Interesting read:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
When Bill O'brien get fired from the Patriots.
I was thinking maybe Saban will try to resurrect an NFL retread like Josh McDaniel this time? McDaniel certainly could use a career reboot.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I was thinking maybe Saban will try to resurrect an NFL retread like Josh McDaniel this time? McDaniel certainly could use a career reboot.
You're one step ahead of me!

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
If a Franklin team ran a QB draw into that UM front on fourth and goal in OT down by 7 all the grocery stores in the Northeast USA would run out of tissues. Carry on.
But if it would have worked, posters on here would have been saying that they hope Franklin was watching that brilliant play call by Saban and learning something. After the fact coaching is never wrong.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Of course he isn't. No one else wants him and PSU can't afford to buy him out.
If he decided to leave, there would be a line of schools that want him and if you don’t believe that, then you’re clueless.

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
And both of them will get there sooner than Franklin.
Perhaps, perhaps not if PSU somehow makes it next year…and such a comparison would be meaningful if one chooses to ignore Florida State’s conference.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
You're the one making pathetic statements.
Ok, tell me one team in the Big outside of OSU and Michigan that wouldn’t be better off with Franklin and wouldn’t hire him if they had an opening….there isn’t one. So that’s 11 teams that would take him. Then there’s probably 9 in the ACC, 7 in the SEC…so now we’re up to 27 schools in three conferences. My statement isn’t anywhere near as pathetic as yours was.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
If he decided to leave, there would be a line of schools that want him and if you don’t believe that, then you’re clueless.
Actually I have more than a clue and no one is interested.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Right. Tell me which Big 10 schools other than Michigan and OSU wouldn’t be better off with him….I’ll wait.

Which ones will offer him $10mm a year? If any, I’m sure he’d jump at it. So - who’s offering?

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Which ones will offer him $10mm a year? If any, I’m sure he’d jump at it. So - who’s offering?
Well, Kentucky pays Stoops more than Franklin, so I’m sure there are quite a few teams out there that would. Many teams would pay a lot for top 15 recruiting classes and 10 win seasons even if it’s not good enough for our fans. If he got let go tomorrow, he’d be hired by the end of the week.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Well, Kentucky pays Stoops more than Franklin, so I’m sure there are quite a few teams out there that would. Many teams would pay a lot for top 15 recruiting classes and 10 win seasons even if it’s not good enough for our fans. If he got let go tomorrow, he’d be hired by the end of the week.

Nothing stopping anyone from offering and him taking it. He’s not getting fired anytime soon because Penn State is (hopefully) not dumb enough to pay the buyout.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Nothing stopping anyone from offering and him taking it. He’s not getting fired anytime soon because Penn State is (hopefully) not dumb enough to pay the buyout.
The discussion was if he got fired.