For the Selmon pessimists out there

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
I just took it. Casual fans, watch out, prices are going up because they want more “premium” areas.

I’ve said for many moons that we should tear down the west side and build a nice chairback lower bowl, 2-3 levels of club seats, 3-4 levels of suites with no upper deck. Have a massive nice wide concourse that makes it easy for everyone in the lower bowl to move around and keep costs down. Don’t need another field club or any of that jazz.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Great. A master plan. We’ve only had about a dozen of those in the last 30 years. Some consultants got paid though.

Has there been a SEC school that’s actually followed a master plan in the past 25 years?

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I just took it. Casual fans, watch out, prices are going up because they want more “premium” areas.

I’ve said for many moons that we should tear down the west side and build a nice chairback lower bowl, 2-3 levels of club seats, 3-4 levels of suites with no upper deck. Have a massive nice wide concourse that makes it easy for everyone in the lower bowl to move around and keep costs down. Don’t need another field club or any of that jazz.
That sounds a lot like what Ole Miss is doing with their west side stands.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022

Your plan is exactly what is needed.

I just took the survey. It seems their plan is to build more premium sections (similar to east side and north endzone) and charge roughly double what they're charging for existing premium seats.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I can't imagine there is enough State fans, not already purchasing premium seating now, that would sign up for $1,500-$4,000 a seat season tickets.

Reactions: Seinfeld

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Your plan is exactly what is needed.

I just took the survey. It seems their plan is to build more premium sections (similar to east side and north endzone) and charge roughly double what they're charging for existing premium seats.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I can't imagine there is enough State fans, not already purchasing premium seating now, that would sign up for $1,500-$4,000 a seat season tickets.
That survey went on forever!

I can't remember the stadium, I think it was out west, but the end zone seats were drink rails (like in the Scoreboard Club), something like that would work.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
That survey went on forever!

I can't remember the stadium, I think it was out west, but the end zone seats were drink rails (like in the Scoreboard Club), something like that would work.
I clicked "definitely interested" on the initial questions because I would enjoy a comfortable seat or even club level amenities. However I clicked "not interested" on the how much questions because frankly those prices are ridiculous to me.

I guess that's where all this is headed. Smaller capacity but with much more expensive seating.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
What a waste of 15 minutes. If you won’t pay $4000 will you pay $3500 if not $2700?

What a waste of money to whomever has that contract.

Blow up the 1986 addition and start over and do it right this time… no half *** attempt.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I filled out the survey. My primary issue was traffic and parking and it taking over an hour to get off campus and then having a 2 hour drive home and bathrooms and concession lines and prices are an issue. Said in the comments that the premium upgrades were nice but my budget allotment for football is tapped, I have no interest in social areas as I go for the games and if socializing was what I wanted to do I’d tailgate and not buy tickets. Also said if I get priced out of where I am I have no interest in going to the upper deck just to say I’m a season ticket holder. Oh well.

Reactions: Maroon13

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
As I was taking the survey, this is exactly what was going through my mind. I mean, I’m all for our AD generating some extra revenue where they can, but how many State fans do they think there are out there that can whip out $10-25k for a family of 4 to go watch us go 6-6?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I clicked "definitely interested" on the initial questions because I would enjoy a comfortable seat or even club level amenities. However I clicked "not interested" on the how much questions because frankly those prices are ridiculous to me.

I guess that's where all this is headed. Smaller capacity but with much more expensive seating.
Same. I knew we were in for a treat when I got to the part about Sections 3-5 possibly being turned into chairbacks, and I thought hell yeah. This guy is listening! Next question... would you pay $2k for one?

I mean, seriously... Those are $400-600 BC donation seats right now + ticket cost which I think was $420 this year. We're now talking about FINALLY turning those god awful, 85-person long, cramped bleachers into a seat that will at least make your back hurt a little less while you bake in the sun, but it's now going to cost you double? All this is honestly just re-emphasizing that traveling to college football games is clearly no longer for me

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Abandon all hope he who believes the TV product is losing this battle
Bingo.

As I was taking the survey, this is exactly what was going through my mind. I mean, I’m all for our AD generating some extra revenue where they can, but how many State fans do they think there are out there that can whip out $10-25k for a family of 4 to go watch us go 6-6?
They'd rather have the 20% of people who will do that, rather than the 80% they are losing due to the cost. And that's just the way of the world.

If we'd get smart, we need to make it easier for the other 80% to get in the gates, though, even if it's not premium. Make those tickets cheaper/upper deck, whatever. That's how you get big, raucous crowds, along with student buy-in.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Isn’t the club level seating sold out every year? I’m betting if they build more club level type seating, they will be sold.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Isn’t the club level seating sold out every year? I’m betting if they build more club level type seating, they will be sold.
Yes. As is 100 and 200 levels.

However the survey ask if seats in the current premium areas opened as a result of new premium seat options, would you be interested in the east and north premium seats?.

So that leads me to believe maybe they have enough demand to sell out what we currently have but not enough to double those seat options.

My guess, Any renovation of the west 100 and 200 level will be filled by those in 100 and 200 now. Those seats are approximately $900 per seat. Will those people pay $2500-4000 per seat in the future?

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So, how many years in a row have they talked about "upgrading the sound system" and "improving the internet service" now and how many times has anyone actually noticed a difference? We should be getting recording studio sound and 5G fiber quality internet by now as many times as its been promised.

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yes. As is 100 and 200 levels.

However the survey ask if seats in the current premium areas opened as a result of new premium seat options, would you be interested in the east and north premium seats?.

So that leads me to believe maybe they have enough demand to sell out what we currently have but not enough to double those seat options.

My guess, Any renovation of the west 100 and 200 level will be filled by those in 100 and 200 now. Those seats are approximately $900 per seat. Will those people pay $2500-4000 per seat in the future?
It’s got to be a tough balance to figure out exactly what you need. Although I’m not at a point where I’m going to fork over money for club level, shrinking the stadium capacity to add more club level type spaces is probably the right move. With the TV product as good as it is, the stadium has to compete with the comfort of your couch or backyard. Now the experience of being at a game is always better and that’s why there will always be people to purchase cheap seats. But I bet if we increase club level by 15-20% it will be sold out.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
So, how many years in a row have they talked about "upgrading the sound system" and "improving the internet service" now and how many times has anyone actually noticed a difference? We should be getting recording studio sound and 5G fiber quality internet by now as many times as its been promised.

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor
You know, people have complained about the sound system for years but I've never had any trouble hearing it and I'm practically deaf if you ask my wife. The sound system must be specifically tuned for the Scoreboard Club is all I can figure.