Eli is having an estate sale

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The Jackson and Vicksburg contingent here might be interested in Marie Hull’s and Andrew Bucci’s art.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Am I missing something? Is he hard up for cash or something?
His Oxford house has been on sale — off and on— for several years and do you really want to keep your old stuff if you and your family are not interested in keeping it?

@DWarren — Ah. Dickie bought Eli’s house?

No wonder Eli’s Selling.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Wonder if there is any 2003 SEC West championship swag.

I get that almost all of this stuff was probably procured for him and is basically just stuff stashed at his second home for use when he's there, but the used clothes and shoes being sold seems weird as ****. You know there are going to be some creepy Oxford fans buying his used shoes and doing god knows what with them. I think I'd rather just burn that **** or drop it at goodwill to make sure they don't contribute to some guy's fatal attraction to him.

The rest of the stuff is probably expensive enough to be worth selling on their own but the clothes and shoes are just going to attract weirdos.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The rest of the stuff is probably expensive enough to be worth selling on their own but the clothes and shoes are just going to attract weirdos.

Apropos of that thought, I know at least one guy who was proud to buy one of Woodie Assaf’s neckties at his estate sale…

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
Didn’t they just sell “The Graduate” name to Hilton?
I don't believe the Manning's have any ownership in the graduate but I could be mistaken. Graduate is an upscale chain that has hotels in various college towns across the country. They recently opened a new location in Palo Alto, CA. I believe that was their 33rd hotel to add to the collection.

Would the Manning's potentially have ownership in "The Chancellor House"? I believe its locally owned. Plus they charge over $1K per night for a room on football weekends, damn swindlers.

ETA: You were right, Hilton just bought the Graduate Hotels for $210M.

Last edited:

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I don't believe the Manning's have any ownership in the graduate but I could be mistaken. Graduate is an upscale chain that has hotels in various college towns across the country. They recently opened a new location in Palo Alto, CA. I believe that was their 33rd hotel to add to the collection.

Would the Manning's potentially have ownership in "The Chancellor House"? I believe its locally owned. Plus they charge over $1K per night for a room on football weekends, damn swindlers.

ETA: You were right, Hilton just bought the Graduate Hotels for $210M.
Didn't Cooper have a stake in the original group that owned The Graduate hotels?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
WHAT? You mean Eli would sell his home in that beautiful, enchanted, pristine town of Oxford. I mean, c'mon who would want to walk away from all that culture? Looks like even one of their own hates them.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
He sold one house in Oxford a couple of years ago. Either he owned more than one there or this is one He bought since then.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
He sold one house in Oxford a couple of years ago. Either he owned more than one there or this is one He bought since then.
Probably doing like Burt Reynolds when the funds ran low. Buy a Trans Am, give it the black and gold firebird paint job, and sell it as “Bandit’s Firebird”. This is the OM version of that scheme.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know who those other mentioned artists are but all those pictures look like they were done by kids