I Played Football for State from '09 - '13. Ask Me Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2007
Awesome thread, sorry I didn't read it earlier. Nothing new in terms of questions, I think everything has been pretty well covered. Thanks for wearing the Maroon & White and having the guts to do this thread. Best thing on this board in years.

PointAfter

Nov 28, 2017
Thanks Mr. Swede: To echo the others, thank you for taking time out of your current life to tell us about your former life. Being new to posting, I don't have mole crickets and I don't like Dale's and I am still looking for a shotgun for home defense. It won't be a Remington or Mossberg so it looks like it might be a Benelli.
Questions, where did the team stay the night before a home game during your time and what was that like? All business and the coaches tucked you in @ 8:30 or was there any horsing around?

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks Mr. Swede: To echo the others, thank you for taking time out of your current life to tell us about your former life. Being new to posting, I don't have mole crickets and I don't like Dale's and I am still looking for a shotgun for home defense. It won't be a Remington or Mossberg so it looks like it might be a Benelli.
Questions, where did the team stay the night before a home game during your time and what was that like? All business and the coaches tucked you in @ 8:30 or was there any horsing around?

I appreciate all the kind words.

We stayed at the Hilton off highway 12. It was pretty cool. After some film and a stadium walk thru, we’d arrive at the hotel around 5:30 or 6 that night and immediately eat dinner. Good southern food provided by the Hilton. From then until 9:30 or 10 we had a few options. In the conference room where we ate, they’d have games/dominoes set up with a Friday night football game to watch. They’d have kind of like a late night snack station set up which usually consisted of hamburgers and quesadillas. I used to absolutely kill some quesadillas. In the other conference room they had a movie playing. They also had a milk shake station set up. My go to was a peanut butter and banana milk shake.
Lastly they let your fam come see you and hang out in the lobby area. That’s usually what I did. I was blessed with having parents only 20 miles away so I’d hang out with them, my snapper, and future in laws. That was a huge thing for me that may have seemed like a minute detail but it helps put everything in perspective. Friday afternoon through game time, you’re essentially blocked off from the outside world. With good reason of course. But being able to see your family and your girlfriend was great. Takes your mind off things.

Bedtime was usually around 10 with bed check by Mullen and Balis usually. I’ve always been a night owl so my Friday night tradition was to watch King of the Hill for a bit before I could finally get myself to sleep. That and taking my migraine pill lol. Wish I was kidding.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
... I was blessed with having parents only 20 miles away so I’d hang out with them, my snapper, and future in laws.

So I was not thinking about you being a punter and when I read my snapper and in-laws together, I thought you were talking about the ole lady.. I was ready to change my oldest son's name to Swede.

Status
Not open for further replies.