Hardy coming to The Dude on Sep 12

patdog

May 28, 2007
Without having heard a single note of any of his songs, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it. Doesn't matter. He'll sell a lot of tickets and this is a good thing for MSU athletics.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Well Trustmark Park said take your Hardy and We will trump you a Miranda Lambert!
July 26! That is where all the young ladies will be.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Which one, Frank, Joe, or Fenton?

View attachment 562473
Frank on the right (although he looks like Wally Cleaver), Joe on the left. Fenton was the dad, not sure I ever remember even seeing him, he only showed up occasionally. Those were some smart dudes, they solved mysteries w/out DNA, door bell cameras, or even guns! I guess I read every one of those growing up, yep I'm old......

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Nothing wrong with any of those. But Hardy has a few good songs too. It's just really hard for me to believe Mississippi State fans and Mississippi people in general have never heard of Hardy.
Believe it. 5th generation Mississippian lived here my entire human life. Now not to say that Hardy is bad, or his music is bad. I am sure it is great if that is what one is into. Until this thread I have never heard of him, could not pick him out of crowd, nor could I tell you a name of a single song of his.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Believe it. 5th generation Mississippian lived here my entire human life. Now not to say that Hardy is bad, or his music is bad. I am sure it is great if that is what one is into. Until this thread I have never heard of him, could not pick him out of crowd, nor could I tell you a name of a single song of his.
Same here. I hadn't heard of him until he showed up hanging out on the balcony of one of the Lotfs at the Dude but I couldn't pick him out of a photo lineup of 5 w/out some luck or know him if he walked in the door and definitely don't know his music

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Nothing wrong with any of those. But Hardy has a few good songs too. It's just really hard for me to believe Mississippi State fans and Mississippi people in general have never heard of Hardy.
I'm come to the conclusion some on this board aren't connect to the world. It's like they live in Hickory Flat or similar. Ha.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I'll be honest with you, I love Michael Bolton. I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

I prefer Harry Connick, Jr, but that is probably my Nola roots. Like Michael Bolton also, but prefer Harry Connick, Jr.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'll be honest with you, I love Michael Bolton. I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".
office space creep GIF

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I'm come to the conclusion some on this board aren't connect to the world. It's like they live in Hickory Flat or similar. Ha.
You come to this conclusion since some of us don't keep up with new country singers? Do you follow new opera singers?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
What frustrates me is they advertised the price at significantly lower than what the prices actually were. There was a graphic released Monday with prices and none of them were remotely close to the prices when I jumped in the presale yesterday

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Why aren’t we getting NIL revenue from events like the is on campus?
When you contract with large national event promoters (one or two in particular), they take all/damn near all of the revenue. They pay the act of course, but then the corporate promoters rake all/most of the huge add-on fees, F&B, and merch.

A concert like this can be a huge money making operation, and the owner of the venue (the school in this case) has the option of contracting with a national and let them take the risk and get ALL the reward. Or, the venue owner can hire other smaller promoters who actually share the revenue from those categories. And when you're talking big national acts, there is really very little "risk". The major risk for a concert is that you won't sell enough tickets - which obviously will not be a factor with Hardy and similar other acts the school could/should have at some point.

At any rate, it sounds like *we* decided to pass on the upside revenue and let the promoter win on this one. So there won't be much left over for the school/NIL. I guess time will tell if we learn something and do it differently in the future. I'll hold my breath.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Thanks for the explanation Darryl.

I feel like I just volunteered for a rape*.....sale price + $250 in fees (4 tickets). Ouch.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
He's also written a bunch of songs for others... Blake Shelton, FGL, Morgan Wallen, etc.

He has some more traditional sounding songs (here lies country music, red, signed sober you), some bro-country (He went to Jared, rednecker, truck bed), a few for the ladies (one beer, wait in the truck) and some that are basically hard rock. Mass appeal. The dude is talented as hell, and wears MSU ear buds in concert. What's not to like.
Dont forget the MS cowbell tattoo he has on his right bicep lol

1000002509.jpg

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
When you contract with large national event promoters (one or two in particular), they take all/damn near all of the revenue. They pay the act of course, but then the corporate promoters rake all/most of the huge add-on fees, F&B, and merch.

A concert like this can be a huge money making operation, and the owner of the venue (the school in this case) has the option of contracting with a national and let them take the risk and get ALL the reward. Or, the venue owner can hire other smaller promoters who actually share the revenue from those categories. And when you're talking big national acts, there is really very little "risk". The major risk for a concert is that you won't sell enough tickets - which obviously will not be a factor with Hardy and similar other acts the school could/should have at some point.

At any rate, it sounds like *we* decided to pass on the upside revenue and let the promoter win on this one. So there won't be much left over for the school/NIL. I guess time will tell if we learn something and do it differently in the future. I'll hold my breath.
But Hardy could make a BI donation if he wants to. Considering this is going to be his largest headlining event so far, he might do it. Or we might hope so at least.