How many here before the Hujsak AB...

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Where getting ready to flame Dakota Jordan? When the ninth inning started I was thinking how Jordan had hit the ball well his previous ABs and was just a bit unlucky. I was sure he was the going to overcome his pressure issue and at least tie the game with Mershon on base. He missed the same pitch Hujsak launched.

He really needs to thank Connor.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
He’s been awful in most pressure situations this season. My office walls think he is the suckiest player in MSU history after he struck out lol.

I know he doesn’t suck, but dang in that moment he really is killing us. He has got to fix this mental block under pressure.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Where getting ready to flame Dakota Jordan? When the ninth inning started I was thinking how Jordan had hit the ball well his previous ABs and was just a bit unlucky. I was sure he was the going to overcome his pressure issue and at least tie the game with Mershon on base. He missed the same pitch Hujsak launched.

What was awesome was Jodan celebrated like he won the game when Hujsak hit the HR.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Really should look to shaking up the order. Chance has been solid at leadoff. Mershon is fine at 2 though he's been slumping lately. I definitely would want to move Powell and Hugesack up in the order while splitting up Hines and Jordan who have been striking out a lot lately. Larry should be in the back part of the order. When he's on he gets extra base hits, but he's not consistent enough to be in the front half.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Volunteer Hand Up GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bruce, talk to me about DJ’s last at bat because I’d love to hear your opinion. When he walked to the plate in the 9th, I thought it was going to be his moment, especially after he let that first junk pitch go down and away. He then proceeds to watch a 94 mph fastball cross the plate without a glance, and then misses wildly two more right down the pipe. How does this happen to an alleged fastball hitter, and what do you think his problem is right now?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Jordan sure looks like he gets in his own head with pressure situations. It's time to shake up that lineup a little. Hujsak is my 2 or 3 hole.
Makes me wonder if sLem doesn’t think his ego could handle that. That’s a move that should’ve been made a while back. It’s too valuable a spot to nothing from in any pressure situation.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Volunteer Hand Up GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bruce, talk to me about DJ’s last at bat because I’d love to hear your opinion. When he walked to the plate in the 9th, I thought it was going to be his moment, especially after he let that first junk pitch go down and away. He then proceeds to watch a 94 mph fastball cross the plate without a glance, and then misses wildly two more right down the pipe. How does this happen to an alleged fastball hitter, and what do you think his problem is right now?
I really wish I had an answer. His second and third ABs in the game he hit both balls on the screws just basically right at a fielder.

To hit fast fastballs (95+), you need to relax your chest muscles. If you try to power through it, you actually slow the swing down because your right and left side fight each other. Maybe that is his issue at times. He definitely gets a little late on faster fastballs. He was on the sinker pitcher in his 3 earlier ABs.

The drill I did for that was something I got from Willie Horton. He would stand 40 ft from a pitching machine cranked up. So I would set the machine at the top speed and get 40 to 45 ft away. I then got in a position where I had already taken my stride and just worked on getting the barrel of the bat on the ball. I could feel myself swinging what I perceived as slower making solid contact. If I tried to force the bat, I would be slow. Very much like a golfer with the driver. You have to be relaxed to be fast.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I believed we were going to get it done. I was holding a sleeping baby, so I reminded myself before each pitch after Mershon got on, "If we walk it off, I can't scream."

I didn't make a peep. Just smiled.
Similar but very different :
I was watching in bed, wife had just fallen asleep so I was trying to be quiet. Then they showed the rebel tears, and showed the replay Hujsak walking very slowly towards first, as he watched the ball go over the fence, and I just started laughing to myself. Apparently my silent laughter caused me to wiggle, and woke up the wife.

Anyway, I really did think that SOMEBODY was going to get a hit and win the game for us. I thought it would be DJ.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Not saying it shouldn't happen, but if Jordan gets moved down -- he's done. Know people that have worked with him, coached him and coached against him.

Uber talented, but cannot handle pressure.

The psyche is fragile. Or FRA-GEE-LAY for those who speak Italian.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Similar but very different :
I was watching in bed, wife had just fallen asleep so I was trying to be quiet. Then they showed the rebel tears, and showed the replay Hujsak walking very slowly towards first, as he watched the ball go over the fence, and I just started laughing to myself. Apparently my silent laughter caused me to wiggle, and woke up the wife.

Anyway, I really did think that SOMEBODY was going to get a hit and win the game for us. I thought it would be DJ.
Glad it was Hujsak. He needed it after letting the HR get out in the 5th.

I was also in bed with the sleeping wife, I started laughing out loud as soon as it left the bat and couldn't stop laughing. But my wife never woke up.

She may have been faking it however to avoid the post victory shagging.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I believed we were going to get it done. I was holding a sleeping baby, so I reminded myself before each pitch after Mershon got on, "If we walk it off, I can't scream."

I didn't make a peep. Just smiled.
Karma is such a 13itch*************