Is that pint sized script State gonna be on our football field all year?

Jan 4, 2024
It looks embarrassingly weak. Script State should only be on the baseball and basketball jerseys. Block State should be in our endzones and on our football jerseys. The M over S baseball emblem is our most lasting and recognized trademark and would like to see it on our football helmets. The basketball court and football field should have a ferocious bully or walking bully. Thoughts?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It looks embarrassingly weak. Script State should only be on the baseball and basketball jerseys. Block State should be in our endzones and on our football jerseys. The M over S baseball emblem is our most lasting and recognized trademark and would like to see it on our football helmets. The basketball court and football field should have a ferocious bully or walking bully. Thoughts?
IMG_6874.jpeg

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I’m with you. Script logos don’t work well with football.
I also still don’t understand why the admin decided to trash the logo from the most successful era of State athletics.
Because the banner M is the worst logo in college athletics. It’s a dollar tree logo, cheap af

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Just shut up please shut up

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Because the banner M is the worst logo in college athletics. It’s a dollar tree logo, cheap af
So a generic term for any college in America is better? I don't expect an honest answer.

Cohen (and &almon continued it) pulled out a 1970 baseball logo and y'all ***** about the only logo State has ever had that was put together by a true committee and marketing firm.

Last edited:
Reactions: msudawg1200

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
So a generic term for any college in America is better? I don't expect an honest answer.

Cohen (and &almon continued it) pulled out a 1970 baseball logo and y'all ***** about the only logo State has ever had that was put together by a true committee and marketing firm.
My honest answer is, objectively speaking, the banner M sucks. It is not respected, adored, or envied by anyone in collegiate athletics. There is no nostalgia attached to this logo. We can do better and we will. Stop selling yourself short because you don’t want change. We have to market ourselves better as a university, this is an aspect that has been lacking for decades. Time to step up and put our sack on the table.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
My honest answer is, objectively speaking, the banner M sucks. It is not respected, adored, or envied by anyone in collegiate athletics. There is no nostalgia attached to this logo. We can do better and we will. Stop selling yourself short because you don’t want change. We have to market ourselves better as a university, this is an aspect that has been lacking for decades. Time to step up and put our sack on the table.
All your opinion with zero facts.

The "banner M" is tied to our most successful teams EVER in at least three sports. That's fact. If State fans can't get behind that, that says alot about the fans in general.

As for putting a sack on the table.... a baseball logo from 1970 is a very conservative, lazy attempt at "rebranding". Laughable if you ask me. People don't like the "banner M"? Fine. Come up with some options that are better. Nothing better has been presented.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As for putting a sack on the table.... a baseball logo from 1970 is a very conservative, lazy attempt at "rebranding". Laughable if you ask me. People don't like the "banner M"? Fine. Come up with some options that are better. Nothing better has been presented.

I’m not generally a fan of the Banner M but it is recognizable.

I just hope &tate doesn’t become part of the academic logo side.

Having the Banner M there looked awkward. &tate would be worse.

Reactions: bulldoghair

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

I don’t think Cohen was the leader in this. Obviously &tate was recognizable after the CWS win, and we all agree we should lean into being ‘STATE’ to some extent. I think it was Keenum who pushed it to the forefront, rather than just another merch logo, and it was a mistake.

Cohen was big on the strategic part, but I don’t think he really cared that much about logos to uproot tradition.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
All your opinion with zero facts.

The "banner M" is tied to our most successful teams EVER in at least three sports. That's fact. If State fans can't get behind that, that says alot about the fans in general.

I get it, I enjoyed the 2010s in football as much as anyone. The 2014 season did more for our university and city of Starkville than any season in athletics ever.

I think it’s safe to say Mississippi State is dead last in the SEC in promoting and generating a strong brand. The banner M is a reason why. The banner logo had nothing to do with winning a football game. Just because we had some good seasons while using the banner is no reason to continue using a bad, lame logo. That makes no sense. It’s time improve marketing Mississippi State athletics.

Reactions: uptowndawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I get it, I enjoyed the 2010s in football as much as anyone. The 2014 season did more for our university and city of Starkville than any season in athletics ever.

I think it’s safe to say Mississippi State is dead last in the SEC in promoting and generating a strong brand. The banner M is a reason why. The banner logo had nothing to do with winning a football game. Just because we had some good seasons while using the banner is no reason to continue using a bad, lame logo. That makes no sense. It’s time improve marketing Mississippi State athletics.
We do this same thing every 20 years, sometimes even sooner. And things never change. You say you want us to unite behind &tate, but we will do this all again in the future.

You see - YOU have the po lil moo u attitude here.

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No. It is because of losing.

You think 3/4 east MS wears Bama, LSU and OM gear because of a logo? No. It is because of winning.
Funny enough, we aren’t dead last in the SEC in branding anymore, or weren’t, basically BECAUSE of banner M. And we 17ed that up.

May as well just get used to being a baseball school, and taking SEC welfare football money.

I hate seeing it happen, but I’ve just decided I can’t change people’s minds, and it is what it is. MSU baseball was there for me as a kid, and it will continue to be what I support most.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Just because we had some good seasons while using the banner is no reason to continue using a bad, lame logo. That makes no sense. It’s time improve marketing Mississippi State athletics.
You do realize that the script &tate is a baseball logo from 1970, right? How is this new and improving marketing?

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You do realize that the script &tate is a baseball logo from 1970, right? How is this new and improving marketing?
Listen, I would choose the interlocking if it were up to me. But the script is an upgrade. I don’t care where it came from or if it was used for women’s equestrian. It’s a better logo than the banner.

Reactions: uptowndawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Listen, I would choose the interlocking if it were up to me. But the script is an upgrade. I don’t care where it came from or if it was used for women’s equestrian. It’s a better logo than the banner.
Why did we change interlocking? Because of people like you that wanted to say 17 the previous era and MUH CHANGE.

Po lil moo u.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
No. It is because of losing.

You think 3/4 east MS wears Bama, LSU and OM gear because of a logo? No. It is because of winning.
Absolutely you have to win, winning helps everything. But there are great logos and brands attached to mediocre programs from a W/L perspective. Ole Miss is included there. Those 17ers are a bunch of losers as a fanbase, and athletically haven’t achieved more than we have since integration. But to their credit, they do a hell of a job of solidifying their brand and logo. It’s simple and effective. Meanwhile, we’ve been polishing a turd the last 20 years.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Respectfully, I STRONGLY disagree with you, sir!!! I personally love the banner M logo and have since it debuted at MSU. That script "State" is as lame and unimaginative as they come; which "State" one would ask? Anybody could come up with something like that.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
And you know this how??

Reactions: bulldoghair

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

It ain't bad and it ain't lame; get over yourself.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You’re unhinged man. And aren’t you the dork that’s been crying for Selmon to fire Lemonis the last year?
Fair to say you’ve been defeated.

Problem is, you have Keenum and the rest of the fanbase who think beating Ole Miss is the pinnacle, on your side.

Big reason I care a lot less now.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For everyone crying in this thread about the banner logo:

It’s gone, not coming back lol
You’re right, and so are a lot of fans unfortunately. It’s not about you, it’s about Mississippi State and you’re dubmass ignorant vaginal secreted fuckshit *** doesn’t get it

Many of us think bigger than you. Much bigger.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
For everyone crying in this thread about the banner logo:

It’s gone, not coming back lol
Please don’t take offense to my question, I am genuinely and honestly curious. Are you a homosexual male, or do you happen be a female? Reason I ask is because most people that passionately and really like the script $tate logo are mostly one of the two. I’m not saying 100%, just overwhelmingly mostly. Again, no offense just curious. Thank you.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The script is ok on helmets, but I do like the M over S the best for them.

Seems a little more timeless and fits the space better .

I still like the block “STATE” on the basketball jerseys