LoL!!!I'm so thankful that even Joe didn't think Scott was a football coaching prodigy.
LoL!!!I'm so thankful that even Joe didn't think Scott was a football coaching prodigy.
I'm still waiting for a blowhard to answer me about his glasses.You didn’t answer the question besides Tom Bradley told Joe to hire him.
So? Paterno could still have said no.You didn’t answer the question besides Tom Bradley told Joe to hire him.
So? Paterno could still have said no.
That said, I was watching Patton recently, where this quote came up....I have a friend that sells insurance, about 20 years ago he's at a house. The daughter of the people he is seeing comes in with her boyfriend. Parents tell my buddie that if hes a PSU fan he'll know the boyfriend, which he did not. The kid was a starter on the football team. My friend, hes a talker (the dude sells insurance), so he says to the kid.
"Tell me something about the Penn State football team that the average person would never know."
The response, "Every player on the team hates Jay Paterno."
My buddy thought he was joking at first, but by the time he left, he was pretty certain he wasn't.
Patton: I trained these men. They'll do what I tell them to do.British officer: Perhaps we hadn't realized you were quite so popular with your troops, General.Patton: I'm not. They'll do it because they're good soldiers.
That said, I was watching Patton recently, where this quote came up....
You don't have to be liked to be a good general--or a coach. Now that doesn't mean that Jay was a good coach. But a lot of the team also hated Joe too at times, which in many cases (not all) changed after they graduated.
Not sure of your point.So? Paterno could still have said no.
Regardless of what Bradley did or didn’t recommend, JVP was the one who said “Let’s hire Jay.” JVP=CEO.Not sure of your point.
I didn’t bring it up. I merely commented on it: nepotism is bad. Has nothing to do with not asking permission, or re-litigating the issue. Joe wasn’t perfect. It’s not unfair to point out his missteps. And the fact that “other people do it” continues to be irrelevant.It means it isn't worthy of outrage and venom 15 years after the guy left coaching. Father's have hired their sons in college and the NFL...Bob Chesney still has his father around.
All that matters is that Joe thought it was a good idea. Should we still be pissed he didn't ask for our permission?
Darryl Clark was from Ohio - 2-time 1st team all Big10 Qb and also a Big10 offensive MVP…If true, it will be a first. IMO, a nepotism hire that absolutely destroyed our recruiting in Ohio when given that job ( we used to get KIJana Carter, and Jeff Hardings, and Kim Herring, only 3 of the best players PSU ever had from Ohio. He takes over and we get preferred walk-ons like Joe Iorio and O$Us rejects). He then does things like recruits Canadians - remember Francis Claude? No? Neither does anyone else. As a rule, I don’t take anythIng entitled princelings say seriously.
I asked the same thing. No reply, except for tsitsee baby69 and his laughing emoji.Not sure of your point.
BWI Football
Daryus Dixson injury update: What did Matt Campbell say about the Lions' corner on Wednesday?
BWI Football
Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
BWI Recruiting
Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
BWI
Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
BWI Football
How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position