What is the best way to kill fire ants? They are starting to come back this year. Bait right after the soil reaches a certain temp? What should I do...lawn is about 2 acres. We live near Lexington.
Thanks!
Thanks!
I mix "Over N Out" with my fertilizer and put out at the same time when my lawn greens ups at the first of the season. I haven't had fire ants for over 12 years in my yard.
Had a guy recommend Talstar to me just the other day. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to.Talstar(biffitherin) is just as effective as top choice and a1/3 of the price
Sorry, what did you say? I was distracted by your avatar.What is the best way to kill fire ants? They are starting to come back this year. Bait right after the soil reaches a certain temp? What should I do...lawn is about 2 acres. We live near Lexington.
Thanks!
You can either spread a granular bifenthrin product or buy a sprayer and spray the lawn with it.
If I use granular, I buy Over & Out, about 6 bags will cover 2 acres. Its usually $35-40 a bag. I put it out at the first sight of a hill, and it'll last until Aug 1. Then you do it again. You won't see a hill pop up.
The cheaper way is to spray Talstar over the entire lawn. Same chemical, works about the same length of time, but you'll need a 15 gallon tow-behind sprayer or someone to spray for you.
You like Over and Out better than Extinguish plus?
Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting
Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Defensive Tackle
Tiger Illustrated Football
Lots of issues to address for Clemson's offense
Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting
Top 20 national recruit raves about Clemson visit
Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting
Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Cornerback
Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting
The time for Clemson's front office to start working on 2027 roster management is here