IT'S HERE...I HOPE...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The evening of 9/28 - the board will be down for maintenance. The maintenance is due to SIXPACKSPEAK.COM MOVING TO ON3.COM. On3 was started by Shannon Terry (guy who started 247 and Rivals). It's his newest venture in the college sports website game. SixPack needed to upgrade message board software and since early August, I have been talking with on3 about moving the board there. We agreed on 9/1 to do the move and the move will happen tomorrow night. SixPackSpeak will remain FREE. You do not need to subscribe to on3 to read or post on the forum. You just need to login or sign up.

Just type in sixpackspeak.com and after tomorrow night, it should forward to the on3 Mississippi State message board. I have no idea if the site will get writers but for now, the message board will really be the only thing for the MSU side of on3. We will still have the crazy **** we talk about all the time from sports to Dale's and everything in between. We will do the same contests, the same friday fourplays but with an updated message board software. Unfortunately, I could never find a suitable threaded view replacement so we will be exclusively topic view.

I'm trying to verify how you will initially login but I do know your username will be reserved and you might be able to login with your existing password that you use here. Once I get that solidified, I will post it in this thread.

There will be some technical hurdles for sure so please bare with on3 and myself as we transition to the new site.

UPDATE - If you already have an account with on3 that matches the email address you use on sixpack - those accounts will merge. If you don't have an account, you can use the forgot password feature on on3 to recover your password tied to that email account. Your current password will not migrate to the new site.

UPDATE #2 - If your username is already taken on On3 - they will append ".sixpack" to the end. If you want to change it - they can change it for you to something else after the migration is complete.

UPDATE #3 - On3 will be taking a backup of the site sometime this afternoon (between 4 and 6 PM) so posts made after they make the backup will be gone. Your direct messages, username, post count will carry over. Your avatar will not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Conman90

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you go look at the On3 list of fan sites most are free boards and just offer premium content and articles like you would get with 247 or Scout.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Gene’s gonna come out of retirement to moderate the board****

Last edited:

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I'll ask the question we are all wondering.... Will Imissplatinumplus still be allowed to post?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Your **** won't get jacked b/c of an old backend database software.

I think on3 uses xenforo as their message board software which if we remained on our own - it was one of the options to upgrade. The best thing about the new software is will work so much better on a mobile device. And you can paste a twitter link and it automatically inserts the tweet. And you can upload photos with ease.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
No clue what email I used to register back then

If I’m unable to figure this move out…y’all are welcome

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Will the site be called SixPackSpeak powered by ON3 or ON3 powered by SixPackSpeak? **

Also does this mean we’re finally Unofficially Official? **

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Don't know much about Shannon Terry but he fired Yancy's stupid *** so he must be okay.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
View attachment 25403

It had to happen eventually. After the growing/moving pains are over it probably is a better solution.

Any idea how it will work with iPhones/Android browswers?

I would definitely pin the links for account and site troubleshooting on the new page for a while.

Is the trust fund still good or do we need another fund raiser? Just curious.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Just what kind of self loathing ******* creates a new password just to get disproportionately downvoted on every post

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
Congratulations my friend. Very appreciate for all that you have done for us and even more proud to say I know ya.

Godfather is always wise man!!!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This has been better than a sharp stick in the eye.

if this old dog can figure the **** out, I'll see you guys on the other side.