much of a discipline problem before. Then suddenly he is refusing to come out of the game, arguing with coaches and punching big white dudes in the head. Does not make sense to me.
If he kills it at the combine they will be lining up to draft him, I know these people, they are mostly scum.I dont know. This could drop him a few rounds, and thats a LOT of money.
Will the NFL look past the injury/behavior? They have looked past some things in the past, but to varying degrees.
Yeah, you're right. (And I'm not being flippant either) You're right. I thought about it.We have no way of knowing that or speculating about it.
GamecockCentral Football
Insider Report: What's gone wrong for South Carolina, Bama game thoughts, what's next?
GamecockCentral Football Recruiting
South Carolina football commitments selected for Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas all-star game
GamecockCentral Football
Scott Davis: Still waiting on a season that never arrived
GamecockCentral Womens Basketball
South Carolina women's basketball: Three things we learned from the Gamecocks' first exhibition
TheBigSpur
The Gamecock Report | South Carolina at 8 Alabama Intel Briefing