LA vax mandate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Same here. Have friends who are doctors and nurses in multiple cities. Not one has said they’ve had issues with limited beds.

I realize that but I’m attending a sporting event to get away from everything else and enjoy football, not have a swab stuck up my nose. What happens when I buy a ticket to the game, spend $50 on gas to get there, pay for a test and get a false positive? It’s not uncommon. Will I get refunded? I doubt it. And if I have more anti bodies than a vaccinated person (the whole reason for the vaccine) why should I be tested and not the vaccinated? The whole purpose of the test is to catch positive cases, something even you admitted a vaccinated person can be.

Most people are sick and tired of putting up with these ridiculous mandates that make absolutely no sense. I’d rather attend an away game and not deal with the headache of LA. Very unfortunate because I enjoyed the coliseum atmosphere.
Well, we all have the right to decide what is important to us and what we will patronize. Let the market decide. I'm guessing people won't have a problem meeting the requirements when it comes to watching the Dodgers. Fight on!

Nate Doggg

Aug 24, 2017
"Thuh mediuh" isn't coming up with the numbers. The HOSPITALS are reporting these numbers. Just because "you know a guy" doesn't make your anecdote more valid than the statistics. There are other people on this thread citing wives/relatives in the health care field with different perspectives on Covid than the people you know. We can all claim what we have been told/heard from people we know. But the numbers are the numbers. They come from the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC and are based on what individual hospitals are reporting.

Hahaha - yeah i know you're a media sheep and believe everything you read. You do realize that hospitals get paid more if they report people as COVID patients, right? Fact is, both @Gr8ythunter and I literally live in the state and have a pretty good pulse of what's actually going on in our state and we're both seeing and hearing the same thing from people who are actually at the hospitals. You provided a link to a CNN article earlier in this thread - without any sense of irony. And the reason is because you really have no clue and just regurgitate left wing talking points because you clearly don't have the capacity to think for yourself or do your own research. Probably why you were so against Lane Kiffin being fired here years ago - you simply tow the company line and rely on the corrupt media to do your thinking for you. Hell, you probably believed and regurgitated the fake 60 Minutes hit piece on DeSantis. It's pretty sad honestly.

Last edited:

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
Ummmmm those aren't "rebuttal articles" Those articles reflecting the situation at a more recent date. (And I had already acknowledged in my post that things had improved in the last few weeks.) The fact that hospitals are showing declines, now, doesn't mean there wasn't an urgent capacity problem in Florida. (And part of the reason for the improvement is due to an increase in vaccinations and, of course, the fact that the virus had already raged through Florida.) In your own link, it states: "By comparison, Florida had 15,177 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 on Sept. 1. " So yeah, congrats on the decline, but that doesn't mean Florida hospitals weren't at or near capacity, just last month. That would be like me claiming there was never a crisis at the border because the surge that was there last month has subsided. Sheesh!

As of Aug. 30, 95% of Florida's ICU beds were occupied. The news comes as hospitals across the state are reporting ICUs at or above capacity, with at least nine Central Florida hospitals out of bed space.
the link to show a decline. Florida has not had mandates in a long time. Everyone said we were going to die .... however, Florida is still a pain in the Govt.'s a$$ when it comes to covidspeak.

And here is something for your stats. My Mom fell down (she is 90), so I took her to the hospital.
She was given a covid test in the ER .... negative.
After some tests they were going to release her the following day ..... however, they gave her a covid test (their policy to release patients) and she was positive. So they kept her. Now she has every single risk factor associated with covid, but no symptoms. Wasn't in the ICU, and my conversations with her Dr. said they were not treating her with any drugs, ... they were just going to 'watch ' her. This was about a year ago. I could not visit her but could speak to her on the phone. She said she felt fine.
Thankfully, I got her out of the hospital and back home where is is doing fine.

I seem to remember reading about hospitals getting $ for each covid case. I wonder if she was part of the stats

Last edited:

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Hahaha - yeah i know you're a media sheep and believe everything you read. You do realize that hospitals get paid more if they report people as COVID patients, right? Fact is, both @Gr8ythunter and I literally live in the state and have a pretty good pulse of what's actually going on in our state and we're both seeing and hearing the same thing from people who are actually at the hospitals. You provided a link to a CNN article earlier in this thread - without any sense of irony. And the reason is because you really have no clue and just regurgitate left wing talking points because you clearly don't have the capacity to think for yourself or do your own research. Probably why you were so against Lane Kiffin being fired here years ago - you simply tow the company line and rely on the corrupt media to do your thinking for you. Hell, you probably believed and regurgitated the fake 60 Minutes hit piece on DeSantis. It's pretty sad honestly.
50,000+ yes or no

Nate Doggg

Aug 24, 2017
the link to show a decline. Florida has not had mandates in a long time. Everyone said we were going to die .... however, Florida is still a pain the Govt.'s a$$ when it comes to covidspeak.

And here is something for your stats. My Mom fell down (she is 90), so I took her to the hospital.
After some tests they were going to release her the following day ..... however, they gave her a covid test (their policy to release patients) and she was positive. So they kept her. Now she has every single risk factor associated with covid, but no symptoms. Wasn't in the ICU, and my conversations with her Dr. said they were not treating her with any drugs, ... they were just going to 'watch ' her. This was about a year ago. I could not visit her but could speak to her on the phone. She said she felt fine.

I seem to remember reading something about hospitals getting $ for each covid case they had, but I could be incorrect on that.
Glad you're mother is doing well. And, yes, hospitals get much more $$ for listing patients as "COVID".

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Florida reports 50,000 dead from covid, is that the truth? From the sounds of the posters there is no problem at all

Nate Doggg

Aug 24, 2017
Florida reports 50,000 dead from covid, is that the truth? From the sounds of the posters there is no problem at all
50,000 people have been LISTED as having died WITH covid. Yes that's true.

Do I believe that 50,000 people have actually died from covid here? Eh - probably not. There's been enough shenanigans to think that number is a bit lower. California has reported over 70,000 deaths. I'm not in California, so I don't have a feel of what's going on there. So I make no mention of them and their accuracy. But here, in Florida, the numbers have been cooked upwards in enough instances (plus what I've heard from actual doctors and nurses in the hospitals that are supposedly being overrun) that I think the listed number is higher than the real number.

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017

SoCal42

Aug 24, 2017
Exactly…let the people decide, not a few politicians like LA is doing. I’ve literally travelled this country in my car from coast to coast this summer, thanks to working remote. Only three spots have pushed fear on their residents…..LA, Chicago and DC. Everywhere else was wide open.

You’ve never answered any of my questions about natural immunity or the fallacy of logic in these vaccine mandates. I don’t expect you to, either.
The rest of the country is moving on from the fear mongering, LA should try it.

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021
My relative works at Cedar said things getting better but almost all patients on ventilator were under 30 & unvaccinated. He said staff getting exhausted. Most fans at Rams masked while in line but once in SoFi not. Older fans tended to wear mask
Can you give us more information? That doesn't make sense compared with most of the other reports and stats we have heard. How many are we talking about? Where'd they come from? What are their underlying issues? Is this some variant or is it COVID-19? You know the list... I'm sure they are after a year and a half of this...

Nate Doggg

Aug 24, 2017

ConquerorSC

Oct 15, 2018
How strict is getting into USC game , hotels, & restaurants without a vax card?

Don’t want to start a political thread. We just would like to know these answers since we’re coming to the Arizona game, staying in LA, & are not vaccinated.

thanks
How strict is getting into USC game , hotels, & restaurants without a vax card?

Don’t want to start a political thread. We just would like to know these answers since we’re coming to the Arizona game, staying in LA, & are not vaccinated.

thanks
there’s a ton of misinformation out there keeping people from getting the vaccine, which at this point has been studied in a huge human sample size.
it’s not a bad idea at all to believe in science and the experts who have dedicated their lives to public health. Get the vaccine and you’ll be helping to stop the spread of this pandemic.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
The local ICU’s near me are not full. It’s my job to check on a regular basis. They were overfull in January and into early February this year.

The biggest problem we are facing right now is a shortage of paramedics and nurses. Paramedic and nursing schools were closed nearly all of last year and into this year. We are often seeing 30+ minute ambulance response times, and are often getting BLS ambulances (no paramedic), meaning we have to send our paramedics to the hospital with the patient, with the fire engine following up.

When we get to the hospital, we have another problem. We cannot leave the patient until we transfer care to a nurse, which can take quite a while (sometimes more than an hour) for one to become available because of the shortage. Both the fire engine and the ambulance are out of service until then.

Now these health care workers, who were on the front lines during the bulk of the pandemic and were being called heroes, are being vilified and fired for not trusting the vaccine enough to put it in their body. If the vaccination mandate is fully implemented, the shortage is going to go beyond critical.

I’m not against the vaccine, I was vaccinated in January. But vaccine mandates are having severe consequences that aren’t being talked about.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
the link to show a decline. Florida has not had mandates in a long time. Everyone said we were going to die .... however, Florida is still a pain in the Govt.'s a$$ when it comes to covidspeak.

I seem to remember reading about hospitals getting $ for each covid case. I wonder if she was part of the stats
Yes -- the links shows decline. A decline from what? ICUs at full capacity. And one of the reasons for the decline is a spike in the vaccination rate in response to the chaos caused by Covid in FL.

And, at half the population of CA, FL still has as many hospitalizations after the decline.

I'm glad your mother is doing well and if she had it last year it probably wasn't the Delta variant. So, I guess if your mom is fine that means there is no problem and all the hospitals are lying. Got it!

Reactions: ConquerorSC

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Exactly…let the people decide, not a few politicians like LA is doing. I’ve literally travelled this country in my car from coast to coast this summer, thanks to working remote. Only three spots have pushed fear on their residents…..LA, Chicago and DC. Everywhere else was wide open.

You’ve never answered any of my questions about natural immunity or the fallacy of logic in these vaccine mandates. I don’t expect you to, either.
The rest of the country is moving on from the fear mongering, LA should try it.
The people are deciding. The owners set their policies and you can decide if you want to patronize them or not. I answered your question about the natural immunity. If you're immune you should have no problem taking the test. And natural immunity starts to wear off after 6 months.

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
Yes -- the links shows decline. A decline from what? ICUs at full capacity. And one of the reasons for the decline is a spike in the vaccination rate in response to the chaos caused by Covid in FL.

And, at half the population of CA, FL still has as many hospitalizations after the decline.

I'm glad your mother is doing well and if she had it last year it probably wasn't the Delta variant. So, I guess if your mom is fine that means there is no problem and all the hospitals are lying. Got it!
Holy smokes ....
Now just a question ... is Hydroxychloroquine an effective drug against covid ? A simple yes or no would suffice

ConquerorSC

Oct 15, 2018
I’m not against the vaccine, I was vaccinated in January. But vaccine mandates are having severe consequences that aren’t being talked about.
Severe consequences: people continuing to refuse vaccines that have been extensively proven to protect the populace from severe Covid-19 symptoms that can nip Covid in the bud and continuing the spread of the virus, thus killing more adults and kids, are the true “severe consequences.” This, largely due to an incredible amount of misinformation propping up anti-vaxxers via social media.

Last edited:

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
science.gifresearch.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ConquerorSC

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
The local ICU’s near me are not full. It’s my job to check on a regular basis. They were overfull in January and into early February this year.

The biggest problem we are facing right now is a shortage of paramedics and nurses. Paramedic and nursing schools were closed nearly all of last year and into this year. We are often seeing 30+ minute ambulance response times, and are often getting BLS ambulances (no paramedic), meaning we have to send our paramedics to the hospital with the patient, with the fire engine following up.

When we get to the hospital, we have another problem. We cannot leave the patient until we transfer care to a nurse, which can take quite a while (sometimes more than an hour) for one to become available because of the shortage. Both the fire engine and the ambulance are out of service until then.

Now these health care workers, who were on the front lines during the bulk of the pandemic and were being called heroes, are being vilified and fired for not trusting the vaccine enough to put it in their body. If the vaccination mandate is fully implemented, the shortage is going to go beyond critical.

The issue with healthcare workers is complicated. I've been in healthcare for almost 50 years, mostly in the hospital sector, and it is truly scary that a certain portion of healthcare workers will not take the vaccine, especially healthcare workers who have personally taken care of Covid patients. I don't question their right to make the decision on personal grounds but I do question, knowing what they know about Covid, whether they are truly competent to take care of these patients, or any other patients for that matter, going forward. I certainly wouldn't want them taking care of me or my family.

By way of personal experience, I worked in critical care/coronary care for a number of years. When I started, I was a chain smoker. The medical director, a cardiologist, finally had enough of me and told me in no uncertain terms that if I was to continue working there, I would have to quit smoking, not for MY personal well-being but the fact that he did not want me to go into any cardiac patient's room smelling like cigarette smoke. I made the sacrifice and never looked back. To me, if front-line healthcare workers are truly serious about their jobs like I was, they should be willing to make a similar sacrifice. If not, they are perfectly free not to be front-line healthcare workers. Is there a price to be paid? Absolutely as you aptly illustrated, but is that enough to be blackmailed into doing away with the vaccine mandate for font-line healthcare workers? Personally, I think not.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
enough said. You just keep on tuning into MSNBC, ... it'll all be ok
I don't watch MSNBC. Be sure to keep getting all your medical advice from Alex Jones.
going off alex jones GIF

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
is that enough to be blackmailed into doing away with the vaccine mandate for font-line healthcare workers?
They are not threatening to walk off the job, they just don’t want the vaccine forced into them. That is not blackmail. They are being fired if they don’t. That IS blackmail. The vaccine mandate should not be implemented in the first place. And the price to be paid that you mentioned is being paid by the citizens, not the politicians who pass down these edicts on them. And mostly by people with serious medical emergencies.

The nurses and paramedics are the ones being blackmailed. Get the vaccine or lose the ability to feed your family. It’s difficult to see that as anything but tyranny.

ConquerorSC

Oct 15, 2018
I would be interested to know if Anti-body Dependent Enhancement is a real problem going forward for the vaccinated
You do realize that ADE can also happen and is much more likely to occur if an unvaccinated person gets the SARS-CoV-2 virus (which causes COVID-19), right? The vast, overwhelming majority of public health and epidemiology experts have stated that they are confident in the safety of the existing vaccines.
It makes me laugh that so many self-described “fReEthINkerS” actually believe they know better (and more) from watching YouTube vids and reading misinformation on dubious, self-serving, circle jerk websites than scientists and experts who have dedicated a huge part of their adult lives to genuinely understanding how diseases and disease-preventions/interventions work.

Last edited:

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
You do realize that ADE can also happen and is much more likely to occur if an unvaccinated person gets the SARS-CoV-2 virus (which causes COVID-19), right? The vast, overwhelming majority of public health and epidemiology experts have stated that they are confident in the safety of the existing vaccines.
It makes me laugh that so many self-described “fReEthINkerS” actually believe they know better (and more) from watching YouTube vids and reading misinformation on dubious, self-serving, circle jerk websites than scientists and experts who have dedicated a huge part of their adult lives to genuinely understanding how diseases and disease-preventions/interventions work.
Well then perhaps you should answer these questions -
Does getting vax'd prevent you from getting or spreading covid ? yes or no
Does a mask prevent you from getting covid ? yes or no

I know ... I know like aimee ... you don't know

Reactions: SoCal42

SoCal42

Aug 24, 2017
The people are deciding. The owners set their policies and you can decide if you want to patronize them or not. I answered your question about the natural immunity. If you're immune you should have no problem taking the test. And natural immunity starts to wear off after 6 months.
No, the politicians that said they can’t mandate anyone to take a vaccine are now bullying private business to force it on people. Biden, Pelosi, Fauci, all are on record saying they would NOT mandate a vaccine or that it was even legal to do so. LA is following along party lines and doubling down without evidence or reasoning.
And getting a test isn’t an answer to WHY I need to test while someone with a vaccine doesn’t have to. You’re dodging the ACTUAL question because you can’t honestly answer it without going against your narrative. Immunity doesn’t mean you can’t test positive. A vaccinated person can test positive just as easily as someone with natural immunity.
Science is showing natural immunity lasts longer than the vaccine. Many are seeing signs of anti body decline after 3 months from the vaccine shot, hence the booster. A person who got the vaccine in January may not have enough anti bodies to protect themselves. Should they be allowed in because they have a card? What if I gained my natural immunity a month ago? According to your logic, I’m good for another 5 months. Again, your argument doesn’t hold. I know I’m not going to convince you, you’ve taken a side and no matter how wrong it is, you’re in it too deep to give any. I’m just disappointed in the school. They’re not “saving lives” or “doing the right thing”…they’re just following insane policy that will further hold them back from getting back to normal. It’s creating unnecessary burdens and expenses on individuals to attend a football game. Turn on the tv and look at every other stadium in the country and you’ll see they’re packed.

Enjoy your day. Fight On✌🏼

ConquerorSC

Oct 15, 2018
Buddyyy. Lol. It sounds like you don’t know much about SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes, COVID-19. I’m not sure why, but I get a tiny little hint that you think your framing of the issue is smart or clever, along with your ensuing questions. Not so, mein freund...not so.
“Does getting vaccinated prevent you from getting Covid,” you innocently ask? First of all, not sure if you’ve heard of the “CDC.gov” website, but it’s information is superb!
Answer: vaccinated folks are less likely to contract SARS-CoV-2 (the virus) in the first place and also less likely to spread it. The relatively few vaccinated individuals that get a “breakthrough” virus, such as the more communicable Delta Variant (which can end up becoming COVID-19 for those persons), have a much higher percentage of never developing serious symptoms compared to un-vaxxed people, “especially severe illness and death” (straight from — you guessed it! — that snazzy CDC website).
As far as masks, there are some great, reputable websites that have done peer reviewed tests on what types of masks actually work (hint: not those Don’t Tread on Me neck gaiters or face shields) and N95, KN95, FFP2 masks all provide great protection...heck, even a good quality surgical mask provides exceptional protection vs no mask at all. Yet...you can go do your own research. These reputable studies on masks are not hard to find with basic research skills.

Just a little note for next time: Stop wasting our time with already debunked misinformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: aimeedee

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017

I didn't say I don't know to those questions. I told you getting vaxxed doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading Covid, but it does make it less likely. I don't know why you feel the need to keep repeating the question when you've already been given the answer.

TroyInception

Jul 4, 2020
I didn't say I don't know to those questions. I told you getting vaxxed doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading Covid, but it does make it less likely. I don't know why you feel the need to keep repeating the question when you've already been given the answer.
Blah, blah, blah… respect people’s OWN decisions, period.
And I’m not interested in your neurosis response. That’s your issue.
Go Trojans!

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
No, the politicians that said they can’t mandate anyone to take a vaccine are now bullying private business to force it on people. Biden, Pelosi, Fauci, all are on record saying they would NOT mandate a vaccine or that it was even legal to do so. LA is following along party lines and doubling down without evidence or reasoning.
And getting a test isn’t an answer to WHY I need to test while someone with a vaccine doesn’t have to. You’re dodging the ACTUAL question because you can’t honestly answer it without going against your narrative. Immunity doesn’t mean you can’t test positive. A vaccinated person can test positive just as easily as someone with natural immunity.
Science is showing natural immunity lasts longer than the vaccine. Many are seeing signs of anti body decline after 3 months from the vaccine shot, hence the booster. A person who got the vaccine in January may not have enough anti bodies to protect themselves. Should they be allowed in because they have a card? What if I gained my natural immunity a month ago? According to your logic, I’m good for another 5 months. Again, your argument doesn’t hold. I know I’m not going to convince you, you’ve taken a side and no matter how wrong it is, you’re in it too deep to give any. I’m just disappointed in the school. They’re not “saving lives” or “doing the right thing”…they’re just following insane policy that will further hold them back from getting back to normal. It’s creating unnecessary burdens and expenses on individuals to attend a football game. Turn on the tv and look at every other stadium in the country and you’ll see they’re packed.

Enjoy your day. Fight On✌🏼
No, private businesses should be allowed to set whatever policy they want. The politicians bullying businesses are the ones making laws prohibiting private businesses from having mask/vaccine requirements.

Yes, the vaccine will require boosters. So what? The immunity from the illness loses its effectiveness after 6 months. So you'll either need a vaccine or take your chances getting infected again. And good luck with more virulent strains.

Turn on your TV on Tuesday and tell me how the Dodgers game attendance is with vaccine requirements.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
California voted for the covid safety guy. Actually twice. Vaxxers are not vocal, but are the majority by far. There are a lot of people going to games who appreciate the extra safety. They have rights too

Reactions: aimeedee

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017

I'll answer it because unlike most of the people you are baiting, I'm actually a healthcare professional.

Getting vaxed or wearing a mask does NOT prevent you from getting or spreading Covid. A certain percentage are going to get and spread Covid no matter whether or not they are vaxed or masked. The real question intelligent people ask is what is the degree of reduction of contagion and spread as a result of vaxing and masking RELATIVE TO the cost and societal impact of vaxing and masking. It's not a trick question nor can it be answered with a simple yes or no answer.

Go.

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
1) You've seen no data that proves this assertion? Try upgrading the binoculars: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/15/health/cdc-covid-risk-higher-unvaccinated/index.html
2) Hospitals are being overrun by un-vaccinated people, to the detriment of everyone else. It becomes society's problem.
3) Without herd immunity, we are all at risk for more virulent strains.
1) CNN lol. Didn't they get caught lying about Joe Rogan recently?

2) I'll take my chances with natural immunity: "A new study out of Israel has seemingly confirmed that individuals who have natural immunity have better protection against the NEW DELTA VARIANT than people who are fully vaccinated."

3) You DO realise the definition of "unvaccinated" includes people who have received both shots, right? To hear of the unvaccinated being hospitalized is misleading as we are rarely told if the person had received 1 or both shots or if the shots themselves had anything to do with the hospitalization itself.

4) You also realize that vaccination is not the only path to "heard immunity" and that it's also reached via natural immunity, right?

5) As for those "more virulent strains", you also realize that the vaccines currently offered only protect us (allegedly) from the WUHAN strain which has since mutated to the DELTA variant, right? In effect, you act as a cheerleader for vaccine that is ineffective against the variant the world now currently deals with.

Upgrade your own binoculars. Or maybe buy a pair first.

SoCal42

Aug 24, 2017
No, private businesses should be allowed to set whatever policy they want. The politicians bullying businesses are the ones making laws prohibiting private businesses from having mask/vaccine requirements.

Yes, the vaccine will require boosters. So what? The immunity from the illness loses its effectiveness after 6 months. So you'll either need a vaccine or take your chances getting infected again. And good luck with more virulent strains.

Turn on your TV on Tuesday and tell me how the Dodgers game attendance is with vaccine requirements.
And other scientific studies say natural immunity may never go away. We can play that game all day.

Enjoy the nanny state being created in California. As someone else said, please don’t respond. You only regurgitate the same responses without actually answering simple questions.

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
The real question intelligent people ask is what is the degree of reduction of contagion and spread as a result of vaxing and masking RELATIVE TO the cost and societal impact of vaxing and masking. It's not a trick question nor can it be answered with a simple yes or no answer.

Go.
Your question seems to have been answered somewhat by an Israeli study: "A new study out of Israel has seemingly confirmed that individuals who have natural immunity have better protection against the NEW DELTA VARIANT than people who are fully vaccinated."

IF those who have natural immunity are better protected than those who have been vaccinated, then your question may have its answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts