DYLAN STEWART SUSPENDED FROM PROGRAM

Sleepyhead

Junior
Jul 23, 2023
523
397
63
The problem I have with this is that this has probably been going on behind the scenes for ever and was never properly dealt with. I’m not a fan of just hanging 20 year olds with an attitude problem out to dry. Look what happened with Demetrius Summers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Flaglergc15

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
286
161
43
It's the correct move. Beamer probably would have just suspended him for a game for the hit but his antics which followed sealed the deal. Can't have guys going rogue like that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: I4CtheFuture

Deathstar

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2026
194
157
43
The SEC was probably going to suspend him anyway, so this was an easy decision for Beamer and it gave Beamer the opportunity to look like the disciplinarian in the situation.

I hope he has to pay some of the NIL back, so we can buy a few DB’s.
 

Go Gamecocks

All-Conference
Jan 19, 2021
1,573
1,325
113
I hope he has to pay some of the NIL back, so we can buy a few DB’s.
Happy I Like It GIF
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,717
3,302
113
I admire Beamer for this. I hope Stewart's NIL deal has a clause that he has to be on the team to be paid.
 

I4CtheFuture

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2024
1,454
1,484
113
I admire Beamer for this. I hope Stewart's NIL deal has a clause that he has to be on the team to be paid.
I'm not holding my breath that this was Beamers decision. - IMHO, he was likely forced, or it was a decision by committee. I could be wrong.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,717
3,302
113
I bet he doesnt go to NFL in 2027. NFL is gonna want to see a full productive season and no drama. He will get a big NIlL from UGA, Miami or Ohio Sttate, get 12-13 sacks, go first round
Miami maybe. UGA spends less on NIL than we do and Kirby is all about "hard coaching", he doesn't put up with thug behavior on the team. He has sent several 5 stars packing over the years. Ohio State doesn't want a troublemaker either.

Miami is still Thug U. They would welcome him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JimmyMcK
Oct 11, 2015
714
689
93
Miami maybe. UGA spends less on NIL than we do and Kirby is all about "hard coaching", he doesn't put up with thug behavior on the team. He has sent several 5 stars packing over the years. Ohio State doesn't want a troublemaker either.

Miami is still Thug U. They would welcome him.
Ummmm UGA has some extensive discipline issues haha seems they have a player arrested almost every week
 
  • Like
Reactions: USCEE82

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,717
3,302
113
Ummmm UGA has some extensive discipline issues haha seems they have a player arrested almost every week
Yeah, the traffic issues get handled internally, but the actual criminal arrests result in dismissal. He has also sent some 5 stars packing due to bad attitudes toward coaches and teammates. Also, UGA's roster is loaded with talent. Stewart wouldn't really move the needle in Athens.

I can't see Kirby taking on a player who has shown a willingness to defy the head coach. Miami will welcome him with open arms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cola GCock

Dabo's Weenie

Senior
Nov 30, 2024
880
947
93
He could be back at some point this season.

It's possible.

Like Beamer said, they're going to talk and I imagine he's going to determine if Stewart's interested in coming back or if he's a lost cause and cut his losses. If he thinks he's redeemable, there will be conditions to be met before that happens.

If he's contrite and remorseful and willing to earn his way back on the team, I have no problem with that - everyone deserves a second chance. But if he comes back and repeats, then show him the door.
 

PrestonyteParrot

All-Conference
May 28, 2024
3,203
3,179
113
Now if Beamer would show the same type of spunk in dealing with the QB situation we might have something. Give Sellers some competition by giving Woods a series or two when it means something and if he's successful Sellers will become more focused and motivated with his playing time. Then Beamer can turn that reluctant coach mentality on fixing the secondary by challenging the starters playing time with an up and comer DB/Safety.
 
  • Love
Reactions: 92Pony

I4CtheFuture

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2024
1,454
1,484
113
Whatever critiques we can throw at Beamer for his shortcomings as a head coach, he does put an extremely high value on the personal relationship with players, so I know this would not have been an easy decision from that perspective. So I give him credit for doing the right thing.
100% promise you - it wasn't his call. He's just the face.

Decision was made by the AD. He was asked if he had spoken with the AD today. Answer: Yes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 92Pony and Rob Hawk

Uscg1984

All-Conference
Mar 9, 2006
2,698
3,522
113
The problem I have with this is that this has probably been going on behind the scenes for ever and was never properly dealt with. I’m not a fan of just hanging 20 year olds with an attitude problem out to dry. Look what happened with Demetrius Summers.
We'll probably never know how Stewart has been handled behind the scenes to this point, so I think it's a leap to say Stewart was "hung out to dry." But I think one key difference between Summers and Stewart is that Stewart has probably already made more money playing football than most of his friends and family will make in their entire careers. However difficult it may be for a coach to mentor or guide a 20-year-old, I'm sure it's made even more difficult when said 20-year old is making 7-figures a year. I also have a tough time saying a guy who should have a bank account worth millions has been hung out to dry.
 

Deathstar

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2026
194
157
43
I am wondering if Stewart did this intentionally to take his $$$ and get off this Shanetrain wreck of a team. Now he can relax, train, care for his injured back and get ready to be a 2d round draft pick.

I don’t recall him being much of a discipline problem before. Then suddenly he is refusing to come out of the game, arguing with coaches and punching big white dudes in the head. Does not make sense to me.
 

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
6,911
5,697
113
I am wondering if Stewart did this intentionally to take his $$$ and get off this Shanetrain wreck of a team. Now he can relax, train, care for his injured back and get ready to be a 2d round draft pick.

I don’t recall him being much of a discipline problem before. Then suddenly he is refusing to come out of the game, arguing with coaches and punching big white dudes in the head. Does not make sense to me.

I dont know. This could drop him a few rounds, and thats a LOT of money.

Will the NFL look past the injury/behavior? They have looked past some things in the past, but to varying degrees.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cockofdawn

Slim Chickens Gamecock

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2022
1,692
1,857
113
They stated on the broadcast Saturday that Stewart had back surgery. HAs that ever been confirmed. I don't recall Beamer ever saying that yet it was reported last night. was beamer hiding to protect his draft stock?
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Insider Report: What's gone wrong for South Carolina, Bama game thoughts, what's next?
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football 10 takeaways from South Carolina's blowout loss to Alabama
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Beyond the box score: 20 observations from South Carolina's ugly loss to Alabama
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina falls out of majority of national bowl projections following second loss
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Kickoff time/TV channel revealed for South Carolina's Week 6 matchup at Florida