I switched from the Insiders Forum to this....what a disappointment

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm not really sure what happened. On the previous site, the free forum was very, very active. It's kind of a ghost town here most days though. I know a bunch of people have opted out of the pay forum, now that the 1 year special is over. I kind of thought traffic would pick up here when the 1 year trial ran out, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference in free forum traffic.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I'm not really sure what happened. On the previous site, the free forum was very, very active. It's kind of a ghost town here most days though. I know a bunch of people have opted out of the pay forum, now that the 1 year special is over. I kind of thought traffic would pick up here when the 1 year trial ran out, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference in free forum traffic.
I guess some folks just couldn't handle the switch from Rivals.

TrickySticker

Feb 4, 2022
The $99 is pretty steep. I only get on here for the forum, so I can get the real information.

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
YOu can't handle what amounts to like 27 cents per day? I bet I'm the poorest person on this site, and even I could handle that if I really wanted to.
I agree. It's very affordable if you think in terms of a year's worth of content.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
YOu can't handle what amounts to like 27 cents per day? I bet I'm the poorest person on this site, and even I could handle that if I really wanted to.

I don't think it's a matter of affording it. I could absolutely afford the $99, but I can't personally justify the expense. Besides, my wife would think I was whacked in the head if I told her I was paying $99 for information on college football.

That said, the site owners are justified in charging what they want to charge, so I won't complain about what they're charging. It's their business to run, and the number of people that sign up will indicate to them if the $99 is viewed as reasonable not. While I do wish there was more traffic in the free forum, I am very thankful they have provided it as an option. They certainly aren't obligated to do so.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I suppose it depends on the fan but there's ...

Spring football
Baseball
Men's basketball
Women's basketball
Recruiting is now year-round for all sports
Yes, and I wasn't trying to be dismissive of those activities. But it's natural that people have more interest in a sport A) when we're doing well at it, and B) when we're in the thick of the season. I'll give you women's basketball. As far as recruiting goes, I would say that the modern definition of "commitment" has killed most interest I would have in following it until the kid signs on the dotted line. I liken it to intently watching a mock draft.

But, hey, that's just me and I'm not trying to kill anybody's business! lol

Reactions: USCEDGE

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don't think it's a matter of affording it. I could absolutely afford the $99, but I can't personally justify the expense. Besides, my wife would think I was whacked in the head if I told her I was paying $99 for information on college football.
Right. For most of us, it's not a matter of "affording." Life, especially our financial life, is about trade-offs and priorities. There is a lot of competition for my dollar.

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
I believe it also depends on how much someone values the timing of information being reported. When I decided not to renew, it was because I realized all of the big news I care about is public knowledge very soon after official moves have happened.

Speculating on coaching hires, commitments, and other things is enjoyable, but I would much rather just know the end result. That information becomes known by the general public as soon as it is here. Plus, it seems like any really big stuff that the staff does know in advance can't be shared for fear of betraying sources. That doesn't do the subscribers much good.

If you're one who likes to be able to say you knew something was possible before it happened because of a report, then it may be worth it to you. The bottom line is each person gas to figure if he or she is getting what they feel is a reasonable return on their investment.

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
I enjoy this forum and visit everyday. Of course, enjoy it more during FB season.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Well, splitting the sites just watered down more the mediocre news we’ve been dealing with the last several years! Kind of like the LIV tour, I don’t really have a problem with it, but it definitely affected the product and how I personally watch/read it!

• Haha
Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Well, splitting the sites just watered down more the mediocre news we’ve been dealing with the last several years! Kind of like the LIV tour, I don’t really have a problem with it, but it definitely affected the product and how I personally watch/read it!
My winnings on PGA draft kings is UP since the beginning of the LIV tour.

Reactions: Cackmandu

1Mcreekcock

Joined Aug 7, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
I spend most of my time on the other side but I also like to read FGF for different perspectives. If excitement is what you're after there's about 8-10 posters we could send over...problem is you'd want to send em back within a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony

1Mcreekcock

Joined Aug 7, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
I spend most of my time on the other side but I also like to read FGF for different perspectives. If excitement is what you're after there's about 8-10 posters we could send over...problem is you'd want to send em back within a week.
Bring it. Don't sing it.
I probably should have said that most of us would "like" to send them over. Trust me...it gets pretty brutal over there at times.

Latest posts