Jaheim Bell in the Portal

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Yeah, this one hurts. Don’t blame him though. Either we didn’t develop him enough to be on the field every play or we completely misused him. When we finally got him in there, it was not at his best position. Hope he has success elsewhere. But losing two TEs today is a big blow.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, this one hurts. Don’t blame him though. Either we didn’t develop him enough to be on the field every play or we completely misused him. When we finally got him in there, it was not at his best position. Hope he has success elsewhere. But losing two TEs today is a big blow.
On the other hand, this could be NIL-driven. There might be "greener" pastures out there. In fact, there are bound to be.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
It is bad, but not unexpected. Remember after one game where he was hardly targeted, his family was tweeting about him in the portal.
Satty is gone. Not sure why he thinks he wouldn't continue to be as involved as he was in the last 2 games. I guess he had already made up his mind by the Florida game.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Satty is gone. Not sure why he thinks he wouldn't continue to be as involved as he was in the last 2 games. I guess he had already made up his mind by the Florida game.
Things had turned for him on the field. I'm suspecting NIL considerations. Where he lands will be a clue, one way or the other.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

That is true. The problem is gone. I'm agreeing that he probably already made up his mind. Throw in some NIL money and he probably already knew his destination too.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Things had turned for him on the field. I'm suspecting NIL considerations. Where he lands will be a clue, one way or the other.
Yeah, but didn’t things turn for him on the field during our bowl game last season? Not to mention he was playing RB…a position he has no future at. I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I just completely understand this move of any move I’ve seen. If he had his mind made up after the Florida game, I can’t blame him. His time to make an impression is limited. Not sure I’d give this staff another opportunity either if I were him. Even with Satterfield gone. Too much at stake.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, but didn’t things turn for him on the field during our bowl game last season? Not to mention he was playing RB…a position he has no future at. I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I just completely understand this move of any move I’ve seen. If he had his mind made up after the Florida game, I can’t blame him. His time to make an impression is limited. Not sure I’d give this staff another opportunity either if I were him. Even with Satterfield gone. Too much at stake.
That game was more consequential than most people know. One day it might be told.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
That is true. The problem is gone. I'm agreeing that he probably already made up his mind. Throw in some NIL money and he probably already knew his destination too.
Florida State fans seem to think he's headed there.

soxtalklife

Joined Nov 11, 2004
Feb 7, 2022
Dang. Another reason to lose interest in college sports. I never blame anyone for doing what they feel is best for them but it's going to get harder and harder to pull for teams where there is an open door policy to exit the program. I imagine all kinds of recruiting was going on for him during the season for other programs as soon as his mom became vocal on Twitter. Again, I appreciate the guy, but these 1-2 year commitments only to jet for the next best thing is getting old very quickly. Saying that, I'm hoping Beamer can poach some better players for us 🙂

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Bell knows what is about to happen. Very good chance we take a big step backwards on offense. He'd rather go somewhere else than deal with starting over on offense.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Huge loss! I know it's a long shot with him announcing so early, but what are the chances a new OC can get him to come back. Would you take him after missing the bowl?
Minimal. Miniscule. Microscopic.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Dang. Another reason to lose interest in college sports. I never blame anyone for doing what they feel is best for them but it's going to get harder and harder to pull for teams where there is an open door policy to exit the program. I imagine all kinds of recruiting was going on for him during the season for other programs as soon as his mom became vocal on Twitter. Again, I appreciate the guy, but these 1-2 year commitments only to jet for the next best thing is getting old very quickly. Saying that, I'm hoping Beamer can poach some better players for us 🙂
Agreed. I can't see spending money for a bowl gameto see a team that's not going to be there.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

Surfcock

Jul 24, 2022
That would be cool to see too. Gotta wonder if there was any kind of tampering for these guys who have already committed to other schools with the portal just opening up yesterday. It’s beyond out of control.

I’m glad I gave up putting in money with my dad for full scholarship, tickets, gas, time and money a few years back

The video of Beamer taking the team to the upper deck, where we sat, shows it means nothing.

A player not seeing the field or if they are a Jr / Sr I can see leaving. NIL now makes commitment on signing day means nothing. NFL players are at least with a team for 3/4 years

Before people say they deserve to go. Ask yourself did you or your kid get the opportunity these guys get with Medical, tutors, housing, nutrition and connections after graduating?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
wow....

Sour grapes and ego are a powerful combination.

Last edited:

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Misused 75% of the season. Have to blame Beamer and Satt for this. Hard to blame him for not wanting to start over. It was clear his family wasn't happy with him being under-used.

Still a chance he stays but I doubt it. Good luck to him.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Misused 75% of the season. Have to blame Beamer and Satt for this. Hard to blame him for not wanting to start over. It was clear his family wasn't happy with him being under-used.

Still a chance he stays but I doubt it. Good luck to him.
I find it hard to wish a player good luck when they decide to leave us for "greener pasture ".
If they didn't play and went to a smaller school to get playing time I understand, but this situation or one like it? No, I hope they don't do well.
Just feels like a betrayal. Just my two cents.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
It can't get worse than this one. He was a Grown Man out there.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
I find it hard to wish a player good luck when they decide to leave us for "greener pasture ".
If they didn't play and went to a smaller school to get playing time I understand, but this situation or one like it? No, I hope they don't do well.
Just feels like a betrayal. Just my two cents.
I have workmates that leave all the time for greener pastures. I sincerely wish them well regardless of when the leave.

I hope Bell stays but if he decides to leave, I will pull for him and wish him the best.

gamecox4982

Jan 21, 2022
Massive gut punch. Devastating.
What exactly is devastating about him leaving? Until he caught the long TD in the Mayo Bowl I had never thought twice about him. His numbers this year didn't prove anything much and we still won 8 games. He was versatile player that maybe was a tad over average but he didn't move the needle that much for me. I was as impressed with Traevon Kenion as I was with Bell

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I have workmates that leave all the time for greener pastures. I sincerely wish them well regardless of when the leave.

I hope Bell stays but if he decides to leave, I will pull for him and wish him the best.
I pull for all the Gamecocks in the NFL and coworkers that leave on good terms, but I can't pull for someone who leaves my family because he likes another one better.
Again it's just my two cents, doesn't mean I'm right.