Kyrsten Sinema Just left the Democrat Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If she runs in 2024 as an independent, the Dems will be forced to support her. Otherwise she splits the left faction and the GOP takes the seat. That kooky gal may just be brilliant.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
If she runs in 2024 as an independent, the Dems will be forced to support her. Otherwise she splits the left faction and the GOP takes the seat. That kooky gal may just be brilliant.
She won't win even if they support her. She's lost her base, and it's not close. That play could work in another state, but not hers.

Hell, her poll numbers among Dems are so bad, she may pull more support away from the GOP candidate than the Dem one!

ETA: of course, her throwing the seat to rhe GOP may just be another thing she gladly delivers to her WS donors.

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This is possible but far from definite. Dems in arizona hate her ***, and more than a few gop voters like her. The two other Independents - Bernie & Angus King in Maine - are by and large well liked by Dem voters in their states. Not to mention, they are reliable votes for big-ticket Dem legislative priorities unlike Sinema.

Reactions: Dawgg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
She won't win even if they support her. She's lost her base, and it's not close. That play could work in another state, but not hers.

Hell, her poll numbers among Dems are so bad, she may pull more support away from the GOP candidate than the Dem one!

ETA: of course, her throwing the seat to rhe GOP may just be another thing she gladly delivers to her WS donors.
Jinx

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This is possible but far from definite. Dems in arizona hate her ***, and more than a few gop voters like her. The two other Independents - Bernie & Angus King in Maine - are by and large well liked by Dem voters in their states. Not to mention, they are reliable votes for big-ticket Dem legislative priorities unlike Sinema.
We can't even say *** anymore? What a ******** absolute crock of ******* ********. Hallelujah, holy ****. 17.

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Washington loves gridlock. It means they all get lots of money without doing anything and they can blame it on the other party. Shangri-La for congress members

Traffic Jam Cars GIF by FOALS

• Angry
Reactions: GomJabbar and Dawgg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Reactions: dorndawg

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
There will absolutely be a primary. There has to be, or there's no Dem candidate. The Party can't stop people from running, they can just deny support. She's too unpopular to win as an independent. The Party will not support her, there would be a revolt if they did. She can play spoiler, that's it.

The thing about her that will slip by, cause merica, is that she hasn't even attempted to do anything on any issue that she could say puts her at odds with Dems, other than help her rich donors.
I'm not sure how you can say that she hasn't done anything on any issue that puts her at odds with Dems. She's been a huge thorn in their side. (On the issue of the fillibuster, expanding/packing SCOTUS, Build Back Better, etc.)

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Two possibilities:

She's not crazy, and this is all a very cynical, deliberate sell out to Wall Street. She won't run again, and will pick from cushy Board appointments, speaking gigs, and punditry.

She's full of herself and thinks she's the next John McCain, and doesn't realize all she's doing is pissing off everyone. If she actually runs for reelection, her loss will be epic.
She just told Liz Cheney to hold her beer.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I'm not sure how you can say that she hasn't done anything on any issue that puts her at odds with Dems. She's been a huge thorn in their side. (On the issue of the fillibuster, expanding/packing SCOTUS, Build Back Better, etc.)
Representing WS. Whenever she said X was an issue, and Dems gave her what she wanted, she'd say no Y is the issue. Rinse and repeat. She has been vaguely against whatever WS didn't want, and never tried to act in good faith to negotiate. She would even say she was against things that she supported in the past, and gave no reason why.

Reactions: MSUGUY

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
We can't even say *** anymore? What a ******** absolute crock of ******* ********. Hallelujah, holy ****. 17.
I can't believe they let 17 slide. Maybe we need rules for all the ******* cusswords.

"Holy 19!" "Get your soft 23 out of here, DJ!"

Reactions: dorndawg

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
What I am getting from reading this thread. First, I must say I am shocked it has been open this long I mean usually this would turn into oh yeah your an idiot by now. Second, a politician with their hand out. That is so shocking, her desire is money and trust me I know a thing or two about desire. It is amazing that congress has become a place for people who could not function at any other job to enrich themselves. Bobert, MTG, AOC come to mind and I am sure I am leaving out plenty.

dfafaf.gif

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'd hit it.
She rides both sides of the fence in everything she does in life.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What I am getting from reading this thread. First, I must say I am shocked it has been open this long I mean usually this would turn into oh yeah your an idiot by now. Second, a politician with their hand out. That is so shocking, her desire is money and trust me I know a thing or two about desire. It is amazing that congress has become a place for people who could not function at any other job to enrich themselves. Bobert, MTG, AOC come to mind and I am sure I am leaving out plenty.

View attachment 276709
Hey, it's good work if you can get it.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Let's rank KS with some of the congressional hotties we all know and love (to hate in some cases.)

Attachments

• boebar1430544867-4x3-1.jpg
    boebar1430544867-4x3-1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 5
  • nancymace.jpg
    nancymace.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ashley hinson.jpg
    ashley hinson.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 6
  • mtg.jpg
    mtg.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 6
  • aoc-mc-1221.jpg
    aoc-mc-1221.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 5
  • sinema.jpg
    sinema.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5
  • pelosi.jpg
    pelosi.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 5

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

View attachment 276709
AOC doesn't deserve to be on that list. That's uncharacteristically shoddy work from you there, Beez. Plenty of Dems deserve to be on that list, but anyone who actually listens to her would know she doesn't.

That "centrists" clearly aren't motivated by their actual politics is something some of us have been banging our heads on the wall trying to get through to normal people for years. Sinema is just the latest in a long line taking advantage of the contradiction that what this country actually needs and what people want is more left wing policy, but they don't want liberalism to have been right. Being tougher on people in need, meaner to minorities, and rewarding rich people is what people want to work, and they can't come to grips with the reality of it not working.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
AOC doesn't deserve to be on that list. That's uncharacteristically shoddy work from you there, Beez. Plenty of Dems deserve to be on that list, but anyone who actually listens to her would know she doesn't.

That "centrists" clearly aren't motivated by their actual politics is something some of us have been banging our heads on the wall trying to get through to normal people for years. Sinema is just the latest in a long line taking advantage of the contradiction that what this country actually needs and what people want is more left wing policy, but they don't want liberalism to have been right. Being tougher on people in need, meaner to minorities, and rewarding rich people is what people want to work, and they can't come to grips with the reality of it not working.
So AOC has not used her position in enrich herself? I am genuinely asking, because from what I have seen that is exactly what she has done, but I could be totally wrong that is not something unusual for me. Also I take no stance on what people want in terms of left wing policy, I happen to think there is good policy on both sides maybe more on the left in your opinion. You are obviously a liberal I would gather? I ask not to out you or shame you but I would imagine the supporters of Bobert or MTG would give me the same argument about them in terms of listening to her and all. Truth be told I am not a big fan of really any politicians. They are kind of like grizzly bears to me, the less time I spend around them the better off I will be.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
AOC, Hinson and Sinema. Boebert's not bad but she's monumentally stupid and crazy. Same with MGT who also looks like someone who transitioned a few years ago. Well, AOC doesn't seem all that bright either.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So AOC has not used her position in enrich herself? I am genuinely asking, because from what I have seen that is exactly what she has done, but I could be totally wrong that is not something unusual for me. Also I take no stance on what people want in terms of left wing policy, I happen to think there is good policy on both sides maybe more on the left in your opinion. You are obviously a liberal I would gather? I ask not to out you or shame you but I would imagine the supporters of Bobert or MTG would give me the same argument about them in terms of listening to her and all. Truth be told I am not a big fan of really any politicians. They are kind of like grizzly bears to me, the less time I spend around them the better off I will be.
I don't know if she has or not, but that's not what you said.

" It is amazing that congress has become a place for people who could not function at any other job to enrich themselves."

I'm sure those people would, but they would be obviously wrong. Right or wrong, she's clearly intelligent, and MTG and Bohbert are clearly not. Smart people aren't always right of course!

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I don't know if she has or not, but that's not what you said.

" It is amazing that congress has become a place for people who could not function at any other job to enrich themselves."

I'm sure those people would, but they would be obviously wrong. Right or wrong, she's clearly intelligent, and MTG and Bohbert are clearly not. Smart people aren't always right of course!
First, let me say it is refreshing to have a conversation that does devolve in to name calling or something dumb. I am sure all three could find other employment so I guess the point I was trying to make was there are not many other places where they could have the level of notoriety they enjoy or potential for income. That is true of many other politicians on both sides both male and female. Again thank you for a thoughtful retort to my insanity.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
Representing WS. Whenever she said X was an issue, and Dems gave her what she wanted, she'd say no Y is the issue. Rinse and repeat. She has been vaguely against whatever WS didn't want, and never tried to act in good faith to negotiate. She would even say she was against things that she supported in the past, and gave no reason why.
"WS" = Wall Street? Are you suggesting that Sinema is uniquely beholden to Wall Street? Because it appears to me that both parties are happy to "listen" to Wall Street and take the contributions.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I vote Repub not because I'm in love with the party as a whole, I just think they are the lesser of the two evils. Our Constitution built on the theme of indvidual liberty and the right to pursue happiness created the greatest country in world history and improved the human condition on a global scale the likes never seen nor even dreamed of yet flag burning and kneeling to our National Anthem seems so in vogue today unfortunately. I find it amazing that someone in Scotland over 200 years ago said this but we brush it off as something that doesn't deserve attention:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”​

― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Reactions: Indognito

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
There will absolutely be a primary. There has to be, or there's no Dem candidate. The Party can't stop people from running, they can just deny support. She's too unpopular to win as an independent. The Party will not support her, there would be a revolt if they did. She can play spoiler, that's it.

The thing about her that will slip by, cause merica, is that she hasn't even attempted to do anything on any issue that she could say puts her at odds with Dems, other than help her rich donors.
That isn't true, she's put herself as a spoiler for dems several times giving her tremendous leverage over legislation, and she's obviously enjoyed that kingmaker status. Along the way she's pulled gobs of money in doing so. She's going to do more of that I think, to position herself as a moderate alternative to whatever the Dems and Republicans have coming out of the primary. this would have made more sense to me for Manchin to do than Sinema, and they're both up in 2024, so don't count it out.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
That isn't true, she's put herself as a spoiler for dems several times giving her tremendous leverage over legislation, and she's obviously enjoyed that kingmaker status. Along the way she's pulled gobs of money in doing so. She's going to do more of that I think, to position herself as a moderate alternative to whatever the Dems and Republicans have coming out of the primary. this would have made more sense to me for Manchin to do than Sinema, and they're both up in 2024, so don't count it out.
She put herself as a spoiler......against legislation that WS didn't want. She hasn't said a peep literally about anything else. Even things she claimed she was fiercely for before she was elected.

The difference between "moderate" and "centrist", is the moderate has actual
Independent principles and beliefs. If they agree with a bill, they vote for it, rather it passes 100-0 or fails 99-1. A centrist puts themselves in the center, no matter the question. If Biden and a GOP House work out a deal, no matter what it is a centrist will want their pound of flesh, and always in Wall Street's favor.

She absolutely can play spooler. Not hard when races get decided by a point or two. But it would not be a play in WS's favor, so they will tell her to bow out. It will be so transparent and so repugnant that it may spur reform. WS can't have that.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
"WS" = Wall Street? Are you suggesting that Sinema is uniquely beholden to Wall Street? Because it appears to me that both parties are happy to "listen" to Wall Street and take the contributions.
Not uniquely, no. All of the GOP and at least half the Dems are in the tank for WS. She's just more brazen about it. Or dumb about it.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I vote Repub not because I'm in love with the party as a whole, I just think they are the lesser of the two evils. Our Constitution built on the theme of indvidual liberty and the right to pursue happiness created the greatest country in world history and improved the human condition on a global scale the likes never seen nor even dreamed of yet flag burning and kneeling to our National Anthem seems so in vogue today unfortunately. I find it amazing that someone in Scotland over 200 years ago said this but we brush it off as something that doesn't deserve attention:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”​

― Alexander Fraser Tytler
So did the printing press. It's been improved on by now if you haven't noticed. Those that don't move forward, fall behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.