Game Plan

wromanp7

All-American
May 25, 2003
25,529
8,252
0
Let's discuss.

Given the best team the shockers have played and beaten is Dayton, I think we will try to overwhelm them out of the gate.

There are always many facets to game planning, but I'm going to stick to the "keys to the game."

Listed in priority of emphasis;

1) drive.. they can't stay in front of us and we will have a goal of getting them into foul trouble to both limit the length of their bench and to win big at the stripe.

2) defend hard and turn them over. I'm predicting we turn them over big... like 20+. Fox with 5 steals.

3) guard the 3 ball

4) feed table toppler
 
  • Like
Reactions: JoeBeeHall

jb1010

Senior
Nov 8, 2011
2,252
695
0
1. Rebound
2. Guard the 3 ball

They will be packing it in on us - letting us shoot jumpers - so we need to push the ball to try and get some easy baskets.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wromanp7

UKcats#1

Senior
Sep 12, 2008
35,587
714
113
1. Drive the ball to the basket
2. Get the damn ball to Bam
3. Rebound
4. Guard the 3 point line
5. Last but not least. Make Free throws
 

docholiday51

Heisman
Oct 19, 2001
22,011
26,718
0
Let's discuss.

Given the best team the shockers have played and beaten is Dayton, I think we will try to overwhelm them out of the gate.

There are always many facets to game planning, but I'm going to stick to the "keys to the game."

Listed in priority of emphasis;

1) drive.. they can't stay in front of us and we will have a goal of getting them into foul trouble to both limit the length of their bench and to win big at the stripe.

2) defend hard and turn them over. I'm predicting we turn them over big... like 20+. Fox with 5 steals.

3) guard the 3 ball

4) feed table toppler
I think you have covered it,going from memory Wichita St hasn't had more than one or two close games this year(including Dayton which was close) they either blew the team they were playing out or got beat double digits.I'm not sure what that means,either they are pretty good,the teams they have played aren't very good or they haven't played many teams like us or a combination of all three.I guess what I take away form this is I'd rather be us than them.

If we play with effort and do what we have done over the past several games (with the exception of the last game) we will be fine today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wromanp7
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Podcasts 11 Personnel: Disrespect for Kentucky ahead of LSU Showdown
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky Players Ready for Familiar Foes against LSU
  3. 03 KSR Football Lane Kiffin sees a little bit of himself in Will Stein
  4. 04 KSR Basketball Kentucky MBB finalizes complete 2026-27 schedule
  5. 05 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB will play program-record 17 games on national TV