Just to stir the pot…..

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It was the obvious decision. Only total nimrods truly wanted to fire Lemonis last year.

Don’t be influenced in the face of total nimrods. Good life advice.

Back to Selmon, he will be judged by what Jeff Lebby does. He was hired to raise NIL money and be good at football. We can debate all day whether that was the right decision, but that WAS the decision. And as a result, luckily he didn’t cave to total nimrods and fire our first national title winning coach before he should have.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
No. I don't believe for a second that conversation took place.

Now if he can do something about the service at camp house..... I'll call him a genius.
You don’t think our athletic director had a conversation with our head baseball coach regarding his plans for the next season? Please explain.

eta: A good portion of this board had been killing Selmon for not firing Lemonis after last season. It only makes sense he should get some credit now

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
You don’t think our athletic director had a conversation with our head baseball coach regarding his plans for the next season? Please explain.

eta: A good portion of this board had been killing Selmon for not firing Lemonis after last season. It only makes sense he should get some credit now
I don't think this way made public {to my knowledge}so tell us about it please?
Oh, Oh, maybe this is speculation?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No. He won a Natty. It cost a lot of money to fire and hire. It's a gamble to fire and hire. Even Polk had some off years and no natty.

This board is way off on many things. Even though somethings are fun to talk about

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Still listening to the total nimrods

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Of course he deserves credit. Only a Stubborn idiotic Man Child would think differently.

Side note. There are quite a few vocal SIMC's lurking in these parts of the interwebs.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I don't think this way made public {to my knowledge}so tell us about it please?
Oh, Oh, maybe this is speculation?
Why the hell would a conversation between an AD and HC be made public???

Over Half of this board gave Selmon shıt for not firing Lemonis 6 months after taking the job. Those same folks gave Selmon more shıt about hiring Lebby (and continue to do so). No way any of them will give Selmon any credit for retaining Lemonis. They’re WAY too invested in seeing Selmon fail; even if it means State suffers for it.

Some of our “fans” are the worst!!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why the hell would a conversation between an AD and HC be made public???

Over Half of this board gave Selmon shıt for not firing Lemonis 6 months after taking the job. Those same folks gave Selmon more shıt about hiring Lebby (and continue to do so). No way any of them will give Selmon any credit for retaining Lemonis. They’re WAY too invested in seeing Selmon fail; even if it means State suffers for it.

Some of our “fans” are the worst!!
I don’t think this is true. Nobody has an agenda against Selmon. And of those 2 events you listed (keeping Lemonis, and hiring Lebby), most people differ on them.

Last edited:

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Could someone change his damn picture on Wikipedia? I have no idea how to. It's from his Indiana days and looks like he's a creep hiding behind a wall trying to spy on someone.

Last edited:

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Could someone change his damn picture on Wikipedia? I have no idea how to. It's from his Indiana days and looks like he's a creep hiding behind a wall trying to spy on someone.
pennywise stephen king GIF by Maudit

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Our AD listened to our coach’s case that he could turn around our baseball program. He chose to keep him. Changes were made and here we are with a decent chance of hosting a regional. Does Selmon get any credit at all?
Had Selmon been here over a few months, he might have made a change. We'll never really know and that's ok.

Reactions: She Mate Me

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It was the obvious decision. Only total nimrods truly wanted to fire Lemonis last year.

Back to Selmon, he will be judged by what Jeff Lebby does. He was hired to raise NIL money and be good at football. We can debate all day whether that was the right decision, but that WAS the decision. And as a result, luckily he didn’t cave to total nimrods and fire our first national title winning coach before he should have.
I guess you’re a nimrod then, because you were giving Selmon **** all offseason that he didn’t fire Lemonis.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lemonis is just a below average coach.
I’ve often wondered if Lemonis would be better in the pros. He obviously knows how to manage, and knows what projects.

I’m not sure if he knows what type of player it takes to win in college. It’s a niche sport for a reason. The projectable players go pro for a reason, the system is set up for that. Unlike college football, where ALL players have to come to college.

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014

Nimrod here! I did want him fired last year. After those two seasons, I did not think he would be able to turn it around. I was wrong and we now have a shot at hosting.