It sure is nice to care about baseball again.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
But we're not supposed to care according to RockyDog because it's just a club sport?
I don’t know who that is but he must’ve been born yesterday and gets bored watching baseball.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I want to host for one simple reason, I think it helps retain players and get players. Once you see or play at the Dudy Noble and have success in the post season, you will want that experience again.
This team starts hitting? This could get fun!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I definitely still care if we host or not, but you're right that it dang sure is nice to care about baseball again. Earlier in the season, you could see some signs of improvements here and there, but it always seemed like this team was going to find a way to lose a lot of close ones. Especially with the bullpen

I don't want to go too far overboard quite yet, but I will say that this group does seem to slowly be turning into one that is going to find ways to win a lot of those close ones.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I want to host for one simple reason, I think it helps retain players and get players. Once you see or play at the Dudy Noble and have success in the post season, you will want that experience again.
This team starts hitting? This could get fun!
If Kohler could get his avg. up to .250, we'd really be going places. He hit .360 in the AAC, but SEC pitching is an entirely different animal. Maybe he can turn the switch on just in time for Regional play.......that would be sweet!

patdog

May 28, 2007
If Kohler could get his avg. up to .250, we'd really be going places. He hit .360 in the AAC, but SEC pitching is an entirely different animal. Maybe he can turn the switch on just in time for Regional play.......that would be sweet!
He really hasn't seen much good SEC pitching. 3 games vs #4 A&M and 3 vs #6 Vandy. But 14 games vs the 5 worst staffs in the league.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Justin Parker needs a fat raise for figuring out the rotation and bullpen finally. Seeing some improvement and development in the guys. Also I think things started turning around with some leadership and I'm gonna kick your *** from long and some others that we have been lacking. Someone finally grew some girodos.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He's been hurt and is getting healthy finally
That would explain a lot. He definitely seems to be getting into the form we expected. Just saying he’s not just seeing much better pitching. I mean, the AAC isn’t garbage.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Justin Parker needs a fat raise for figuring out the rotation and bullpen finally. Seeing some improvement and development in the guys. Also I think things started turning around with some leadership and I'm gonna kick your *** from long and some others that we have been lacking. Someone finally grew some girodos.
Yes he does. The job he’s done this year has been near miraculous.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes he does. The job he’s done this year has been near miraculous.
I was thinking about the vocal leadership part in the past it's usually been the better players in our team but it seems like the vocal leadership is coming from role players this year. I think we have suffered from a few years of better players just being players and not really leaders. We got some transfers in that came in and took over that part it seems like. Could be wrong about that but it appears that way