I still think its funny that Ole Miss fans

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
say Chad Kelly was so much better than Dak. Dak was lucky to land in Dallas behind a superior O-line and Zeke. Kelly very well may have more talent but one thing he doesn't have is a tenth of the maturity that Dak has always had.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
say Chad Kelly was so much better than Dak. Dak was lucky to land in Dallas behind a superior O-line and Zeke. Kelly very well may have more talent but one thing he doesn't have is a tenth of the maturity that Dak has always had.

The thing that the staff here raved about with Dak from day one was his instinctive leadership abilities and how others would follow his lead - even older players. His work ethic was also off the charts. It's no surprise that he elevated to the starting job in Dallas. Those are attributes that are rarer than people realize.

Machine Gun Kelly has immense talent. But he's low character, and he's a follower, not a leader. That's the difference.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I have been blessed to know a lot of great athletes. I know a few that have made it and play/played professionally. There is a reason the NFL spends so much time diving into guys' backgrounds before the draft. Had a coach tell me once he got a call from a scout and all they talked about was where the player spent time outside the baseball facility. They talked for over an hour and it was all about the guy's personal life. The coach told me it is important to invest in practice, but you better also put the kid in a church because one personal issue can cost a kid millions.

I think that is the difference between Dak and Kelly. Dak makes good choices and that is why his bank account looks so much better.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I assume Kelly's arm talent must be as good or better than Dak's (or at least was coming out of college) because how the hell else would he get NFL chances with his ten cent head? Granted he went 7th round and Dak went 4th, so they weren't viewed the same, but still seems like 3 rounds isn't much difference between them when you know you are getting a head case that historically hasn't stayed out of trouble.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
17em. They're trash.
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

What is he supposed to have done here? I'm usually a little suspicious when there is an article about punishment that can't even describe the supposed misdeed committed.

We have a "gender based violence" policy violation against a former strength coach? Was this a lady strength coach?

Reactions: preacher_dawg

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
The thing that the staff here raved about with Dak from day one was his instinctive leadership abilities and how others would follow his lead - even older players. His work ethic was also off the charts. It's no surprise that he elevated to the starting job in Dallas. Those are attributes that are rarer than people realize.

Machine Gun Kelly has immense talent. But he's low character, and he's a follower, not a leader. That's the difference.
And moron. You forgot moron. I heard Jerrel Powe tutored Chad Kelly.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What is he supposed to have done here? I'm usually a little suspicious when there is an article about punishment that can't even describe the supposed misdeed committed.

We have a "gender based violence" policy violation against a former strength coach? Was this a lady strength coach?

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Okay I’m not sure if you are trying to re-write history but Zeke wasn’t “already at Dallas” when Dak got there. Zeke was the cowboys 1st round pick the same year Dak got drafted in the 4th round. Dak went on to be the rookie of the year that year and eventually became the franchise quarterback. Zeke ended up a disaster that didn’t pan out who should have been replaced by Pollard much much early than he was.
Dak Prescott Dancing GIF by Dallas Cowboys

Reactions: Anon1697564126

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Lesson #1 - Don't hire a hot yoga instructor as your asst strength and fitness coach, especially if Chad Kelly is on the team.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

All of them, or just a few trying to get under your skin?

HotMop

May 8, 2006

1000016418.jpg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Dallas said the same thing when he got here. During one practice during Dak’s rookie season, Dez Bryant was supposed to get out of bounds, but turned upfield instead. Dak said something to the effect of “we all know you’re great, but we need you to stop the clock on that play.” Dez said “you’re right” and it impressed the coaching staff that Dak would stand up to Dez like that.

Reactions: Darryl Steight