Guess the Bama Spread

Called3rdstrikedawg

All-Conference
May 7, 2016
2,392
2,023
113
18 consecutive losses since Croom’s Best team beat them in Saban’s first year, 2007. Has anyone else lost that many straight to Alabama or to any one for that matter?
 

Called3rdstrikedawg

All-Conference
May 7, 2016
2,392
2,023
113
16 consecutive losses since Croom’s Best team beat them in Saban’s first year, 2007. Has anyone else lost that many straight to Alabama or to any one for that matter?

all time record is 18-86-3 against the Tide.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,237
14,753
113
16 consecutive losses since Croom’s Best team beat them in Saban’s first year, 2007. Has anyone else lost that many straight to Alabama or to any one for that matter?

all time record is 18-86-3 against the Tide.

We lost more than 16 straight to them before the 1980 win. 22 straight losses I believe. Our record from 1958 to 1995 was 1 and 37 if my math is correct.
 

Dawgzilla2

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2022
2,696
3,038
113
We lost more than 16 straight to them before the 1980 win. 22 straight losses I believe. Our record from 1958 to 1995 was 1 and 37 if my math is correct.
We were their homecoming opponent 9 times from 1949-1959. I guess we needed the money. But we did manage to win a few of those games.
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,060
957
113
I just don’t see how this team will have enough healthy players to beat Bama. Sorry.
I thought Bama was beatable earlier but they have it rolling now and not sure State can stay within two scores but…. K1 is different and those WRs are damn good and Bothwell running hard. I will be watching
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,556
9,617
113
In DeBoer’s first year, they went 1-3 in conference away games. They did have a big win over LSU that year. Last year, they were 4-0 but every win was one possession. They also lost at Florida State.

This feels to me like a multi score loss given the history and how banged up we are, but away games have been close the last two years
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5