Game Day Thread

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,962
88,031
113
I also kinda like that we got Oklahoma after they upset #1 today. How many times do you see a team get beat and usually by a decent margin after they pull off a huge upset ? I see it all the time. I think UK takes them down next week.
Plus Oklahoma hasn’t been great. Mater hasn’t impressed at all. I like that matchup.
 
  • Love
Reactions: MarkPftw

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,962
88,031
113
Ain’t no need for that. We’re not starting another Stoops vs Cal **** here.

Nobody saw this coming. Especially after that Bama 2nd half. We’ve responded pretty freaking well.
We played well half that game, just a very poor second half. Only time we let up all year. We just didn’t have the athletic ability to hang 4Q but with all our injuries we may be building some depth… that’s exciting.
 

FunkyFatCan

Junior
Apr 29, 2009
92
218
13
We played well half that game, just a very poor second half. Only time we let up all year. We just didn’t have the athletic ability to hang 4Q but with all our injuries we may be building some depth… that’s exciting.
yeah i mean despite out run game being shut down and missing 2 gimme FGs we beat the #10 team in the country and are 4-1 in SEC
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,333
72,103
113
We played well half that game, just a very poor second half. Only time we let up all year. We just didn’t have the athletic ability to hang 4Q but with all our injuries we may be building some depth… that’s exciting.
Yes it is. It was just such a let down. And we still have “Kentucky moments”. Stein is the guy. Just need him to adjust to SEC life and recruiting.
 

Catastic5

Senior
Sep 12, 2026
163
434
63
Man this is fun being a football school!
I don’t even want to think about basketball, it just pisses me off. Stein is 5-1, having gone up against the likes of LSU and Alabama and has been competitive in every game except one quarter against a top 10 Alabama team.

Meanwhile I’m thinking about Pope’s first year where we weren’t even in games against an unranked Ohio State and Georgia, not to mention getting blown out by 29 to freaking Alabama.

I’ve seen what a real coach can do in year one with a fraction of the resources the basketball team and it’s a stunning revelation. I’ve been done with Pope, but now I’m utterly done. I don’t give a crap what he does his 3rd season. Get this loser out of Kentucky basketball.
 

SteinTimes

Freshman
Oct 10, 2026
27
64
13
I don’t even want to think about basketball, it just pisses me off. Stein is 5-1, having gone up against the likes of LSU and Alabama and has been competitive in every game except one quarter against a top 10 Alabama team.

Meanwhile I’m thinking about Pope’s first year where we weren’t even in games against an unranked Ohio State and Georgia, not to mention getting blown out by 29 to freaking Alabama.

I’ve seen what a real coach can do in year one with a fraction of the resources the basketball team and it’s a stunning revelation. I’ve been done with Pope, but now I’m utterly done. I don’t give a crap what he does his 3rd season. Get this loser out of Kentucky basketball.
Period! But let's celebrate this win and bash Pope when the season starts. We know Pooe sucks.
 

Catastic5

Senior
Sep 12, 2026
163
434
63
Period! But let's celebrate this win and bash Pope when the season starts. We know Pooe sucks.
I’m not saying any more about it tonight. This is the football team and Stein’s night. I’ll probably b*tch about it again later this week, though. Deep down I’m infuriated. Because this is what it should be like in football AND basketball, especially considering the resources they get.

But right now, it’s Stein time, baby!
 
  • Love
Reactions: SteinTimes

CATALCOHOLIC

Senior
Apr 13, 2018
238
410
52
PawPaw Brooks was there tonight to witness this too, wasn't he? It is so awesome he's been a part of two OT wins against a highly ranked LSU team in Commonwealth. And the recruits! OMG, can you imagine how impressive this showing was to all the elite recruits that are present?!?! Wow. Wow. Wow. This is BIG.
I heard that Hall the number 2 ranked DT ran on the field celebrating with the team!!
 

Artlaibesghost

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2022
1,371
2,830
113
Fabulous win for UK and coach Stein. Minchey is just a WINNER. Hasn't turned the ball over in 3 SEC games. Hats off to our DEFENSE!!! Under Manned they held one of the top offense in America to a stalemate. Making several key stops down the stretch to keep us in the game.

Oklahoma in Norman will be a huge task. They just went on the road and beat the AP #1. It will be a massive challenge to get out of there with a W.
 

CUJO_1970

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
675
1,999
93
I can't believe we did that two games in a row. Not seen anything like it in 50 years. Sat through so much heartache.

This feels different. Like we belong now, and it's sustainable. Stein straight up out-coached Kiffin. What happens when we have a roster full of SEC talent and we have SEC depth?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5

CorbinComet

Freshman
Jan 17, 2026
48
95
18
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football House of Blue Hot Take Review dreams big after Kentucky's massive win over LSU
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting 'Kentucky is definitely a program I could see myself at,' says Vanderbilt commit Allen LA Evans
  3. 03 KSR Football National reactions to Kentucky's upset over LSU: '(UK) is a legitimate CFP Contender'
  4. 04 KSR Volleyball No. 4 Kentucky VB fights off Ole Miss in four sets
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky fans dunked on LSU's sideline goal and then stole their basketball