If Simeon Price is the starting RB in Bowl who is his backup?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Brett McMurphey tweeted the other day that he's just waiting for the day a team has to opt out of a bowl game because they can't field a competitive team. Who knows, it could be us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Reading the Illinois board, they are having a lot opt out of the bowl game as well.

Reactions: AFDawg

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
What is more competitive....bowl season after portal exodus or NFL preseason?

It's a close call at this point. I don't ever want to see that bowl standings mess again, but i know it will be shown during every game. At this point, who cares. If you choose to go to a bowl game as a family vacation or a quick getaway, more power to you. But bowl pride is DEAD.

Give it a few more years and most bowls will be LUCKY to have 10k in attendance. I wouldn't spend a dime on that mess anymore and i LOVED my trips to multiple Peach Bowls and the Cotton Bowl back in the day.

Florida has no QBs left. Levis and Rodriguez for KY have opted out. At some point it's going to get dangerous for teams to play bowls. You are going to have guys that haven't seen the field all season have to play because there is nobody left at certain positions. Ridiculous.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
True enough. 3 contributors. That's it. I still hate it. But we will add 3 replacements

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Brett McMurphey tweeted the other day that he's just waiting for the day a team has to opt out of a bowl game because they can't field a competitive team. Who knows, it could be us.
TAMU did last year. They didn't just come out and say it, but that's what happened. Some Covid and injuries, but nothing that should have kep them from playing. They would have gotten beat like we did in the Liberty Bowl.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Woody may be gone before the bowl game. We gotta get some running backs. I knew we were gonna get in a bind

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Rupert Jenkins said:
Jarvaris Bufford and Ashtanyrein Duncan might get a little playing time.

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley