Hardy coming to The Dude on Sep 12

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
But Hardy could make a BI donation if he wants to. Considering this is going to be his largest headlining event so far, he might do it. Or we might hope so at least.
Okay... MAYBE Hardy will. Maybe Randy Houser will throw in a few bucks too.

My point is bigger than just this one show. I'm guessing we won't get much NIL action out of any other national acts who come to campus.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Yikes. That's awful. New country is so cringe. Even my teenage kids refuse to listen to it.

If that Mockingbird song is the best he's got, I'm surprised anyone has heard of him.
I'm guessing you haven't been to many country bars lately. If you had (and you're a heterosexual male), you might be more appreciative of his music.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Hardy’s best song IMO is Give Heaven Some Hell. His album “A Rock” is probably a better introduction than the latest one. It’s definitely more country- but honestly, if you’re into country music you already know who Hardy is.

There’s a good chance he’s just not your speed, and that’s OK. But he’s a huge name and an honest-to-God State fan, and there aren’t very many people who are both of those things. If he’s not for you, maybe just say that and move on without bashing the guy.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Hardy’s best song IMO is Give Heaven Some Hell. His album “A Rock” is probably a better introduction than the latest one. It’s definitely more country- but honestly, if you’re into country music you already know who Hardy is.

There’s a good chance he’s just not your speed, and that’s OK. But he’s a huge name and an honest-to-God State fan, and there aren’t very many people who are both of those things. If he’s not for you, maybe just say that and move on without bashing the guy.
Great song no doubt.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Okay... MAYBE Hardy will. Maybe Randy Houser will throw in a few bucks too.

My point is bigger than just this one show. I'm guessing we won't get much NIL action out of any other national acts who come to campus.
Until the rules change (probably next year) you're correct. For now, it should be about getting people to Starkville in dead times.

Reactions: Darryl Steight