Last night's victory was largely due to 4 transfers

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Khal Stephens
Nate Dohm
Tyler Davis
Connor Hujsak

I know people were melting down last year when we didn't get Montgomery & Holman, but I think overall Lemonis has done a great job finding talent in the portal. He's also found Amani Larry, RJ Yeager & Colton Ledbetter. So while we havent landed some of the "big name" transfers, we have brought in some incredible talent.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Let's see....

3B/SS/2B should be set with Cupp, Mershon, and Pulliam
Chance will hold down one OF spot, and McKenzie probably gets another.
You've got a couple of other young guys on the roster that will have a say in the OF as well, plus guys like Aaron Downs, not to mention the Chesters of the world.
I have no idea what pitching looks like, as you have several draft-eligible juniors (in eligibility, not necessarily on the roster page) who could play a key role if they come back. Auger would be a prime example, and Dohm another.

Assuming we don't throw the bank at Jordan or Loo and Hines heads out, I'd try to keep at least two of Auger, Dohm, Kohn, and Scheulke, take the approach of quality over quantity and go hunt for a backup catcher plus:
1 starting pitcher
1 closer
1 power-hitting anything

Note that none of this is a comment on the personalities or priorities of these players. I haven't kept up with commentary from these kids on who thinks they're headed for MLB and who wants to be the next Cole Gordon.

Latest posts