Hunter Hines

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Damn right. Do research FFS.

Hines is a HR hitter, and a good player for us, that is where he needs to be in the order. I never said he wasn’t all those things.

As a pro prospect, he has holes in his game that keep him from being an elite prospect. Period. If you think he hits well against lefties, or can regularly put the ball all over the field, or doesn’t strike out a 17ton for a college hitter, then I can’t help you.

What you don’t realize is that I remember your dumbasś saying over a year ago that he’d likely go Top 2-3 rounds in this year’s draft. Told you then that he wouldn’t. You told me I was stupid. Now from you it’s he’ll be a “high draft pick” which is maybe Top 5 rounds, probably Top 10 rounds, no way not in the Top 15 rounds. Pretty much what I said last year. So, you’ve completely reversed your position to where you actually agree with me, yet you are crooning on here like you were right the whole time and never changed anything. It’s comical and sad.
No I said he was projected to go top 2-3 out of high school

I said he would be high

and I offered you a bet. Since to you high isn’t top 10.

top 5 I win
6-10’is a push
Anything after 10 you win

For any…. ANY… amount of money you want and you wouldn’t take it. Keep in mind for someone with your connections to the scouting community, this should be a no brainer.

again the ONLY WAY you lose in said bet is if Hines goes in the top 5 rounds. Since elite talent goes in the top 5 rounds and Hines isn’t that (your words)

so you just here to argue? Or you really want to act on those scouting connections you have and your keen baseball eye?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Documented in the scouting community…… hahahahahahahahaha

tell us moreeeeeeeee

again going to be a fun bump all season. So far homer off a lefty which was told he can’t do, and homer to left which was told he can’t do. All in 4 games after this take was posted. very fun to continue to post.
We're 41% of the way through the season. Hines is hitting 283, 804, 5 bombs. Assuming some modest improvement, let's say he finishes hitting 290, 900, 15 bombs. 2023 was 297, 1058, 22 bombs. 2022 was 303, 993, 16 bombs.

He's the exact same player he was 2 years ago, with teams having more data on him. Those numbers will get you drafted. You said a high pick, and never defined that. I do think he will go higher than Kellum Clark, but I don't think he's a top 5 guy because of the obvious holes.

So, in the end, I was 100% correct, so I hope you aren't bumping this thread to come at me.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
He’s a total yank hitter, needs to back off plate and spread out and use the other 2/3 of the field. It’s so obvi...

Very difficult this late in a career to become a gap to gap hitter when all you've been told is to swing for the fences.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
Hines is what he is.. he's not going to change and why would he. Hes been vert successful at ever level he's ever played at. He'll be a high draft pick.

He's struggling right now... And i think a lot of is he has zero protection in the order. Teams are pitching him tough and he's b/t on his approach.

Due to the slow start his numbers might not be as good as previous years, but he'll hit before the season is out, and he'll be a high draft pick.
I question the high draft pick part of this statement, but I agree with everything else.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Has nothing to do with numbers. Cerantola was a 5th round pick and couldn’t pitch for us.

Offer is on the table for anyone

top 5 i win
6-10 is a push
after 10 you win

for anyone that doesn’t think Hines is top 5 this is no risk and could be easy money.

we find someone respected and we can vemno money to hold until hines is drafted

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No I said he was projected to go top 2-3 out of high school
No, a year ago you said he would be a Top 2-3 round pick. I asked you to provide a source and you mentioned that same nonsense about Top 2-3 out of high school that you couldn’t back up with any link or source, just like you can’t now. You then provided a link showing him on at the tail end of the Top 100 college prospects for the 2024 draft. Slate Alford was right next to him on the same list, leading to many questions of its legitimacy….but regardless he wasn’t even projected in the range you said

I said he would be high

That’s what you say now…..with a thousand different descriptions of what that means. I think you need to reconsider who is actually “high” in this discussion.

and I offered you a bet. Since to you high isn’t top 10.

top 5 I win
6-10’is a push
Anything after 10 you win
Yes, and this bet is stupid, especially at even odds, as I have already stated elsewhere in this thread. If the most likely outcome I think would happen doesn’t even win me any money, why the high holy living 17 would I take that bet?

For any…. ANY… amount of money you want and you wouldn’t take it. Keep in mind for someone with your connections to the scouting community, this should be a no brainer.

again the ONLY WAY you lose in said bet is if Hines goes in the top 5 rounds. Since elite talent goes in the top 5 rounds and Hines isn’t that (your words)
I never claimed any scouting community connections. But, there’s this place called the internet that has a treasure trove of information, including scouting assessments and basic / advanced stats for anyone who has ever played baseball past high school. In spite of this, you can’t seem to find even the slightest hint of a link to back up your BS.

I also don’t really think you understand how gambling works…..as is clearly illustrated above. I’d try to explain it to you, but you wouldn’t understand. Let’s just leave it at that.

so you just here to argue? Or you really want to act on those scouting connections you have and your keen baseball eye?
From the artist that brought you “Dak’s not a Top 15 NFL QB” and “2nd Team All-SEC guard Josh Hubbard’s not even a Top 25 shooter in the SEC” comes the new hit single “Are you just here to argue?”

You make comically outlandish statements on the reg….then get all pissy when you actually get called out for it. Forget the bet. Want to make some money…..How about you just tell me how much to pay you to stop 17ing posting, and I’ll consider it. Might could get a pool together pretty quickly from other contributors.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
1. Find that post
2. I’ve said top 5 all along. Have yet to sway. I’ve approached with a bet that you aren’t confident enough to take
3. Actually the bet is only stupid if you feel like him getting drafted in the top 5 is greater than outside the top 10. So you obviously feel that’s the case. If in your mind as you’ve said Hines isn’t a top 5 pick. So there is 0 percent chance you lose the bet, which automatically makes it a plus ev wager.
4. ok well you gave a detailed report on what he can and can’t do. How about you provide some links on where you got that insight. I’d love to see the detail scouting report you found that said he can’t hit lefties, can’t hit for power the other way, can’t defend.m, amongst all the other stuff you claim is widely available
5. You clearly don’t know how gambling works if your not willing to take a bet on something that cannot lose in your mind. Doesn’t matter that it might not win, it CANNOT lose, by your evaluations. Any bet that you win a few times, tie a bunch of times, and never lose.. is certainly a bet anyone that understands gambling would take…. But again I’m dealing with a dumbasss

And yes I said dumbass. If you could put 1000 into a drawer and know in June. There is a 100 percent chance that there will be at least 1000 in there, and a small chance that there is 2000… and oh by the way.. there is no chance there is nothing is the drawer….. you wouldn’t put any money in there????

will continue to bump this thread. Way too funny

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Shhhhhhhhhhh... we've got a moron in here that knows the "widely known" scouting report.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So you are suggesting he was sandbagging the non conference schedule.
nope. suggesting the history of his career, eventually he would hit, and the 100 plus games he had played and produced for us outweighed the 18 game slow start.

And the slow start hasnt soured anyones opinion on him but a few resident experts who have scouting connections

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
nope. suggesting the history of his career, eventually he would hit, and the 100 plus games he had played and produced for us outweighed the 18 game slow start.

And the slow start hasnt soured anyones opinion on him but a few resident experts who have scouting connections
Your lack of reading comprehension skills continue to amaze us all.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Not to mention off a lefty and it was breaking ball too….

all things the “scouting report” says he struggles with.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
This whole thing started when you said he’d be a really high draft pick. His outlook hasn’t changed. He’s documented by everyone in the scouting community to struggle against LH pitching, and against off-speed pitches, with K’s / chasing, and to be a mostly pull guy that you can shift against to keep him off the bases on anything in play. Its fantastic that he hit a HR last weekend off a lefty. He might even have 4-5 others in his career off lefties (out of 40ish HR’s). Blind squirrels and acorns and what not. Even a .100 hitter gets a hit once every 10 times. You’re the guy finding that 10% case and holding it up as the norm, when its actually the exception.

Documented by everyone in the "scouting community".... that bold part... AKA Terd Tapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not more than your amazing scouting report you put together that is “widely known” 17 moron
Sure. I’ll be happy to be wrong if he hits 10 more off lefties like he hit tonight before draft day. Lets see it. Will mean we / he had a hell of a year. And aGAIN, I never had any problem with his performance over his career here.

But just as he wasn’t nearly as bad as he started the year, he probably isn’t going to go on to hit a bomb in every single SEC game. Just a hunch. But I can assure you I’ll have absolutely no problem at all listening to your horseshít if he does, though.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
92Hunter Hines1BMississippi State
Ht / Wt: 6-3 / 210Draft Day Age: 21 yr 8 moB/T: L-R
Hines is a very strong and physical specimen who has plenty of thump in the bat. Pummeling the baseball is his bread and butter, posting extremely loud exit velocities and putting the ball beyond the fence to all fields with ease. His power grades out as plus and it wouldn't be a shock to see some double-plus grades handed out. The main weakness with Hines' bat belong to his contact rates, which are below-average. He boasts a relatively high chase rate and whiffs too much, which hampers his effort to get into his power in-game more. With that said, the power is too good to ignore and is his carrying tool. He's limited to first base defensively, though he's a good defender at the position.

Real Scouting Report-
Good defender at 1b
power to all fields
power that is too good to ignore, double plus grades
92 best pro propsect

report was posted Mar 4th.

can believe that... or believe TERD.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
92Hunter Hines1BMississippi State
Ht / Wt: 6-3 / 210Draft Day Age: 21 yr 8 moB/T: L-R
Hines is a very strong and physical specimen who has plenty of thump in the bat. Pummeling the baseball is his bread and butter, posting extremely loud exit velocities and putting the ball beyond the fence to all fields with ease. His power grades out as plus and it wouldn't be a shock to see some double-plus grades handed out. The main weakness with Hines' bat belong to his contact rates, which are below-average. He boasts a relatively high chase rate and whiffs too much, which hampers his effort to get into his power in-game more. With that said, the power is too good to ignore and is his carrying tool. He's limited to first base defensively, though he's a good defender at the position.

Real Scouting Report-
Good defender at 1b
power to all fields
power that is too good to ignore, double plus grades
92 best pro propsect

report was posted Mar 4th.

can believe that... or believe TERD.
Uh yeah, there’s nothing in there contradictory to what I said, idiot. Maybe read the whole 2nd half you skipped over.

Below average contact
High K rate
Whiffs too much
Etc.

Also maybe go check the damn site you got that from and add in there that the #92 ranking is college players only.

Hines is a good one, but even just looking at the SEC there are power hitters galore to choose from, most of which can do a lot more than play 1B and hit HR’s.

Go look at Charlie Condon at UGA, who currently has 14 bombs and a 10% K rate.

Caglionone at UF

Tommy White

Miller / McCants at Bama

3 different dudes at A&M (Montgomery, Laviolette, Grahovic)

Colby Shelton at UF

DJ at MSU of course.

These guys are all better prospects for many reasons. And that’s just a handful and just from the SEC.

In the MLB.com Top 100, with no Hunter Hines, there is just one true 1B on the whole list - Kurtz at WF who is a freakshow and projected Top 5 overall pick. Only being able to play 1B is going to cost him a round or two by itself, no matter how good the bat is. True 1B who can’t do anything else aren’t guys getting taken in the first few rounds unless they are just generational talents at the plate (like Kurtz) because everyone knows you can make about anyone a 1B. Those high draft slots are normally reserved for elite talents at pitcher, middle infield, catcher, CF, and corner outfielders / 3B who can both fly and rake.

Again, do research. Hines is a great player for us and our 2nd best offensive weapon. I’m happy whenever he does well. He still probably is down the pecking order a bit compared to some of the power hitters around the country as far as pro prospects, and that’s OK. He’ll still get taken in a comfortable spot where he’ll get a big enough bonus to leave early. Nobody ever said he sucked, no matter how much you want to put that red herring out there.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Uh yeah, there’s nothing in there contradictory to what I said, idiot. Maybe read the whole 2nd half you skipped over.

Below average contact
High K rate
Whiffs too much
Etc.

Also maybe go check the damn site you got that from and add in there that the #92 ranking is college players only.

Hines is a good one, but even just looking at the SEC there are power hitters galore to choose from, most of which can do a lot more than play 1B and hit HR’s.

Go look at Charlie Condon at UGA, who currently has 14 bombs and a 10% K rate.

Caglionone at UF

Tommy White

Miller / McCants at Bama

3 different dudes at A&M (Montgomery, Laviolette, Grahovic)

Colby Shelton at UF

DJ at MSU of course.

These guys are all better prospects for many reasons. And that’s just a handful and just from the SEC.

In the MLB.com Top 100, with no Hunter Hines, there is just one true 1B on the whole list - Kurtz at WF who is a freakshow and projected Top 5 overall pick. Only being able to play 1B is going to cost him a round or two by itself, no matter how good the bat is. True 1B who can’t do anything else aren’t guys getting taken in the first few rounds unless they are just generational talents at the plate (like Kurtz) because everyone knows you can make about anyone a 1B. Those high draft slots are normally reserved for elite talents at pitcher, middle infield, catcher, CF, and corner outfielders / 3B who can both fly and rake.

Again, do research. Hines is a great player for us and our 2nd best offensive weapon. I’m happy whenever he does well. He still probably is down the pecking order a bit compared to some of the power hitters around the country as far as pro prospects, and that’s OK. He’ll still get taken in a comfortable spot where he’ll get a big enough bonus to leave early. Nobody ever said he sucked, no matter how much you want to put that red herring out there.
Really? What happened to the power isnt anything special. He cant play defense. He cant hit the ball the other way. His swing and miss will limit him? I guess i missed the cant hit lefties or breaking balls in that widely known scouting report...

Basically this is saying his Size is a plus. His Defense is good. He's got power to all fields. Hes got PLUS PLUS power, and regardless of how much swing and miss he has.. the power still trump its.

There are rougly 200 ish picks in the first 5 rounds. Being ranked 92 in the college game.. Puts him right there.

Another zinger from TERD: Only being able to play 1b is going to cost him a round or two.... ladies and gentleman we have a true insider here. True 1b arent taken in the early rounds... MORE ZINGERS FROM TERD, guess Tre Morgan from LSU last year was a generational talent, who went in the 3rd round.

I never said he was the best prospect in the SEC. I never said there arent better prosepcts out there. Ive said and will continue to say 2 thing now:

1) your widely known scouting report is nothing more than a TERD TAPLEY opinion. Because there is no scouting report that spews the BS you spew... AND
2) Hines will be a HIGH draft pick based on the MLB quality tools he has. The bet is on the table that you continue to walk away from.

oh and just for a icing on the cake for my night. Went and looked up how many HR's of Hines career are against LHP... he hit 9 homers his freshman season against LHP.. so the ol, hes only hit 4 or 5 homers of his 40 against leftys.. is.... you guess it: MORE TERD BS.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Explain how a guy who has an absolute ceiling of being a platoon DH will be a high draft pick?

Hines has nothing going for him except dead pull power to RF on inside pitches from righties. Cannot hit lefties, cannot hit stuff on the outer half the other way, and cannot hit off-speed stuff. Also has no real marketable skills defensively and isn’t that fast. One-tool position players are rarely guys that go high in drafts.
too 17 funny.

dead pull RF. Can only hit INSIDE pitches by right handed pitchers. Cannot hit lefties. Cannot hit stuff on the outer half. Cannot hit off speed stuff.

Cant play defense. Platoon DH

One-Tool.

and Remember.... Do some research, all the above is WIDELY known inside scouting circles.

You heard it straight from TERD TAPLEY

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Really? What happened to the power isnt anything special.
It’s the only thing that’s special. That’s the issue.
He cant play defense.
Besides 1B, again, which is part of the problem as far as draftability. Not debatable.

He cant hit the ball the other way. His swing and miss will limit him?
He currently lacks the discipline, contact rate, and pitch awareness to go the other way on a regular basis. All right there in the report you linked. He has power everywhere, but can’t use it as much to other fields because he can’t make pitchers throw him strikes on the outer half consistently….he chases too much on stuff out of the zone, so pitchers can easily get him out by getting swings and misses to that side. That’s why most of his hard hit balls are to the RF side.

I guess i missed the cant hit lefties or breaking balls in that widely known scouting report...

.239 avg / .286 OBP / .434 SLG / .721 OPS against lefties this year. Consistent problem throughout his career. Not nearly good enough for a player of his profile.

31% K rate (!!!) against lefties this year.

Perhaps worst of all, 6% walk rate against lefties.

That’s 90% against the lefties of AF, Austin Peay, Mt St. Mary’s, etc. Nothing close to elite arms. HR last weekend against LSU lefty….”BuMMMppp da ThreAD!!!!”. Rest of the weekend, 0-6 with 3 K’s against lefties. Would love for him to spend the rest of the SEC slate burning that scouting report, but it takes more than just 2 good swings to do that.

Basically this is saying his Size is a plus. His Defense is good. He's got power to all fields. Hes got PLUS PLUS power, and regardless of how much swing and miss he has.. the power still trump its.
Mostly agree.

Another zinger from TERD: Only being able to play 1b is going to cost him a round or two.... ladies and gentleman we have a true insider here. True 1b arent taken in the early rounds... MORE ZINGERS FROM TERD, guess Tre Morgan from LSU last year was a generational talent, who went in the 3rd round.
Yawn…..yet again…..no research.

IMG_6055.jpeg

Hines will be a HIGH draft pick based on the MLB quality tools he has. The bet is on the table that you continue to walk away from.
I can agree that he’ll be a Top 10 round pick. Or he’ll get an NIL deal to come back for Sr year, and not get drafted at all. New variable there. Small chance of Top 5 round. But what your dumbasś doesn’t realize is no one considers those to be “high draft picks”. Seniors that sign for $10k start coming off the board in the 4th, FFS.

That’s why your bet is stupid. You’re trying to make a bet with me that the sun is going to rise, and challenge me to bet that it won’t. Waste of both our time, but even moreso a waste of time for whatever poor bastard would hold the money.

oh and just for a icing on the cake for my night. Went and looked up how many HR's of Hines career are against LHP... he hit 9 homers his freshman season against LHP.. so the ol, hes only hit 4 or 5 homers of his 40 against leftys.. is.... you guess it: MORE TERD BS.
Cool. Let’s see those career splits against lefties (OPS, AVG, K/BB rates, etc). Doubt you really want to go the whole 9 yards on that. Not a pretty picture, as you can see above. Anyone with eyes or a stat book can easily see this except you. No MSU baseball fan thinks Hines is a guy that doesn’t have a weakness against lefties.

Done with your dumbasś on this topic. Will gladly enjoy HH hitting 35 HR’s 20 more against LHP, and going 1st round. Will be euphoric in my wrongness if that happens. Otherwise, GFY.

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Explain how a guy who has an absolute ceiling of being a platoon DH will be a high draft pick?

Hines has nothing going for him except dead pull power to RF on inside pitches from righties. Cannot hit lefties, cannot hit stuff on the outer half the other way, and cannot hit off-speed stuff. Also has no real marketable skills defensively and isn’t that fast. One-tool position players are rarely guys that go high in drafts.
Terdddddddd tapley everyone

think I saw homer to right off a off speed pitch from a lefty
homer to right off fast ball from lefty
double to left off a lefty

whst a 17ing fool

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
1. Find that post
2. I’ve said top 5 all along. Have yet to sway. I’ve approached with a bet that you aren’t confident enough to take
3. Actually the bet is only stupid if you feel like him getting drafted in the top 5 is greater than outside the top 10. So you obviously feel that’s the case. If in your mind as you’ve said Hines isn’t a top 5 pick. So there is 0 percent chance you lose the bet, which automatically makes it a plus ev wager.
4. ok well you gave a detailed report on what he can and can’t do. How about you provide some links on where you got that insight. I’d love to see the detail scouting report you found that said he can’t hit lefties, can’t hit for power the other way, can’t defend.m, amongst all the other stuff you claim is widely available
5. You clearly don’t know how gambling works if your not willing to take a bet on something that cannot lose in your mind. Doesn’t matter that it might not win, it CANNOT lose, by your evaluations. Any bet that you win a few times, tie a bunch of times, and never lose.. is certainly a bet anyone that understands gambling would take…. But again I’m dealing with a dumbasss

And yes I said dumbass. If you could put 1000 into a drawer and know in June. There is a 100 percent chance that there will be at least 1000 in there, and a small chance that there is 2000… and oh by the way.. there is no chance there is nothing is the drawer….. you wouldn’t put any money in there????

will continue to bump this thread. Way too funny
I’ll bet you but put your money where your mouth is. Top 5 rounds you win, 6th and higher I win.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’ll bet you but put your money where your mouth is. Top 5 rounds you win, 6th and higher I win.
@HuntDawg had to wait a long time to bump that post. For a guy that was supposed to be a team leader, you’d think he’d have had more games like this.

I did see where Hines is like #120 prospect in the draft. I guess that’s 3/4th round.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Holy crap. Are we doing this again? March 23rd to April 27th….that’s how long we had to wait for the next bump?

Super cool that Hines had an outstanding SEC game for the first time in over a month. His career splits against lefties, K rate, BB rate are still well documented, and haven’t changed. You don’t get to erase a 3-year long scouting report with one good game, although I’m glad he had one.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He's so confident in his prediction he needs a 10 round buffer before he loses. He either is top 5 or not. No need for the 6-10 if you're that confident. It's that simple.
It’s the opposite. If you’re so confident he’s not. Which TERD tapley is with his in depth scouting report. Then it’s a no loss bet.

if you terd or anyone else thinks he’s not top 5. Make the bet. At worst you’ll get your money back. See a lot people popping gums but no one willing to make the bet.

300/1050 ops, 8 homers, 21 rbi in Sec play.

hes proven the idiot turd wrong… and he will again come draft day

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He's so confident in his prediction he needs a 10 round buffer before he loses. He either is top 5 or not. No need for the 6-10 if you're that confident. It's that simple.
For you and you only. I’ll go top 5. Anything before pick 1 in round 6 I win. Anything past you win.

name your price.

but i know people like you. they use the mouth for 1 thing….