yes, the first technical in that game is likely the worst call I've seen in any sport. and yeah, that's a mouthful I know....The first one in that game is one of the craziest techs I've ever seen and there isn't even a way to rationalize it.
At least that one you could make a really flimsy case that he looked at the guy for .3 seconds after dunking
I've always wondered about this. It's not like basketball is some fancy sport like Golf or Polo. Why is it such a big deal if they have a little fun but it's cool for football.On football field that's every single tackle made and it's ok. But by god if a basketball player has some fun no sir. I think it's ********. If players don't want to get celebrated on then don't get dunked on. Just my feelings.
I could make arguments in a lot of directions. Can't let these kids have too much fun either wayI've always wondered about this. It's not like basketball is some fancy sport like Golf or Polo. Why is it such a big deal if they have a little fun but it's cool for football.
I don't even know if the La Tech player was even celebrating. The other player slides on the ground underneath him and as he comes down from his dunk he is looking at the ground to make sure he doesn't land on the guy. He didn't appear to say anything or gesture in any way towards the opponent on the floor. He just looked in his direction, briefly, and then turn around.On football field that's every single tackle made and it's ok. But by god if a basketball player has some fun no sir. I think it's ********. If players don't want to get celebrated on then don't get dunked on. Just my feelings.
Speaking of TV Teddy, I saw bits of a couple of Duke vs UNC games on ESPN classics last week and he was reffing both games. K was arguing a call that one of his guys got fouled and TV shot right back “no he didn’t!” several times. In the other game K was trying to step out of the box and TV kept moving in front of K so he couldn’t talk to his players and was telling him to “back up!” I wish other refs would stand up to K like he did.Must of been higginH, tv teddy or that other numbnutz that thinks it about him vs the game
On football field that's every single tackle made and it's ok. But by god if a basketball player has some fun no sir. I think it's ********. If players don't want to get celebrated on then don't get dunked on. Just my feelings.
It was bad but nothing will beat Snells ejection in terms for worst call ever.yes, the first technical in that game is likely the worst call I've seen in any sport. and yeah, that's a mouthful I know....
KSR Football
FEBU: The Kentucky Motto Driving the Wildcats to Defy Doubters
KSR Football
Lane Kiffin talked himself out of fourth down attempt to ice the game in loss to Kentucky
KSR Football
Will Stein dedicates Kentucky's win over LSU to the fans: 'This was for Big Blue Nation'
KSR Football
Déjà Vu? Kenny Minchey Breaks Down the Game-Winning Two-Point Play
KSR Football
Rapid Reaction: An All-Time Night as Kentucky Topples LSU in Overtime