Khal - Jurrangelo - TBD

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We’re not looking beyond this weekend in terms of pitchers until after Saturday’s game. And I assume we throw Khal in the first game in Hoover.
That would go against Lemonis’s style majorly. I don’t think there’s any way in heck Khal starts in Hoover. My assumption is Dohm.

TBA this weekend is probably depending on if he needs Auger or Pico before Saturday.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That would go against Lemonis’s style majorly. I don’t think there’s any way in heck Khal starts in Hoover. My assumption is Dohm.

TBA this weekend is probably depending on if he needs Auger or Pico before Saturday.
I don’t know Dohm’s status. My point is more that we aren’t holding anyone for our first game in Hoover. It’s win or go home. We don’t need to win the tournament, but it would help our metrics to buy games 33 and 34 against SEC opponents.

I agree with your second point.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t know Dohm’s status. My point is more that we aren’t holding anyone for our first game in Hoover. It’s win or go home. We don’t need to win the tournament, but it would help our metrics to buy games 33 and 34 against SEC opponents.

I agree with your second point.
I think Tuesday will be all hands on deck in terms of bullpen arms. But no, I don’t see Stephen being available. Maybe I’m wrong. But the only time Lemonis has ever done something on short rest like that was with Harding and Bednar in the national championship.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I think Tuesday will be all hands on deck in terms of bullpen arms. But no, I don’t see Stephen being available. Maybe I’m wrong. But the only time Lemonis has ever done something on short rest like that was with Harding and Bednar in the national championship.
Khal will have four full days of rest in between Thursday and Tuesday. So unless he throws a crazy amount of pitches Thursday I would think he would be available Tuesday. I could be wrong.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Khal will have four full days of rest in between Thursday and Tuesday. So unless he throws a crazy amount of pitches Thursday I would think he would be available Tuesday. I could be wrong.
No reason Khal shouldn’t start Tuesday unless he just throws an insane number of pitches on Thursday. We have to play to win every game we can if we want to host. It will be close. If we lose Sunday, Tuesday will be a must win game. Need to go with Pico Sunday.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think at best they’d consider throwing him a couple of innings out of the bullpen. I just don’t see Lemonis going all in for Tuesday in Hoover no matter what happens. He strikes me as the kind of coach that would rather risk having to play on the road than risk possibly burning out his Friday guy for the postseason. He is probably the most conservative coach we’ve ever had in terms of pitcher usage.

I realize we’ve never seen Lemonis coaching an important Hoover game so it’s hard to know for sure. I’m just going off how I’ve typically seen him operate.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
First career start for Jacobi on Thursday. TBD will pitch on Friday and again on Saturday (short rest).
IMG_1540.jpeg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Khal wont throw on Tuesday. He will stay on regular rest. He'll go either Wednesday or even Thursday.

Khal hasnt thrown on 4 days rest all season. They certainly arent going to do that now, for an SEC tournament game.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs