Hold UP! .... There is a Gamecocks HOCKEY team?

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
L-I-B ...

I stand corrected. I've even driven by the spot (twice) and didn't noticed that the buildings were two distinct structures.
They left just enough space to walk between, haha. It looks nice though. The tunnel from the old Law School comes out right there.

Brian Shoemaker

Gamecock Central Founder+Publisher
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
I'd venture to guess that "most people" that think that way do not live in professional sports cities. I lived in suburban Chicago for 11 years and now here in Houston for the past 6 years -- jerseys are a common thing for adults of all age ranges. It is very common on gameday to see both men and women with Texans and Astros jerseys. I wore my Blackhawks jersey quite often when I lived in Chicago, even on non-gameday sometimes. NBA jerseys have not been common for adults 25+ in either city.

The real funny thing is that you do not have to be a fan of the team in your city to be seen sporting a jersey from another team. Case in point, my wife, who is from Chicago, is a lifelong Packers fan. She wears her Green Bay Packers jersey every Sunday during football season. Surprisingly, I have seen quite a few Packers fans in our area. And, of course the irritating Cowboys fans with their jerseys and paraphernalia are ALWAYS around wherever you go.

There are some folks on these message boards who seem to be obsessed with men wearing jerseys. It's very odd.

• Haha
Reactions: MrCockStrong

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Men's soccer becomes doable - Title IX-wise- if we add gymnastics for women, already a championship sport in the SEC.
We already have a scholarship men's soccer team and are compliant with Title IX. If you mean other SEC schools, then, yes, they may need to add a women's sport to be compliant. I know a few SEC schools already have men's soccer, but evidently not enough for a championship sport in the SEC.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
We already have a scholarship men's soccer team and are compliant with Title IX. If you mean other SEC schools, then, yes, they may need to add a women's sport to be compliant. I know a few SEC schools already have men's soccer, but evidently not enough for a championship sport in the SEC.
The Universities of Kentucky and South Carolina are the only SEC schools of which I am aware who sponsor varsity men's soccer.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
My buddies played back in the mid aughts when it was in the Coliseum. Once went to a game where they had Clemson 3-0 only to let them come back and win 4-3. First time I could actually express myself to Gamecock athletes after blowing a lead vs Clemson :D
They’re just sticking with Carolina tradition.
Yes, yes, and yes.
I wish the coliseum was in better shape because it’s the perfect size of venue in my opinion to house gymnastics, hockey, and even volleyball
Makes me sick to think of how the Coliseum was & still is a perfect venue for college basketball.

AtlJo

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Schools which sponsor varsity men's volleyball on the D1 level are located primarily in areas covered by the B1G and the PAC 12.
Is was a student at Carolina in mid 70’s and there was a wrestling team.A Club sport and very popular for students from northeast,midwest.Some lineman wrestled,Steve Courson possibly.Teams came fron UNC.NC State etc.The venue was Blatt PE Center.

MrCockStrong

Feb 2, 2022
It’s a club team, but they’ve gained a nice following. They invited Coach Beamer to do the puck drop at the game a few weeks ago marking their 21st anniversary as a team.
They play at the plex in Irmo. I haven’t been in a few years but the games are really fun to attend. They also stream them live on YouTube.

To find information on almost any club team, one needs to go to Twitter.

Can't believe I ALMOST missed the opportunity to say this ...

Thanks Captain_Obvious!

:LOL: